Author Topic: African governments are overreacting to Covid-19 Pandemic  (Read 13936 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: African governments are overreacting to Covid-19 Pandemic
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2020, 08:15:26 PM »
I see we've got a Trumpist Conspiracy Theorist on board. Would've been interesting to get entertained. Sadly he's several years late. Covid19 isn't something to joke with.

One thing I thought I'd say: cause of death and diagnosis have not always required complicated tests. Clinical diagnosis has always worked side by side with test based methods. The Spanish Flu and other pandemics were identified solely by the symptoms. Just because a test isn't done doesn't devalue or nullify the clinical conclusion.

The accuracy of the tests has been improving from 60% to now around 75%. It means there are some false positives and negatives..
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2020, 06:57:22 PM »
Brazil is similar to Africa(geography-wise - climate/latitude).  And they are seeing a surge.  They have a Trump analogue in power.  Stupid and proud of it.  @vooke, Maybe Africa is not over-reacting.
Brazil hit a record high for new coronavirus cases Wednesday, after becoming the country with the third-highest number of confirmed cases in the world earlier this week.

The country's health ministry reported 19,951 new cases in the previous 24 hours, bringing the total to 291,579 confirmed cases.
This new surge tops the previous record set Tuesday. Reported deaths caused by coronavirus also increased by 888 on Wednesday, bringing to the country's total to 18,859 deaths, the ministry said.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/americas/brazil-coronavirus-deaths-intl/index.html
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2020, 07:27:17 PM »
Brazil is similar to Africa(geography-wise - climate/latitude).  And they are seeing a surge.  They have a Trump analogue in power.  Stupid and proud of it.  @vooke, Maybe Africa is not over-reacting.
Brazil hit a record high for new coronavirus cases Wednesday, after becoming the country with the third-highest number of confirmed cases in the world earlier this week.

The country's health ministry reported 19,951 new cases in the previous 24 hours, bringing the total to 291,579 confirmed cases.
This new surge tops the previous record set Tuesday. Reported deaths caused by coronavirus also increased by 888 on Wednesday, bringing to the country's total to 18,859 deaths, the ministry said.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/americas/brazil-coronavirus-deaths-intl/index.html

let us see how South Africa fares during their winter. My Cousin in Botswana told me that now all SA truckers are getting tested when they enter botswana. He told me that the infection rate in SA is high. As matter of fact he told me one trucker ended up exposing 20 supermarket employees. We will see. Even in Kenya deaths are starting to creep up. There was a burial in Githunguri yesterday of a guy that died from COVID. He got infected in Karen where he was working for a few days