Author Topic: African governments are overreacting to Covid-19 Pandemic  (Read 13928 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: African governments are overreacting to Covid-19 Pandemic
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2020, 08:56:28 PM »
I went to John Hopkins Covid-19 site and checked out the worst hit EU countries of Germany,Italy and Spain.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

They hit four digits and from that time their curves took off.

South Africa was at 1300 last Sunday and I was expecting this week, ending today, April 5, 2020 to read of thousands of new cases. South Africa added a mere 300 or less.

Spain hit 1,200 and in a week they registered 9,900.

Another thing, vooke: How do you know the 'overeaction' isn't the reason our numbers are not exploding? Remember, most countries began to 'overeact' at about the same time, within a week; sparked off by Trump's banning travel to/from the EU. Only difference is Africans had not recorded a big number by then. South Korea has been recording similarly small increases for a while now; just from aggressive testing. It may very well be that those badly hit EU countries just reacted too late, once there were too many.

I'm intrigued by your idea that our people are not dying in any greater numbers than usual (Africa); I hope to confirm it. It'll put my mind at ease as I've been thinking we have hundreds of thousands of untested cases because we've been traveling to the U.S. and back throughout January, Feb, and early March.

Take Italy.

They went into lockdown on March 9,2020. The figures kept growing.

South Africa is where Italy was the week before March 9 with a lockdown so I believe they are comparable.

What I’m saying is, Africa appears to have a massive advantage over EU and as such, our response to the pandemic should not have an Italy or US scenario we are trying to avoid because it just is not happening.

If there are thousands with the virus but yet to be tested these would drive down the mortality rate even further making it ‘just a flu’.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2020, 09:01:19 PM »
South Africa stats as of yesterday
?s=21

They tested 17,000 and added only 300 between 1st and 5th

?s=21
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2020, 09:09:44 PM »
I bet you motherfucker have run out of tithe coins and you are looking for normalcy to return so that you can continue fleecing widows. How many widows do you Poink Pastor Vooke?

You lack understanding of the how infectious and how rapidly this disease can spread if unchecked. India has 3,200 cases as of yesterday. I deal with guys from Mumbai everyday and they told me that it started with several cases and it just took off. The govt has support of 90 percent of 1.4 billion. The 10 percent not observing the curfew are going to cause untold suffering.

India has regions that experience winter and so it is not just Mumbai that they have to worry about

Africa is not USA

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2020, 11:05:26 PM »
British PM may not make it😮

Offline bimnji

• VIP
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2020, 11:45:18 PM »
But Vooke you are saying that the virus is not doing well in hot temperature zones, if that is true,  are you forgetting that the cold season in kenya is just around the corner. So if good measures are taken now at least by the time the cold temp gets here hopefully things will be in control. I rather they do what they are doing than be a laughing stalk of the world later, you can not imagine how wazungus are scratching their heads about the low deaths in africa till some are suggesting vaccine trials to be carried in Africa

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2020, 11:59:08 PM »
Vooke is just stirring shit to see if his halfbaked theory is sound

South Africa is headed for winter. About 15% of the population has AIDS, meaning they are at risk of dying if they get infected by COVID-19. South Africa has a better health system than the rest of Africa but I doubt it can cope with an avalanche of sick people during their winter

South Africa has a serious Alcohol and drug problem in it's under class population meaning containing this group of usually violent uneducated morons will be hard. I bet you when this thing takes off in Jorburg and Capetown it will just decimate them like nonsense

The Chinese presence in Capetown may have contributed to a lot of community infections before lockdown. Anyway we will soon know if they will beat it.

, most of their ghettos are full of alcoholics and crack consuming dope heads

Kenya is headed for Cold season in Central and other high attitude regions. I bet you anyone over 70 years in Kenya will be dead by September

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2020, 12:58:17 AM »
Warm weather seems to slow it down but if prevention measures are not in place then expect serious illnesses and or even many deaths.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2020, 08:14:26 AM »
British PM may not make it😮

ICU=ventilator=artificially induced coma

I hope and pray he does

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2020, 08:16:19 AM »
But Vooke you are saying that the virus is not doing well in hot temperature zones, if that is true,  are you forgetting that the cold season in kenya is just around the corner. So if good measures are taken now at least by the time the cold temp gets here hopefully things will be in control. I rather they do what they are doing than be a laughing stalk of the world later, you can not imagine how wazungus are scratching their heads about the low deaths in africa till some are suggesting vaccine trials to be carried in Africa

Boss, what we call cold season here has nothing on Northern hemisphere cold. Apart from a few high altitude areas like around uplands, Molo-Burnt Forest and such, our coldest months are still relatively hot

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2020, 08:13:59 PM »
Interrogating the nyeuthi data by looking at the recovery rates and durations plus the inability to enforce social distancing in our slums and businesses, I would rather the governments overreact. If there are deaths being kanyagiwad as per twitter condolonces, then we are in a quite some shitstorm.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2020, 08:58:15 PM »
Interrogating the nyeuthi data by looking at the recovery rates and durations plus the inability to enforce social distancing in our slums and businesses, I would rather the governments overreact. If there are deaths being kanyagiwad as per twitter condolonces, then we are in a quite some shitstorm.

Where can I find this data?

I agree safety needs to be paramount.  But I am skeptical of blanket authorities to carry out sweeping actions like shutting down entire countries.  There has to be some real oversight both for political and medical decisions, when this is behind us. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2020, 09:28:01 PM »
Any data to do with this Coronavirus is suspect. Very suspect.
Even New York Times is now asking "where are those heart attacks that used to kill people before Coronavirus?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/well/live/coronavirus-doctors-hospitals-emergency-care-heart-attack-stroke.html#click=https://t.co/HOX2Tc5PWt

Hospitals are eerily quite ad they wait for Coronavirus victims! But of course in the US a new scam has also emerged where cases /deaths are fraudulently reported as being because of Covid-19 because Federal Government is dishing out funds plus it doesn't matter whether you are insured or not.

And then this with CDC directive. Quite unscientific way of registering deaths!

https://www.westernjournal.com/cdc-tells-hospitals-list-covid-cause-death-even-just-assuming-contributed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Could go on. And on...

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2020, 10:25:53 PM »
Negroes are still dropping like flies in the US

So it may not be melanin after all
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/african-americans-may-be-dying-covid-19-higher-rate-better-n1178011

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2020, 10:26:18 PM »
Either you are really darn, don’t want to know, or or you make things up.
COVID can kill secondary to another morbidity eg heart attack, diabetes.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2020, 10:28:12 PM »
Negroes are still dropping like flies in the US

So it may not be melanin after all
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/african-americans-may-be-dying-covid-19-higher-rate-better-n1178011

They die due to prevalence of other morbid issues and socio economic status

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2020, 11:04:32 PM »
This to me is the most reliable, regularly updated and have interactive links for most countries.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2020, 11:55:31 PM »

I have a theory or hypothesis that Africa is relatively safe from Covid-19 for whatever reasons.

I dropped the American negroes article as an obiter dicta.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2020, 11:57:50 PM »
This to me is the most reliable, regularly updated and have interactive links for most countries.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I use it at times. The source of the data is official channels. I quoted SA's minister for health. John Hopkins I think is the best source.

Without quibbling too much about sources,  I don't think I am mistaken on the stats I shared

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2020, 12:57:59 AM »
Any data to do with this Coronavirus is suspect. Very suspect.
Even New York Times is now asking "where are those heart attacks that used to kill people before Coronavirus?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/well/live/coronavirus-doctors-hospitals-emergency-care-heart-attack-stroke.html#click=https://t.co/HOX2Tc5PWt

Hospitals are eerily quite ad they wait for Coronavirus victims! But of course in the US a new scam has also emerged where cases /deaths are fraudulently reported as being because of Covid-19 because Federal Government is dishing out funds plus it doesn't matter whether you are insured or not.

The bold is just straight conspiracy theory.  Suppose it's true, what's the purpose of the government dishing out funds?  Do they just send a cash in a brown envelope to whoever reports a fake covid-19 death?  I can't imagine it working that way even in a banana republic.

From the story.

Some of the excess capacity is indeed by design. We canceled elective procedures, though many of those patients never needed hospitalization. We are now providing care at home through telemedicine, but those services are for stable outpatients, not for those who are acutely ill.

Some patients, who would ordinarily be admitted are not being admitted.  That is an uncontroversial fact, because hospitals are being prepped for covid-19.  I agree, there could be something to be said for how this might impact overal mortality separate from covid-19 deaths, I just don't know what.

And then this with CDC directive. Quite unscientific way of registering deaths!

https://www.westernjournal.com/cdc-tells-hospitals-list-covid-cause-death-even-just-assuming-contributed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Could go on. And on...

Western Journal...mhhhh.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2020, 12:58:59 AM »

I have a theory or hypothesis that Africa is relatively safe from Covid-19 for whatever reasons.

If you think Africa will be safe read this.
Africa needs to take serious measures like governor Cuomo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/05/ecuadorian-city-creates-helpline-for-removal-of-coronavirus-victims