Author Topic: Termie, Negro Movies are unintelligent  (Read 16442 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Termie, Negro Movies are unintelligent
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:20:13 AM »
Can't think of any that got me thinking.
Set it Off comes in mind...cursing, drugs,guns sex and a silly plot

I can watch an entire bazungu cast and my mind is refreshed. Not so with negro movies..just like Naija movies...atrocious

SO the other day I was dragged screaming to watch Tyler Perry's Temptation...ignore the crossdressing homo for two seconds and there was totally nothing there. My heart was not tickled, nor my brains

Negroes should stick to singing and stand-up comedy. But even here, am yet to see nobody rivaling George Carlin's wits

The few who succeed kina Denzel, it is without exception in movies littered with bazungu to dilute negro stupidity. Throw Will Smith in an all-blacks cast and you might as well watch Vitimbi

Morgan Freeman...he shone in the ever fresh Shawshank Redemption...but it was the bazungus in it

So as for vooke, the little time I set aside for Hollywood, I want no negro near my screen
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: Termie, Negro Movies are unintelligent
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »
Could it be a legacy of denied education and the after effects of enslavement/colonisation? . I agree with you that black films seem to lack depth. . Most have an overbearing soundtrack and very similar plot lines with morris chestnut and Ms Union showing off... Lol

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 09:54:37 AM »
Movies are a reflection of reality otherwise folks will not be able to relate. Negro movies will reflect negro society. Naija movie reflect naija. India movies reflect india society. Kenya movies reflect our society. High class society white movie will reflect high class society. White latino or mexican movie will reflect latino life. Russian movie reflect russia.

In any case Lupita just won nobel for acting in negro movie.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »
Movies are a reflection of reality otherwise folks will not be able to relate. Negro movies will reflect negro society. Naija movie reflect naija. India movies reflect india society. Kenya movies reflect our society. High class society white movie will reflect high class society. White latino or mexican movie will reflect latino life. Russian movie reflect russia.

In any case Lupita just won nobel for acting in negro movie.
Amen! Plus you have to consider the little matter of "budget"?

Silly mzungu movies and shows are a dime a dozen, too many to list: the Bold and Beautifuls, and a gazillion other soaps I've seen growing up, you have B-rate movies, made-for Tv movies, too many to count.

What vooke is comparing is the block-buster big-bidget Hollywood movies and series---that can afford to invest millions of dollars, even HUNDREDS of millions in some movies---with the tiny-budget films that come from Africa and African Americans....and NOT all of them are silly, by the way. vooke must not have heard of "Shuga" and its friends, from where Lupita hails anyway, and SA has too much good acting to be dismissed in such an uncouth manner. :-X

vooks, wachana na lumping everything together hivyo, open your horizons. Kenya FILM industry in particular has good writing and acting.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:18:48 AM »
Yes budget is an issue...it part of the reality. I think also like anything else there are economies of scale (location/aggregation/etc) that comes with being in holywood, bollywood and now naija ; I mean in holywood any good actor or script writer will like head there....so you'll find holywood has more genius actors and script writers than the entire of Europe or OECD developed countries...some of who are british, italians, etc,etc...the same way you'll find all great coders are probably in Silicon Valley...or close home..Nairobi probably has everything go on in kenya...

Silly mzungu movies and shows are a dime a dozen, too many to list: the Bold and Beautifuls, and a gazillion other soaps I've seen growing up, you have B-rate movies, made-for Tv movies, too many to count.

What vooke is comparing is the block-buster big-bidget Hollywood movies and series---that can afford to invest millions of dollars, even HUNDREDS of millions in some movies---with the tiny-budget films that come from Africa and African Americans....and NOT all of them are silly, by the way. vooke must not have heard of "Shuga" and its friends, from where Lupita hails anyway, and SA has too much good acting to be dismissed in such an uncouth manner. :-X

vooks, wachana na lumping everything together hivyo, open your horizons. Kenya FILM industry in particular has good writing and acting.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »
Yes budget is an issue...it part of the reality. I think also like anything else there are economies of scale (location/aggregation/etc) that comes with being in holywood, bollywood and now naija ; I mean in holywood any good actor or script writer will like head there....so you'll find holywood has more genius actors and script writers than the entire of Europe or OECD developed countries...some of who are british, italians, etc,etc...the same way you'll find all great coders are probably in Silicon Valley...or close home..Nairobi probably has everything go on in kenya...

Indeed, so it is a better question to ask whether there are good black writers and directors that have produced intelligent writing, than to simply look at the skin of the actors and determine baafrika can only produce silly movies. The very good black writers and directors work for the same film industry as the very good bazungu writers/directors and the actors who end up in their films are going to be the Hollywod staple...white and skinny! ;D

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »
Honestly tell me of any all-blacks movie that is memorable. I tried watching Waiting to Exhale yesterday over supper. Ten minutes and I passed out on the couch :o
It is not about budget
Look at Tarantino and his shoestring successful flicks..take Pulp Fiction. Samuel L Jackson really shines.
I mean negro movies are just boring. Negroes need bazungu to show them how. Otherwise all alone they are sore losers
Can you name any all-blacks movie that was a box-office hit? If you can, you would strain to name two
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »
Honestly tell me of any all-blacks movie that is memorable. I tried watching Waiting to Exhale yesterday over supper. Ten minutes and I passed out on the couch :o
It is not about budget
Look at Tarantino and his shoestring successful flicks..take Pulp Fiction. Samuel L Jackson really shines.
I mean negro movies are just boring. Negroes need bazungu to show them how. Otherwise all alone they are sore losers
Can you name any all-blacks movie that was a box-office hit? If you can, you would strain to name two
vooke, nearly all tyler Perry movies have been box-office hits, a good number of black movies have been, including act like a lady think like a man. Maybe you are confusing "niche" vs generic with "box office". Many Black movies are seen mainly by blacks, just like Latinas see their own movies, Indians see their own movies, Chinese see their own movies. White movies are seen by everybody because they are obviously the trail-blazer, they made and introduced the whole planet to the thing, they have commercial success and are well established on TV everywhere on the planet, even their silly films will find audiences wherever there is a tv.

Ethnic films from anywhere in the world struggle to do well with non-Home grown audiences, not just Black. Indian and Chinese films do great because they have massive home audiences that put Bazungu to shame, the sheer number. But Bazungu film depends on more than home grown audiences, they span the whole planet.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 11:50:39 AM »
Also, about Budget, check out this tarantino list:

Quentin Tarantino's Directorial Career, Full-Length Films

Film*                               Year           Box Office          Budget        ROI
Django Unchained             2012          $425M               $100M        325%
Inglourious Basterds          2009          $321M               $70M         359%
Death Proof (Grindhouse)   2007          $25M                 $67M         -62%
Kill Bill: Vol. 2                    2004          $152M               $30M        407%
Kill Bill: Vol. 1                    2003          $180M               $30M        503%
Jackie Brown                     1997          $72M                  $12M        506%
Pulp Fiction                       1994           $213M                $8M         2,574%
Reservoir Dogs                 1992            $14M                 $1.2M       1,122%

From: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/01/26/how-much-would-quentin-tarantinos-the-hateful-eigh.aspx

Now, how many Africans do you imagine will be able to invest 1.2 million dollars--the lowest budget on that list-- well over 100 million Kenya Shillings! :o---in a SINGLE film, much less a billion shillings, or 4 billion, or up to a trillion Kenya shillings on making a single film?!?!?! 8)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 11:57:08 AM »
Also, about Budget, check out this tarantino list:

Quentin Tarantino's Directorial Career, Full-Length Films

Film*                               Year           Box Office          Budget        ROI
Django Unchained             2012          $425M               $100M        325%
Inglourious Basterds          2009          $321M               $70M         359%
Death Proof (Grindhouse)   2007          $25M                 $67M         -62%
Kill Bill: Vol. 2                    2004          $152M               $30M        407%
Kill Bill: Vol. 1                    2003          $180M               $30M        503%
Jackie Brown                     1997          $72M                  $12M        506%
Pulp Fiction                       1994           $213M                $8M         2,574%
Reservoir Dogs                 1992            $14M                 $1.2M       1,122%

From: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/01/26/how-much-would-quentin-tarantinos-the-hateful-eigh.aspx

Now, how many Africans do you imagine will be able to invest 1.2 million dollars--the lowest budget on that list-- well over 100 million Kenya Shillings! :o---in a SINGLE film, much less a billion shillings, or 4 billion, or up to a trillion Kenya shillings on making a single film?!?!?! 8)

I should correct me. I meant African American and other highly advanced negroes who are far less Africans. That's why I compared them to Naija flicks

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »
Not even Naijas can invest that amount of money in ANY film. Few African Americans can, but even they don't invest so much. How many Tyler Perrys are there? And even HIS films come cheap! He cannot invest "too much". I saw a good film financed by the Reverend (or is it Bishop?) T.D. Jakes, but even he cannot afford to invest as much as the Tarantinos of this world.

If you want a good comparison, compare Holly wood flicks to American Evangelical Christian films...there is a CLEAR difference in quality, you can immediately tell the Christian films are cheap, the writing isn't very well done and neither are the actors very good.

In fact, apart from the passion of Christ, VERY few Christian made films have that Hollywood quality, they just don't compete. The only reason the passion was done so well was that it was done by a Hollywood Veteran (and at that time, still a big wig) who was willing to invest his own cash to the tune of 25 million dollars, and then heavily market it to Christian groups plus the controversy around it gave it a whole lot of free marketing. The ONLY Christian films I've seen done well were indeed not Chrstian-made but rather Hollywood-made films, with Holly wood production companies, writers, directors, actors...they just borrowed a Christian story. Like the 10 commandments, Ben Hur, Quo Vadis, I used to watch them for free on Youtube before they were taken down. Old films that were simply classic.

Money is simply too big of a factor to dismiss when you are talking about the QUALITY of film.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 12:58:46 PM »
Not even Naijas can invest that amount of money in ANY film. Few African Americans can, but even they don't invest so much. How many Tyler Perrys are there? And even HIS films come cheap! He cannot invest "too much". I saw a good film financed by the Reverend (or is it Bishop?) T.D. Jakes, but even he cannot afford to invest as much as the Tarantinos of this world.

If you want a good comparison, compare Holly wood flicks to American Evangelical Christian films...there is a CLEAR difference in quality, you can immediately tell the Christian films are cheap, the writing isn't very well done and neither are the actors very good.

In fact, apart from the passion of Christ, VERY few Christian made films have that Hollywood quality, they just don't compete. The only reason the passion was done so well was that it was done by a Hollywood Veteran (and at that time, still a big wig) who was willing to invest his own cash to the tune of 25 million dollars, and then heavily market it to Christian groups plus the controversy around it gave it a whole lot of free marketing. The ONLY Christian films I've seen done well were indeed not Chrstian-made but rather Hollywood-made films, with Holly wood production companies, writers, directors, actors...they just borrowed a Christian story. Like the 10 commandments, Ben Hur, Quo Vadis, I used to watch them for free on Youtube before they were taken down. Old films that were simply classic.

Money is simply too big of a factor to dismiss when you are talking about the QUALITY of film.
Then there should be many low budget negro/nigga success movies out there probably as much as bazungu. That I never come across any is quite telling.

You just can't excuse mediocrity
My point was negroes in Hollywood only thrive alongside bazungu and alone they are hopeless. Can you dispute that?

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »

Then there should be many low budget negro/nigga success movies out there probably as much as bazungu. That I never come across any is quite telling.

You just can't excuse mediocrity
My point was negroes in Hollywood only thrive alongside bazungu and alone they are hopeless. Can you dispute that?
The low budget success films are there and they are many, that's what you were criticizing, remember? I simply asked you to compare them with their equivalent in bazungu land, instead of to the Hollywood giants you was comparing them to.

Your last statement is not a "point", its simply an observation that applies to actors and directors from minority groups in Hollywood/the USA. I don't get what you suppose they prove? In fact, WHAT is the point you are making? I think that should be the first question...That negroes are inherently INcapable of producing good films??

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »

Just name low budget negro flicks that 'are there'
Next, divorce production cost with melanin. The money men don't have to be black as you are implying. Unless they don't trust all-blacks with they mullah.

When am watching a flick, I don't see the financiers or directors except Tarantino who makes cameos. I see negroes and bazungus. And am saying the sensible negro flicks are few and far between. But negroes together with bazungus really shine

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 02:05:50 PM »
You are suggesting we pretend that Hollywood is not as an industry slated against minorities and blacks in particular, such that only very few CAN make it through the hoops, and then with this willing ignorance, we look at Best Man, Soul Food, Brown Sugar, and Perry's films and complain when they don't match up to the generic dramedies and romantic comedies that come out of Hollywood every year. Never mind the films compared don't even belong to the same GENRE. Tarantino does not do family or romantic comedies. Now, tarantino himself is not even a regular director even in Hollywood, he is a star. Somehow he is proof that blacks simply cant produce a good film.  Now, Steve McQueen is black though he is not American, he certainly did a fabulous job, and the Butler did well too, both last year.

What is the point you are making? You are saying, money doesn't count, which is ridiculous to any ears that know anything about movies, next you are saying ethnicity doesn't count, which is also equally strange. In ther words, vooke, you are creating an unrealistic scenario in order to make a conclusion that there's something about Black people that makes them incapable of making a film as good as tarantino. You are saying that the biggest factors that determine film success should just be ignored in order to support this conclusion that you made when you compared tyler Perry films with Hollywood block busters films of a COMPLETELY different genre, and extrapolated from that this strange comparison between the RACE of negroes and whites. Hmmm.

Financiers matter: just like with Christian and other niche films, the mainstream will not support it, they therefore have to rely on their own.

Financiers matter: just like with Christian and other niche films, the mainstream will not support it, they therefore have to rely on their own.

Online RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »
In short a self-hating negro.
you are suggesting we pretend that Hollywood is not as an industry slated against minorities and blacks in particular, such that only very few CAN make it through the hoops, and then with this willing ignorance, we look at Best Man, Soul Food, Brown Sugar, and Perry's films and complain when they don't match up to the generic dramedies and romantic comedies that come out of Hollywood every year. Now, tarantino is himself is not even a regular director even in Hollywood, he is a star. Somehow he is proof that blacks simply cant produce a good film.  Now, Steve McQueen is black though he is not American, he certainly did a fabulous job, and the Butler did well too, both last year.

What is the point you are making, you are saying, money doesn't count, which is ridiculous to any ears that know anything about movies, next you are saying ethnicity doesn't count, which is also equally strange. In ther words, vooke, you are creating an unrealistic scenario in order to make a conclusion that there's something about Black people that makes them incapable of making a film as good as tarantino. You are saying that the biggest factors that determine film success should just be ignored in order to support this conclusion that you made when you compared tyler Perry films with Hollywood block buster and extrapolated from that this strange comparison between the RACE of negroes and whites. Hmmm.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 02:44:21 PM »
lol, vooke as a Christian really should not hate himself. God made us all equally. We believe we have all of us the genes of Adam, so why insist that baafrika is somehow more broken than bazungu? :D Even obvious cases like Hollywood, which was already established and thriving back when Akatas were not even allowed to take a leak in the same spot as white people  ;D somehow black directors, writers and actors should just leap into the same positions and in the same numbers by magic.  8) Perry makes money by doing his niche thing that appeals to black audiences, his films are soap-opera-like, family dramas. If you don't like them (I don't) you will dislike similar films even by non-blacks. There's also the simple truth that Tyler is an individual with his own tastes/vision who has found a way to make a niche for himself and make a gazillion dollars, he simply does not stand for a generic "negroes". Action pact thrillers and such, I cannot think of any blacks who do that. There's a good reason for that.

ALSO: Forgive my poor math. Not a trillion shillings but billions.  ;D

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 03:25:07 PM »
Success in Hollywood is not necessarily a function of mullah. You are free to pretend that it is.
Tarantino is a mere illustration of low budget but successful flicks busting the myth that without mullah you can't be a hit. Am sure he is not even the best example. Ever watched Pulp Fiction?

Quit aksing what points am making and read what am writing for a change.

Throwing genre just muddies the pool. Let me do you a favor. Use ANY genre as a reference point

You are suggesting we pretend that Hollywood is not as an industry slated against minorities and blacks in particular, such that only very few CAN make it through the hoops, and then with this willing ignorance, we look at Best Man, Soul Food, Brown Sugar, and Perry's films and complain when they don't match up to the generic dramedies and romantic comedies that come out of Hollywood every year. Never mind the films compared don't even belong to the same GENRE. Tarantino does not do family or romantic comedies. Now, tarantino himself is not even a regular director even in Hollywood, he is a star. Somehow he is proof that blacks simply cant produce a good film.  Now, Steve McQueen is black though he is not American, he certainly did a fabulous job, and the Butler did well too, both last year.

What is the point you are making? You are saying, money doesn't count, which is ridiculous to any ears that know anything about movies, next you are saying ethnicity doesn't count, which is also equally strange. In ther words, vooke, you are creating an unrealistic scenario in order to make a conclusion that there's something about Black people that makes them incapable of making a film as good as tarantino. You are saying that the biggest factors that determine film success should just be ignored in order to support this conclusion that you made when you compared tyler Perry films with Hollywood block busters films of a COMPLETELY different genre, and extrapolated from that this strange comparison between the RACE of negroes and whites. Hmmm.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »
The Christian you should address is the one who hates herself

lol, vooke as a Christian really should not hate himself. God made us all equally. We believe we have all of us the genes of Adam, so why insist that baafrika is somehow more broken than bazungu? :D Even obvious cases like Hollywood, which was already established and thriving back when Akatas were not even allowed to take a leak in the same spot as white people  ;D somehow black directors, writers and actors should just leap into the same positions and in the same numbers by magic.  8) Perry makes money by doing his niche thing that appeals to black audiences, his films are soap-opera-like, family dramas. If you don't like them (I don't) you will dislike similar films even by non-blacks. There's also the simple truth that Tyler is an individual with his own tastes/vision who has found a way to make a niche for himself and make a gazillion dollars, he simply does not stand for a generic "negroes". Action pact thrillers and such, I cannot think of any blacks who do that. There's a good reason for that.

ALSO: Forgive my poor math. Not a trillion shillings but billions.  ;D

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 03:28:06 PM »
vooke, are you not negro? if so, then the Christian I address is you... ;)