Author Topic: The continued decline of one William Ruto.  (Read 11797 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: The continued decline of one William Ruto.
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 01:03:20 PM »
Your or moonki theory simply has no basis.ICC train left the station long time ago and Keraiko is the DPP (not gema or uhuru) with Kimaiyo as Police chief...Githu is just a gov lawyer..and there is really no criminal land case you can conjure against Ruto now. In short you theory is unfounded.

I think Ruto has simply decided to eat. I think they've found a working eating arrangement. There has to be some grand corruption going on.....and both sides are busy gorging kenya.

Heck that only time our politician can agree...when everyone is busy eating.
Somehow I get the impression you assumed I was discussing the merits of the ICC trial. I have not reached a stage where I can form a definitive opinion whether WSR is coming home a free man or not. I keep in mind that the Prosecution is still presenting evidence.

My comments were purely on the GEMA games and their desire to use and dump WSR. We knew that a task force had been formed mid elections to tame WSR as soon as they won. That is how they tamed Wamalwa and attempted to get rid of Raila who proved rather resilient. MoonKi sought to provide an intelligent explanation and basis for WSR rather strange political behavior - no different in direction as the one you have been sharing here. I supported.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 01:07:36 PM »
I am just faulting the reasoning behind your proposition. It has no basis except as unconfirmed rumours. What we know for a fact is that grand corruption is back on. We saw it SGR and we have seen it dog every Jubilee project.
Somehow I get the impression you assumed I was discussing the merits of the ICC trial. I have not reached a stage where I can form a definitive opinion whether WSR is coming home a free man or not. I keep in mind that the Prosecution is still presenting evidence.

My comments were purely on the GEMA games and their desire to use and dump WSR. We knew that a task force had been formed mid elections to tame WSR as soon as they won. That is how they tamed Wamalwa and attempted to get rid of Raila who proved rather resilient. MoonKi sought to provide an intelligent explanation and basis for WSR rather strange political behavior - no different in direction as the one you have been sharing here. I supported.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 01:12:14 PM »
That could a factor but ID acquisition everywhere is straight forward.

Well maybe most kakamega folks are under 18yrs..and are not eligible to vote. There are few kids in central...due to contraceptive use...but more adults from the pop explosion of the 60s and 70s. Luhya and Kalenjin pop explosion started in 80s and 90s....so maybe we will start seeing more kakamega folks registering.

Luos lost a decade to hiv/aids and related illness...they've had a nearly flat growth i think.

Somali and northern kenya baby boom  started in 2000s..end of shiftas and improving security/nutrition/medicine...and it will take another decade before those many somali kids mature to adults.
No Pundit. Kakamega and indeed Western is leading when it comes to delayed ID cards. It takes a very long time for youth to apply and get ID cards in Kakamega, Vihiga and Busia. There is basically ONE office handling all the applications. Look at the size of the County and its population. We examined it in detail and while one may take photos etc in another two areas, the entire process is very slow. Sadly Kajwang took no action. I will check with colleagues if this has changed.

For the record, it had nothing to do with elections but we were rolling out a micro-enterprise and Micro-Credit program targeting unemployed youth. Many missed out because you can't grant credit to legally unidentifiable persons, especially where defaulting is predictably high. So this delays are causing serious problems. There is need to review what an ID card is. I think such things like Bank issued Credit cards and other IDs issued by credible organizations should be legally recognized.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »
I am just faulting the reasoning behind your proposition. It has no basis except as unconfirmed rumours. What we know for a fact is that grand corruption is back on. We saw it SGR and we have seen it dog every Jubilee project.
Of course. I can't offer irrefutable evidence for such. These are deductions based on past GEMA practises, a political rumor hear and there, which in most cases turn out to be true. The trend has been clear and can be verified:

1. WSR contradicted on multiple occasions not least by Jitoto himself;
2. WSR's pronouncements (decrees) undermined, contradicted and ignored by junior GEMA mandarins
3. WSR having his access and appearances in public with Jitoto grossly curtailed;
4. WSR having to sit and watch Jitoto read the riot act to his (WSR's) people in an act of humiliation

These are supposed to cut him to size - exactly as the rumors had suggested. Now we are moving to the next stage before the final blow. So I wish to ignore rumors but events seem to follow the route predicted by the rumors.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »
I still find that hard to believe..western people clearly need IDS to function..on day to day basis.. I can understand ID being an issue in remote semi-arid areas like NEP, Turkana and Upper eastern. In our area...we were being given ID in high school..never heard folks really complaining about IDS in my place. They are issued on average on a radius of 10km. Every const now is a district..with all office. I can imagine western..the radius is even shorter..probably each western person walks 5-10km to nearest district HQ.

Anyway i think now that we have county gov....they can faciliate immigration folks to do mobile village to village ID registration every couple of weeks.

No Pundit. Kakamega and indeed Western is leading when it comes to delayed ID cards. It takes a very long time for youth to apply and get ID cards in Kakamega, Vihiga and Busia. There is basically ONE office handling all the applications. Look at the size of the County and its population. We examined it in detail and while one may take photos etc in another two areas, the entire process is very slow. Sadly Kajwang took no action. I will check with colleagues if this has changed.

For the record, it had nothing to do with elections but we were rolling out a micro-enterprise and Micro-Credit program targeting unemployed youth. Many missed out because you can't grant credit to legally unidentifiable persons, especially where defaulting is predictably high. So this delays are causing serious problems. There is need to review what an ID card is. I think such things like Bank issued Credit cards and other IDs issued by credible organizations should be legally recognized.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 01:46:55 PM »
It's probably improved. Will check . That is how it was 2011- 12.

If not then what would be your explanation for such a huge discrepancy in voter registration figures between Kiambu and Kakamega?

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 01:58:34 PM »
I have heard that western, like most people born in communities near international boundaries have to go through more hoops for their IDs.

On the hustler, Kichwa, Moon KI, omollo view makes more sense.  There is something kamwana and team have on him.

It's not just about eating.  With the hustlers kind of base, he could still eat and make noise.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »
They just registered like their lives depended on it. When I want to see ghosts, I get a horror movie. Much easier instead of inventing them

If not then what would be your explanation for such a huge discrepancy in voter registration figures between Kiambu and Kakamega?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
I think age-sex cohort would explain it. I tend to think maybe in western more than 60% are under 18 while in Kiambu maybe the reverse is true; 60% of pop are over 18yrs; That mean kiambu will have 20% more ID holding folks than Kakamega. It probably worse in Northern Eastern.

I will try look for data assuming we can such breakdown easily.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »
RV Pundit wrote:

"Your or moonki theory simply has no basis.ICC train left the station long time ago and Keraiko is the DPP (not gema or uhuru) with Kimaiyo as Police chief...Githu is just a gov lawyer..and there is really no criminal land case you can conjure against Ruto now. In short you theory is unfounded."

First, mine is purely speculation.  Obviously I am not in a position to supply "solid proof".

Second, I am not sure I see how Keriako and Kimaiyo are relevant in the primary ICC matters.   As for Githu being "just a gov lawyer", you should review what you yourself have written about him on this thread:

"As UK's is a personal problem".

Third, one of the points I'm trying to make is that, in principle,  even witnesses who have already finished "recanting" and "withdrawing" and lying can still be recalled, especially if they "un-recant".    Add that to the fact that the people who fixed Ruto have been named in court, and by his own lawyers, and you can arrive at a certain conclusion.

The question I was trying to answer is this:

Why has Ruto been behaving like one of those "poodle-boys" that aging white lotharios employ on Asian beaches to suck their ....?   

Among possible explanations, I did consider "eating".    I quickly dismissed that one.  True, he has to toe the line, but I see no reason why he could not manage to eat without being Uhuru's poodle-boy; after all, numerous people with far lesser talent can manage to do and are in fact doing so.

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.