Author Topic: African governments are overreacting to Covid-19 Pandemic  (Read 13937 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: African governments are overreacting to Covid-19 Pandemic
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 11:34:57 PM »
For Coronavirus deaths, that is something which even in US itself is still unknown. In some cases deaths due to pneumonia have dropped by 40% as claim of coronavirus deaths rise.

I personally know of a cancer patient from Mombasa who could not be treated at KNH as they are WAITING FOR CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS. And another one had surgery which had been scheduled months earlier at Aga Khan but now can't get treated as WAIT FOR CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS is priority.

Even in the US and other places, governments are locking down and hoarding medical supplies in READINESS FOR CORONAVIRUS DEATHS/ICU/HOSPITALIZATION.

No one bothers checking official statistics on Italy, Spain, Germans deaths during flu/winter season and then compare what's happening. It's as if people were living forever until coronavirus arrived. And everyone is an expert that Italians are dying because of corornavirus therefore we stay home as we ait for Bill Gates to come up with  a vaccine.

Nothing is making sense about this coronavirus.

I am with you on this one.  And you know how this will send plato scampering back onto his high horse(or is it a pony  :D )?  I don't understand what these numbers are.  Some people are okay with that.  I am not.

What part of numbers of dead bodies don't you understand? You want to touch a dead body to understand the numbers ..kweli ..no wonder you and Mbeki wasted a lot of years  in the Aids denial rabbit hole. At least if you get it today n 14 days we see your fat butt getting roasted in chitown. This one has no time for arvs it straight to making especially if you have defective genes

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 11:49:05 PM »
For Coronavirus deaths, that is something which even in US itself is still unknown. In some cases deaths due to pneumonia have dropped by 40% as claim of coronavirus deaths rise.

I personally know of a cancer patient from Mombasa who could not be treated at KNH as they are WAITING FOR CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS. And another one had surgery which had been scheduled months earlier at Aga Khan but now can't get treated as WAIT FOR CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS is priority.

Even in the US and other places, governments are locking down and hoarding medical supplies in READINESS FOR CORONAVIRUS DEATHS/ICU/HOSPITALIZATION.

No one bothers checking official statistics on Italy, Spain, Germans deaths during flu/winter season and then compare what's happening. It's as if people were living forever until coronavirus arrived. And everyone is an expert that Italians are dying because of corornavirus therefore we stay home as we ait for Bill Gates to come up with  a vaccine.

Nothing is making sense about this coronavirus.

I am with you on this one.  And you know how this will send plato scampering back onto his high horse(or is it a pony  :D )?  I don't understand what these numbers are.  Some people are okay with that.  I am not.

What part of numbers of dead bodies don't you understand? You want to touch a dead body to understand the numbers ..kweli ..no wonder you and Mbeki wasted a lot of them in Aids denial rabbit hole. At least you get today and in 14 days we see your fat butt getting roasted in chitown

Cohorts, sources, medical history etc etc etc.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 01:03:06 AM »
The reason they cancel cancer treatments is because they dont want to expose the unknowns to an immuno compromised person.
Getting back to your numbers. The numbers being reported are the ones that have had contact with medical personnel. There are many more who get a mild form and go on with their life.
No there does not seem to be a conspiracy unless you have evidence.  Maybe in China.
Also, this disease does not care about genes, or how healthy you are. It latches and attacks ACE inhibitors thus spreading very quickly to the lungs and overwhelms the defenses. Patient dies with in 12hrs.

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 01:51:18 AM »
The reason they cancel cancer treatments is because they dont want to expose the unknowns to an immuno compromised person.
Getting back to your numbers. The numbers being reported are the ones that have had contact with medical personnel. There are many more who get a mild form and go on with their life.
No there does not seem to be a conspiracy unless you have evidence.  Maybe in China.
Also, this disease does not care about genes, or how healthy you are. It latches and attacks ACE inhibitors thus spreading very quickly to the lungs and overwhelms the defenses. Patient dies with in 12hrs.

Understandable.  I have no problem with healthcare professionals following emergency protocols.  It's numbers and what they mean.

For example in this story Largest 1-Day Increase in Covid-19 in Chicago Area https://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/largest-1-day-increase-yet-in-coronavirus-cases-in-chicago-area/2250540/

That includes 1,566 newly-reported cases of coronavirus in Illinois and the regions surrounding greater Chicago, and 37 new fatalities.

When I read this I could understand it as

a) the number of people who got infected on Saturday is 1,566.  I think unlikely, because am not aware of tests being able to determine this.  But that many readers would it interpret it that way wouldn't surprise me.
b) the number of people who tested positive on Saturday but could have been infected on a different day is 1,566.

The fatalities could be those whose death was caused by covid-19.  Or those who died with covid-19 of another cause.  It's left to our imagination.

Then you have this portion here
Those numbers include the largest single-day increase in most every county in the immediate Chicago area, including the city of Chicago; Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Will and Winnebago Counties in Illinois; Rock County in Wisconsin; and Lake and St. Joseph Counties in Indiana.

Again, it is not clear what this increase means.  It could mean

a) the largest single day increase mediated by an increase in tests, happened on Saturday.
b) the largest single day because of spread of the virus, happened on Saturday.
c) the largest single day spread from a combination of a) and b).

There is no mention of how many tests in total were carried out on Saturday.  To me, this seems inadequate depending on what you want to know.  For some it's okay to not know.  Others - like me - want to know more.  And it's be repeated over for many states, jurisdictions and different media.

You don't need to be a conspiracist to not understand the numbers being passed around. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2020, 02:24:55 AM »

Understandable.  I have no problem with healthcare professionals following emergency protocols.  It's numbers and what they mean.

For example in this story Largest 1-Day Increase in Covid-19 in Chicago Area https://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/largest-1-day-increase-yet-in-coronavirus-cases-in-chicago-area/2250540/

That includes 1,566 newly-reported cases of coronavirus in Illinois and the regions surrounding greater Chicago, and 37 new fatalities.

When I read this I could understand it as

a) the number of people who got infected on Saturday is 1,566.  I think unlikely, because am not aware of tests being able to determine this.  But that many readers would it interpret it that way wouldn't surprise me.
b) the number of people who tested positive on Saturday but could have been infected on a different day is 1,566.

The fatalities could be those whose death was caused by covid-19.  Or those who died with covid-19 of another cause.  It's left to our imagination.

Then you have this portion here
Those numbers include the largest single-day increase in most every county in the immediate Chicago area, including the city of Chicago; Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Will and Winnebago Counties in Illinois; Rock County in Wisconsin; and Lake and St. Joseph Counties in Indiana.

Again, it is not clear what this increase means.  It could mean

a) the largest single day increase mediated by an increase in tests, happened on Saturday.
b) the largest single day because of spread of the virus, happened on Saturday.
c) the largest single day spread from a combination of a) and b).

There is no mention of how many tests in total were carried out on Saturday.  To me, this seems inadequate depending on what you want to know.  For some it's okay to not know.  Others - like me - want to know more.  And it's be repeated over for many states, jurisdictions and different media.

You don't need to be a conspiracist to not understand the numbers being passed around. 

There are millions who have the virus but dont know it.
The daily numbers they are talking are those people who came in contact with healthcare professionals.
Most people will never be tested, and may begin spread it later when the weather is conducive to viral growth eg travel to Australia in July.
So, for now just assume that everyone is infected unless otherwise.

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2020, 02:33:14 AM »
Georgesoros,

No, I am not ignorant of what I am expected to do.  It’s the meaning of the numbers I am ignorant of.

It goes without saying those test results are from people who have come into contact with healthcare folks.

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2020, 02:45:52 AM »
Georgesoros,

No, I am not ignorant of what I am expected to do.  It’s the meaning of the numbers I am ignorant of.

It goes without saying those test results are from people who have come into contact with healthcare folks.

You are such a piece of work. To get on the numbers board. You have to be tested and confirmed. To be tested you must exhibit signs that CDC has approved for doctors to request covid19 testing ..300k in USA those that got tested confirmed and either ended on hospital or had a mild case and are in self isolation at home

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2020, 02:54:23 AM »
Georgesoros,

You are such a piece of work. To get on the numbers board. You have to be tested and confirmed. To be tested you must exhibit signs that CDC has approved for doctors to request covid19 testing ..300k in USA those that got tested confirmed and either ended on hospital or had a mild case and are in self isolation at home

You are not making any sense.  But what is new?  Are you okay?

Here is some Sunny Bobo to sooth you. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2020, 03:17:06 AM »
Georgesoros,

You are not making any sense.  But what is new?  Are you okay?

Here is some Sunny Bobo to sooth you. 

New contact with any professional
Even if you call 911 they will not entertain you, rather they will ask you if you have shortness of breath then they will come get you and give you  oxygen thru the nose or thru the trachea if necessary.

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2020, 03:26:59 AM »
GS,

I am aware of all that.  Thanks. 

I found this interactive CDC fluview app with some information.  This particular link is pneumona and influenza mortality https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/mortality.html.

I think there is more.  It should add to a richer picture for those interested in such things.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020, 05:38:36 AM »
People
African govt should take it even more seriously given that they do not have enough resources to treat masses of people.
it seems like you have no idea what we have here. They thought that warm weather will slow it until I saw what is happening in Ecuador.  A whole clan is wiped out in two to three weeks and keeps spreading. Nobody is spared, including kids - though not as many

Glad to see u're now on board. The reason I don't buy the 'ordinary flu' angle by Garliv et al is I did check and Italy's annual flu numbers are 8,000 deaths! In just about 6 weeks, the COVID deaths reported are double that. Moreover, they are running out of facilities for treating serious cases. There's no way this is the normal flu. Something is obviously newly awful in Italy and Spain. I doubt governments that keep those stats would take this long to notice something so obvious if this was just the normal number of flu deaths.

I'm hoping pastor is right, of course. I'd be delighted if African cases never ran up like that. That's my prayer. But until we know that for sure, our govts must work to ensure we don't have too many very sick people at once. There are no facilities to treat them. In Kenya, two of the mortalities are children, by the way. One is a child of 6 years and another a baby of 6 months.

@vooke, you're some kind of journalist: have you checked the morgue thing? Or relying on lack of reporting in normal news? I'd really like for your hunch to turn out correct, which is why I'm asking; If no one is reporting many deaths on the continent and the situation stays the same, it's fantastic news.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2020, 07:32:02 AM »
I went to John Hopkins Covid-19 site and checked out the worst hit EU countries of Germany,Italy and Spain.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

They hit four digits and from that time their curves took off.

South Africa was at 1300 last Sunday and I was expecting this week, ending today, April 5, 2020 to read of thousands of new cases. South Africa added a mere 300 or less.

Spain hit 1,200 and in a week they registered 9,900.

Another thing, vooke: How do you know the 'overeaction' isn't the reason our numbers are not exploding? Remember, most countries began to 'overeact' at about the same time, within a week; sparked off by Trump's banning travel to/from the EU. Only difference is Africans had not recorded a big number by then. South Korea has been recording similarly small increases for a while now; just from aggressive testing. It may very well be that those badly hit EU countries just reacted too late, once there were too many.

I'm intrigued by your idea that our people are not dying in any greater numbers than usual (Africa); I hope to confirm it. It'll put my mind at ease as I've been thinking we have hundreds of thousands of untested cases because we've been traveling to the U.S. and back throughout January, Feb, and early March.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2020, 05:13:32 PM »
The world was used to USA providing leadership for such diseases, until Trump showed up. The person in charge of coordinating such emergency in China was removed by Trump. So, there was nobody on site to work with the Chinese and give feedback to USA. Govt to Govt cooperation is DEAD. Then, the genius took a while to even acknowledge that there was looming disaster, so govt agencies did nothing to prepare. They did not want to go against him knowing his big mouth and the right wing machinery. Finally, when the governor of New York decided to protect his state, that is when the moron took it seriously knowing there is a political risk. In public health, you dont wait till its at the door to start buying medications and equipment. Too late!!!

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 05:33:06 PM »
Now if that is the case THEN CORONAVIRUS IS NOT DANGEROUS AS CLAIMED. If you can have millions with the virus and they aren't aware it means that they are not sick. Their body immunity is handling fine. Then it is not a virus which should made all of us destroy our lives to eradicate it.
Look, if you take any human being and give him a battery of tests for fear he might be carrying some pathogens without knowing then ALL HUMANITY would be locked down! You can't miss something unless you just dropped from outer space where there are no planet earth virus/bacteria.

There are millions who have the virus but dont know it.
The daily numbers they are talking are those people who came in contact with healthcare professionals.
Most people will never be tested, and may begin spread it later when the weather is conducive to viral growth eg travel to Australia in July.
So, for now just assume that everyone is infected unless otherwise.

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 05:38:19 PM »
Am ready to bet that when all is said and down, coronavirus will have been found to be so much hype and sensationalism that science and logical reasoning went on holiday. By then millions of people will have had their economic and social life ruined. And this NEW coronavirus will be within the population just as the 'normal' coronas have been. And the death rate will not, i repeat, will not be substantially different from mean average of every country/state.

Trump joined the political wagon to be seen to be fighting coronavirus. It has become a cause, a way for one to belong.... Like 'promoting democracy..'

The world was used to USA providing leadership for such diseases, until Trump showed up. The person in charge of coordinating such emergency in China was removed by Trump. So, there was nobody on site to work with the Chinese and give feedback to USA. Govt to Govt cooperation is DEAD. Then, the genius took a while to even acknowledge that there was looming disaster, so govt agencies did nothing to prepare. They did not want to go against him knowing his big mouth and the right wing machinery. Finally, when the governor of New York decided to protect his state, that is when the moron took it seriously knowing there is a political risk. In public health, you dont wait till its at the door to start buying medications and equipment. Too late!!!

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 05:49:31 PM »
You are joking. She was expressly told they are focusing and waiting on the expected coronavirus in huge numbers therefore all facilities are dealing with that. She's badly off. And she and family cannot afford  private hospitals. It's as if "you are free to die of anything else but coronavirus..."

Again, if people can get coronavirus and have "mild" symptoms and then go on their lives; then it is VERY GOOD. And that's what we have been saying. Let people get immunity.

The major CONSPIRACY here is deliberate broadcasting figures without context. And then even 60m Americans may be having coronavirus but that does not mean they are dying or on ICU. It is medically excellent if they have immunity to handle it.

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2020, 05:51:41 PM »
Am ready to bet that when all is said and down, coronavirus will have been found to be so much hype and sensationalism that science and logical reasoning went on holiday. By then millions of people will have had their economic and social life ruined. And this NEW coronavirus will be within the population just as the 'normal' coronas have been. And the death rate will not, i repeat, will not be substantially different from mean average of every country/state.

Trump joined the political wagon to be seen to be fighting coronavirus. It has become a cause, a way for one to belong.... Like 'promoting democracy..'

I wouldn't bet on that.  The reputation of the relevant authorities like CDC, Anthony Fauci etc on this matter is unimpeachable to the general public.  I can't think of any other group that wields so much power.  These guys are arguably on the verge of bringing the world economy to its knees. 

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2020, 06:02:14 PM »
Preliminary data in Italy would appear to suggest that the mortality is higher than in previous years during this period.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2020, 08:47:26 PM »
People
African govt should take it even more seriously given that they do not have enough resources to treat masses of people.
it seems like you have no idea what we have here. They thought that warm weather will slow it until I saw what is happening in Ecuador.  A whole clan is wiped out in two to three weeks and keeps spreading. Nobody is spared, including kids - though not as many

Glad to see u're now on board. The reason I don't buy the 'ordinary flu' angle by Garliv et al is I did check and Italy's annual flu numbers are 8,000 deaths! In just about 6 weeks, the COVID deaths reported are double that. Moreover, they are running out of facilities for treating serious cases. There's no way this is the normal flu. Something is obviously newly awful in Italy and Spain. I doubt governments that keep those stats would take this long to notice something so obvious if this was just the normal number of flu deaths.

I'm hoping pastor is right, of course. I'd be delighted if African cases never ran up like that. That's my prayer. But until we know that for sure, our govts must work to ensure we don't have too many very sick people at once. There are no facilities to treat them. In Kenya, two of the mortalities are children, by the way. One is a child of 6 years and another a baby of 6 months.

@vooke, you're some kind of journalist: have you checked the morgue thing? Or relying on lack of reporting in normal news? I'd really like for your hunch to turn out correct, which is why I'm asking; If no one is reporting many deaths on the continent and the situation stays the same, it's fantastic news.

I can speak about Kenya.

There was a report of a spike in pneumonia

Data from the National Registry of Diseases shows that when Kenya reported the first case of coronavirus on March 13, there was a spike in pneumonia, one of the complications of severe Covid-19.

From January up until early February, the number of pneumonia cases were 137,667 before a dramatic increase to 195,504. While the data for March is not complete, a source at the Ministry of Health suspects that the numbers are still increasing.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Spike-in-pneumonia-cases-alarming/1056-5509470-yebtk8z/index.html

If we attributed these cases to Covid-19 Kenya would be leading in pandemic in Africa as early as mid March I just don’t think this is the case.

I don’t have data on deaths in Africa but I doubt all those many fast deaths from otherwise healthy people would go unnoticed.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.