Author Topic: kamwana's Presence Is Required  (Read 14182 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
kamwana's Presence Is Required
« on: September 30, 2014, 07:36:25 PM »
On that day.  October 8th, 2014.  Being physically present is the most extra-ordinary public duty for kamwana.

They refuse to believe that kamwana planned to head the association of dictators in Kampala on a day his trial would otherwise have been in progress.

http://icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/doc/doc1842118.pdf

Kuniko Ozaki's dissent is cosmetic.  Largely about the video-link http://icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/doc/doc1842119.pdf.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: kamwana's Presence Is Required
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 07:50:01 PM »
He he his excellency the accused. 

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »
This is a blow to the propaganda machine that has been peddling stupidities such as Obama having "agreed to end the case"
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 09:16:20 PM »
This is a blow to the propaganda machine that has been peddling stupidities such as Obama having "agreed to end the case"
kamwana enjoys the unwavering loyalty of a gullibe and impressionable constituency.  The propaganda fizzles out on the bench. 

I am not sure if Mr. Kay is thinking with clarity when he lies to the court that this meeting of autocrats that has been planned for Kampala supersedes and was done in total ignorance of kamwana's requirement to be in court. 

One would think he has forgotten that the ICC predates kamwana's own presidency legitimate or otherwise.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 09:21:15 PM »
I will make time and watch the negro make history
Just aksin, apart from death and open defiance, what else can save him from appearance?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »
There are many ways of skinning a cat, even more of spreading muchene
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 09:31:21 PM »
I will make time and watch the negro make history
Just aksin, apart from death and open defiance, what else can save him from appearance?
One hopes that no major national emergency that dwarfs westgate happens in the intervening period. 

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 10:57:42 PM »
Terminator:

Kay is not "lying".   A lawyer will sometimes find it convenient to just take whatever the client offers and not ask too much.   That way, they can assure the court that it is all "the complete and total truth ... to the best of my knowledge".   And that too is why even when a person is obviously as guilty as sin, the lawyer can say that "I have talked to him at length, and, from everything I know, he is absolutely innocent".   

Kay is no idiot, although his application was so lame  that, contrary to what people think, Bensouda did not actually oppose it.   But it was inevitable that Uhuru would try, and don't forget that Kay charges by the "billable hour".    A QC, highly regarded in such law ... estimate the billable-hour rate.   And don't forget that in order to have Kay ready to respond quickly, Uhuru is paying a hefty chunk of what you Americans call a "retainer fee".   And actually that's not even the half of it.     

Kay is not the problem, Githu Muigai is:

The partial dissent in the decision (read the Annex) makes a great deal of sense, and, ordinarily most folks would agree with that.   I certainly do.    The real problem is that the Kenyan AG has really poisoned the atmosphere, continually performing as though the judges were a bunch of stupid kids.   What does one expect when the judges are asked, essentially, to use "discretionary" power? 

So will The Prince show up?   I don't know.   But my guess is that, unless he can come up with a "national emergency", he will.    The local riff-raff (including the AU) will no doubt tell him to ignore the directive; but I'm certain that Kay will strongly advise him to show up, and he would be a fool to ignore such advice.

Kay knew quite well that his lame, half-baked request (take a look at it!) would be rejected.  And the judges knew that (a) he would make the request and (b) they would reject it.  And Kay knew that they knew.  All that was obvious.   What is also obvious is that the judges have already considered what actions they will take if Uhuru (minus a "national emergency") defies them.   And Kay too knows that.    So do we all, if we get beyond AU banana-republic noises and look at the chess-game. 
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 01:11:02 AM »
It is shameful when Uhuru lies that he had already scheduled a meeting on the 8th. Yet he knew for over 6 months that his trial would start in The Hague on that date. Such stupid excuses take away whatever credibility he may still command as a person.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Logan

• VIP
  • Superstar
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 03:06:42 AM »
And Life Goes On..

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 11:51:35 AM »
Reminder to skirt lifters:  :)

http://www.kenyan-post.com/2014/09/uhuru-is-not-president-before-icc-he-is.html
Poor girl! The Whackos are going to target her for the choicest matusi. She should have soothed their egos by saying Uhuru will be treated as a Head of State and will sit alongside the judges.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 03:21:57 PM »
When is Baraza going to Vague?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »
I thought you are the "expert" on that? My mistake

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 03:27:15 PM »
They Saitoti-ed him according to some credible word on the ground
I thought you are the "expert" on that? My mistake

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 03:37:23 PM »
They Saitoti-ed him according to some credible word on the ground
If there had been any "Scientific Exorcism" I would have heard of it. I think the guy is alive and well, being used as a bargaining chip to keep WSR on good behaviour - according to others.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 03:38:34 PM »
Once he exhaust his constitutional rights in kenya. ICC must now have realized that warrants of arrest are great incentive to delay or dodge justice. They should have summoned Baraza and he would be in ICC now.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »
Once he exhaust his constitutional rights in kenya. ICC must now have realized that warrants of arrest are great incentive to delay or dodge justice. They should have summoned Baraza and he would be in ICC now.
My guess is that the warrant was used more as a threat for him to spill the beans rather than and end in itself. Silly really, if you look at it closely. Confrontation where you lack your own dedicated police or military force is counter-productive. I learned years ago to threaten local staff (in African countries) with arrest but never go ahead and do it.

The empty threat combined with pleas to cooperate can tell you where all the supplies are stored awaiting a buyer. Go to the police and the suspect cuts in the police and you are cut loose. The ICC has a lot to learn about Africa.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
Is that so?   As long as people want to advise the ICC on what works and what doesn't let us consider this one, in the Bemba matters.

In November 2013, the court issued arrest warrants for four people (and Bemba) for Article 70 offences, same thing Barasa is charged with.   All 4 were arrested within a few weeks.   One of them decided to take the Barasa path and make appeals to his country's (France's) legal system that he not be handed over.  Within 3 or so months, he has gone as far as he could and the courts order that he be handed over.    As I write this, all four are playing ping-pong in the Hague Detention Centre, and their confirmation hearings will be starting soon.

http://www.icc-cpi.int/en_menus/icc/situations%20and%20cases/situations/situation%20icc%200105/related%20cases/ICC-0105-0113/Pages/default.aspx

There seems to be the mistaken belief that the point of the warrant was merely so that he could "spill the beans".   There also seems to be the equally mistaken belief that Barasa's troubles end when Ruto's case ends.   Far from it.   Take a look at the history of such offences, that in the past the court let people get away with them, the various discussions on such ... it was coming.    Barasa is the "prototype", and the OTP will not let him the hook; they will simply wait for as long as it takes the Kenyan courts to make a decision.   Barasa should just have surrendered and cooperated.   
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »
Think ???
Negro has passed from death to life
Termie gave up burying him before he died. Take cue

If there had been any "Scientific Exorcism" I would have heard of it. I think the guy is alive and well, being used as a bargaining chip to keep WSR on good behaviour - according to others.

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
Think ???
Negro has passed from death to life
Termie gave up burying him before he died. Take cue

Termie gave up on the notion that he would be in danger when already dead and burried.  Minor clarification.

Harriet Tubman