Author Topic: Corona was in kenya long time ago - Spike in Pneumonia  (Read 2728 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Corona was in kenya long time ago - Spike in Pneumonia
« on: March 31, 2020, 10:37:39 AM »
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Spike-in-pneumonia-cases-alarming/1056-5509470-yebtk8z/index.html

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: Corona was in kenya long time ago - Spike in Pneumonia
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 10:41:16 AM »
It's funny, I was just saying this to my relatives. If you look at the U.S. situation/numbers since they started taking it srsly and testing (just the other day), it's clear they've had it a while, and travel btw Kenya and the states is quite a bit and was only stopped also the other day. There's no way that 27-year-old girl was the first one with it in the country. Travelers btw Africa and the US and EU must have been depositing it here since Jan or at least Feb.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 11:21:57 AM »
Yeah corona must have been circulating in Kenya before. Even in states there was a strain of flu killing people like nonsense. It may have been corona virus. Summer bunnies from middle east may have spread corona all over Kenya.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 11:41:47 AM »
weird stuff last year November I came down with a very hard flu, my entire body was aching dry cough and a very high fever i could not even move my limbs even walk from sitting room to the bedroom i just slept on the couch, and i was thinking over in my mind that this is not usual flu, in my life time i have never experienced something like that, it lasted a whole 1 week but 2 days were extreme just being on the couch shivering and aching, i even narrated to my family that this was not normal,luckily that period i was away on my own, come to think again it might have been this virus.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
Hey Baite Njuri Njeke. Good to see you after many years and sorry for that nasty flu.
weird stuff last year November I came down with a very hard flu, my entire body was aching dry cough and a very high fever i could not even move my limbs even walk from sitting room to the bedroom i just slept on the couch, and i was thinking over in my mind that this is not usual flu, in my life time i have never experienced something like that, it lasted a whole 1 week but 2 days were extreme just being on the couch shivering and aching, i even narrated to my family that this was not normal,luckily that period i was away on my own, come to think again it might have been this virus.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 11:51:07 AM »
Thanks been watching you and Robina with amusement and decided to finally join,you two can make a good couple but thats a different topic am still familiarizing with forum then churn out heavy threads on politics, you both need some reality check.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 11:57:49 AM »
Robina is a nerd.
Thanks been watching you and Robina with amusement and decided to finally join,you two can make a good couple but thats a different topic am still familiarizing with forum then churn out heavy threads on politics, you both need some reality check.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 01:33:31 PM »
Why not the other way round? Pneumonia was always around just that now they gave it a new name?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 01:54:26 PM »
Why not the other way round? Pneumonia was always around just that now they gave it a new name?

That makes not much sense. The report is not that we have pneumonia now but that there's been an inexplicable spike in it in our public hospitals since Feb. That's one hell of a coincidence. It should at least be eye-brow raising, esp for something that's been around forever. How do you explain this increase?

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »
Increase can be explained by greater awareness and improved health. Population aging and more susceptible to pneumonia. Convenient to call it a fashionable name that makes donors' wallets turn. Anybody dying of diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and anything that complicates circulation and leads to clogging of lungs or coughing will be called Coronavirus.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 02:32:52 PM »
Increase can be explained by greater awareness and improved health. Population aging and more susceptible to pneumonia. Convenient to call it a fashionable name that makes donors' wallets turn. Anybody dying of diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and anything that complicates circulation and leads to clogging of lungs or coughing will be called Coronavirus.

Why would that create an increase in the span of a month?

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 05:02:08 PM »

After reading your ordeal am thinking you are probably right. I flew to Seattle towards the end of October and while there I got very sick with the same symptoms like you described above. I decided to just get tylenol and wait it out. Three days later I was still sick but I had to come back home. My flight got delayed and ended up missing the connecting flight in Denver and was put in a hotel until the following evening almost 24 hrs. I spend the whole time just sleeping and drinking lots of gatorade. When I finally got back home I called my doctor and got an appointment. He checked me out and said he thought it was the flu and since it had been a few days told me to just continue with pain killers plus fluids. Since I also had sore throat he did a swab and three days later told me I also had strep and prescribed antibiotics for a week. Now am thinking probably it was this virus.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 09:40:44 PM »
I

It's been longer than a month. People started getting sick a while back but now with this media hype and awareness, everything is Covid.

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 10:13:40 PM »
That could be the case that there has been spike in pneumonia. I have read the article and noted the figures provided. I have taken time to break them down because I have realised newsmedia are throwing figures just to make any claim they want.

The article doesn't give us 2019 figures of the same period to compare or at least give us annual average in Kenya. It just say it is not similar to 2019.

Then the difference between 195,504 and 137,667 is 57,837. If we assume the figure of 137,667 is for 2 months (Jan and Feb) then that works out to about  69k persons per month. Therefore an "upsurge" of about 58k before end of March would not be a "spike" but almost "normal monthly" figures. Therefore from these figures its hard to conclude there has been a spike. 

Nevertheless there has been consistent stories from people as diverse as from Germany, UK, US, China, Kenya and Italy itself who now (in retrospect) claim to have had some "serious" flu symptoms that correspond with what is now called Covid-19 in the period between October 2019 to January 2020. So at least these stories are plausible. 

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Spike-in-pneumonia-cases-alarming/1056-5509470-yebtk8z/index.html

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 10:22:31 PM »
Blaming Covid is like the way pseudo scientists are blaming climate change. Even Covid is being blamed on climate change, as if the weather never changed before.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 11:30:38 PM »
I

It's been longer than a month. People started getting sick a while back but now with this media hype and awareness, everything is Covid.

I'll just assume you haven't read the article. It's kinder than concluding you are simply denying data. This is not guesswork in the report but hard numbers collected by and from our hospitals over the last three months showing a spike since February. Please stop denying data for the sake of a conspiracy theory.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 11:48:16 PM »
Blaming Covid is like the way pseudo scientists are blaming climate change. Even Covid is being blamed on climate change, as if the weather never changed before.

You do know that poor air quality is directly related to lung and heart disease right?
You also know that poor air quality is A result of human activities, right?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 03:02:00 AM »
Improbable. Hindsight is 20-20 or something like that. Why are these stats not on the CDC or corona taskforce radar?

Mortals chasing 2 minutes of fame... No Plato, your diarrhoea was not covid-19 :)

On second thought Pundit the resident airhead probably imported this virus from Geneva
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 03:04:34 AM »
US infections have galloped to 186k+... more than double China. Also deaths have overtaken China at 3800 vs 3300. Fauci and Berx are projecting deaths at 100-200k as best-case scenario  :(

https://google.org/crisisresponse/covid19-map?hl=en
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527