Author Topic: Two kikuyu engineer's make a ventilator prototype using  (Read 4840 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Two kikuyu engineer's make a ventilator prototype using
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 03:06:22 PM »
Why title the topic "two Kikuyu engineers ....."?
Were they educated with public funds only from Kikuyu masses? Better would have been "two Kenyan engineers ....". State their names and anyone who is interested in their ethnic background will be able to see it.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2020, 04:06:17 PM »
Why title the topic "two Kikuyu engineers ....."?
Were they educated with public funds only from Kikuyu masses? Better would have been "two Kenyan engineers ....". State their names and anyone who is interested in their ethnic background will be able to see it.

Life is not that serious small bug

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2020, 04:16:47 PM »
It is. even a small ka-thing was used to create you.

Life is not that serious small bug

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2020, 06:45:32 PM »
They are not going to use that prototype. This was just saying hey we can doxthisxand this is the concept we think can work. Next is design something that can be produced and work and that meets kebs standards

Assume the final product is out, more polished and portable.  What problem would it be solving?  It cannot be at the tail end of a covid-19 infection.  At that point the patient's lungs are gone and he needs a ventilator.  Would it be in the back of an ambulance?  The bag looks like something I have seen paramedics use.  I am thinking it might be useful, but for something unrelated to what is being touted.

They are promising ro produce 100 in a few weeks..it is a start even if the produce 5 and donate them it is a step forward
Donate $10 for heck of it..i am donating $100

I like these engineers' curiosity and drive, even though you diligently refuse to answer my questions.  In a more developed society they would be in a massively funded DARPA-like research environment but here they are running up and down just to find an air bag.  Maybe they should hook up with Julius Mwale of Mwale Medical and Technology City https://www.facebook.com/MMTC2020/  :).  He might figure a way to put whatever they come up with to use in his hospital.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2020, 07:01:13 PM »
They are not going to use that prototype. This was just saying hey we can doxthisxand this is the concept we think can work. Next is design something that can be produced and work and that meets kebs standards

Assume the final product is out, more polished and portable.  What problem would it be solving?  It cannot be at the tail end of a covid-19 infection.  At that point the patient's lungs are gone and he needs a ventilator.  Would it be in the back of an ambulance?  The bag looks like something I have seen paramedics use.  I am thinking it might be useful, but for something unrelated to what is being touted.

You just one myopic person.

They are promising ro produce 100 in a few weeks..it is a start even if the produce 5 and donate them it is a step forward
Donate $10 for heck of it..i am donating $100

I like these engineers' curiosity and drive, even though you diligently refuse to answer my questions.  In a more developed society they would be in a massively funded DARPA-like research environment but here they are running up and down just to find an air bag.  Maybe they should hook up with Julius Mwale of Mwale Medical and Technology City https://www.facebook.com/MMTC2020/  :).  He might figure a way to put whatever they come up with to use in his hospital.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2020, 08:13:21 PM »
They should have stayed out of State House. They were doing well as a social enterprise.  Mwafrika governments are vision killers. Though in a society with few opportunities people see governments as the best deal.

Mwale just like State House is a proven con, the hospital and ICU beds statistics had his 'medical city' nowhere.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »
Negativos we are soldering on

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 10:15:34 PM »
Updates
Here are parts the engineers have made

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 11:20:09 PM »
Seems they made the right bet.

https://web.facebook.com/CSBettyMaina/posts/890753651364032?__cft__[0]=AZXDWS4tAFwfhukbZyq7_X_oOG_dxhj2SF1qZ-GeI4GBNgg3n2AiV2FeqcUbzlG1DA9PgNWzbUtT532ierJ2-uohJNesn5ZWbrK9KNh208BF_De7Ku_MEp_aEquoxJGVa4wCghMCZSPxtH8CvKk9MkmNSeAAtlvDnfqEnlGEOMc76gAtVdLvTNIIlOHL-hRKFvs&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-y-R
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2020, 01:20:06 AM »
Yes, this is  benefit of having a man or woman from your tribe. Hopefully they can deliver and we move on to production

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2020, 07:17:12 AM »
Betty Maina is kalenjin - my clanswoman. All Maina, Chuma, Juma, Mwangi, Mwaingi, Maingi, Nyige - etc are Kalenjin names - that are exported to other tribes through circumcision.

AGE-SET NAMES
SEBEI
1.   Maina   Chumo   Sowe   Koronkoro   Kwoimet   Kaplelaich   Nyikeao   Nyonki
SABAOT   (Book   or Pok)
2.   Sowo   Maina   Gabaiyak   Korongoro      Gamnenac   Gamnyikewa   Nyongiik
NANDI
3.   Maina   Juma   Sawe      Kipkoiimet   Kaplelach   Kimnyike   Nyonge
4.   Maina   Juma   Sawe      Kipkoiimet   Kaplelach   Kimnyike   Nyongi
5.   Maina   Chuma   Sawe      Kipkoimet   Kaplelach   Kimnyige   Nyongi
6.   Maina   Chuma   Sawe      Kipkoimet   Kaplelach   Kimnyigei   Nyongi
KIPSIGIS
7.   Maina   Chuma   Sawe   Kerongoro*      Kablelach   Kimnyige   Nyonge
8.   Maina   Chuma   Sawe*      Kipkoymet   Kablelach   Kimnyige   Nyonge
9.   Maina   Chuma   Sawe      Kipkoimet   Kaplelach   Kipnyige   Nyongi
10.   Maina   Chumo   Sawe   Korongoro      Kaplelach   Kipnyige   Nyongi
KEYO
11.   Maina   Chuma   Sowe   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kablelach   Kimnyegeu   Nyongi
12.   Maina   Chumo   Sowi   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kablalach   Kimnyegeo   Nyongi
13.   Maina   Chumo   Sawe   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kaplelach   Kipnyigeu   Nyongi
14.   Maina   Chumo   Sawe   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kablelech   Kimnikeu   Nyonki
15.   Maina   Juma   Sawe   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kablelach   Kimnyige   Nyonge
MARAKWET
16.   Maina   Chumo   Sawe   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kaplelach   Kimnyigei   Nyongi
17.   Maina   Chumo   Sawe   Korongoro   Kaberur*   Kablelech   Kimnikeu   Nyonki
TUGEN
18.      Chumo   Sawe   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kablelech   Kimnikeu   Nyonki
19.      Chumo   Sowe   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kablelach   Kimnyegeo   Nyongi
20.      Chumo   Sowe   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kablelech   Kimnikieu   Nyongi
POKOT
21.   Maina   Jumo   Sowa   Karongoro   Kip-koimet   Kablelach   Merkutwa   Nyongu
22.   Maina   Juma   Sowe   Korongoro   Kipkoimet   Kaplelac   Merkutua   Nyongu
23.   Maina   Juma   Sowa   Korongoro      Kablelach*   Mergutwa   Nyonge
24.   Maina   Chuma   Sowe   Kerongoro      Kipkoymet*   Merkutwa   Nyonge

Bukusu copied word for word...just adding the Ba prefix

Bakolongolo, Bakikwameti, Bakananachi, Bakinyikewi, Banyange, Bamaina, Bachuma, Basawa

other circumscing luhyas copied directly  Kolongolo, Kananachi, Kikwameti, Kinyikeu, Nyange, Maina, and Sawa in that order.

Gusii also copied word for word

Kikuyus did minor change

Irungu, Mwangi, Maina, Iregi, Ndemi, Mathathi and Ciira

Yes, this is  benefit of having a man or woman from your tribe. Hopefully they can deliver and we move on to production

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2020, 11:24:53 AM »
How do you know it's not Kalenjin who copied?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2020, 11:47:24 AM »
Kenyanplato, now you see the stupid thing of using people's ethnic in stating the subject of the conversations. Now instead of the product being discussed we have ended up discusing more about the origins of people's names.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2020, 12:22:54 PM »
Coz Bantus didn't really circumcise and didn't really have age-set. Only the Kenyan Bantus ones bordering Kalenjin and okiek/dorobo do circumcise in near copy-paste way. Age-set is a military standing thing - that is mainly found in communities that had such cultures - principally Oromos and Kalenjin. Kalenjin probably copied circumcision from a kick or from Egypt...and age-set from Oromos.  Oromos had 15 or large age-set - kalenjin have 7 - Maasai seem to have copied from Oromos - also Kikuyu seem to have copied a mix of dorobo and maasai version.
How do you know it's not Kalenjin who copied?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »
Kenyanplato, now you see the stupid thing of using people's ethnic in stating the subject of the conversations. Now instead of the product being discussed we have ended up discusing more about the origins of people's names.

Pundit never wastes time to preach Kalenjin greatness  :)
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2020, 12:42:13 PM »
It's not my problem that you have no tribal pride.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2020, 01:14:58 PM »
I know - thus the compliment

It's not my problem that you have no tribal pride.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2020, 01:16:09 PM »
Plato the gofundme is a good idea. I will throw in $100. First useful thing you have done here

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2020, 03:44:17 PM »
I would rather have he preaches about his personal greatness like the trees he is growing in Maasailand. What will happen to Kalejin greatness if his demi-god does not become PORK in 2022?