Author Topic: Dr Masinde  (Read 12738 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Dr Masinde
« on: January 25, 2020, 07:54:30 PM »
Did this character die. He reminds me of this facebook character called orowenjo ochieng funny guy.

Dr Masinde is a well adept character. A court Jester, a philospher, comedian and a one man theater. He would provoke late OO and just jibe till OO would lose his cool and call him a cyber urchin and other unprintables

He had very good grasp of Luo traditions and literature. He would narrate a funeral Tero Buru and you would think you are reading Greek literature

His comedic genius was in stories he conjured of how he would visit his rich brother that lived in Lavington and eat his coveted Ujuru Meat (chicken Breast). Lol

What about MIL POLO. I think he retired to Kisumu. He was another GOOD Gifted story teller

Then there was Njonjo Mue Dagitari something Kikuyu Chronices of a mad man

We have had characters on this Cyber world. We need to curate some of this work

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Dr Masinde
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 10:28:55 PM »
Masinde writing skills were excellent.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 12:40:52 AM »
Dr Masinde is was Raila's classmate. At 75 anything can happen.
The fellows must have had very good English and Kiswahili langiage teachers back then. Masinde just like Raila are good entertainers and are well read.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 01:00:52 AM »
Omollo is also well read, written and spoken. Unlike Pundit here who has written nothing and read even less.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 03:46:59 AM »
Omollo is also well read, written and spoken. Unlike Pundit here who has written nothing and read even less.
LOL,,,,
Thats below the belt, Robina. You have something for this dude...

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 04:27:29 AM »
Yeah they were taught grammar very well by scottish missionaries. My dad at 83 yrs writes very clear and concise notes. My mum too. My mum just has a teaching diploma which she acquired in 1960 but her reading speed is just amazing. She can read a 300 literature book in a day. She has read all Ngugi wa Thiongo books, several soyinka books. One summer when she visited she was clearing 10 books a week. Growing up she narrated and interpreted ngugi works to me. When i read I will marry when I want it was a second reading from my memory.
 We need to start reading. May be we should start a reading club.  I haven't read a book since 2010

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 09:20:36 PM »
Dr.Masinde good people, wonder what happened to him. Mla Chake of NC, mil, TRV and poor Kaloi. I gather Oldun went back to kwinya. Mwari wa Mugo still in Texas, 5thglg aka Muluka relocated back to kwinya....who else? Stocko exchange promoted to glory, may God continue to rest her soul in enternal peace.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 10:12:09 PM »
Dr.Masinde good people, wonder what happened to him. Mla Chake of NC, mil, TRV and poor Kaloi. I gather Oldun went back to kwinya. Mwari wa Mugo still in Texas, 5thglg aka Muluka relocated back to kwinya....who else? Stocko exchange promoted to glory, may God continue to rest her soul in enternal peace.

Stocko was a genius. What a wasted talent.
She was so smart she skipped 2 classes in primary. Went to Alliance and graduated from uon. Got a scholarship to Canada and lived there illegally for a lifetime.

I talked to her often and she had come to terms that her condition was terminal.
RIP Stocko

Mia chake is still rotting in NC ..dengu is now a cucu

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 10:55:45 PM »
Stocko wa Lari RIP

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 12:04:39 AM »
Dr. Masinde has dry wit.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 02:19:18 AM »
Stocko wa Lari RIP
Stocks passed on???
She lived in Texas, right?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 09:33:24 AM »
Stocko wa Lari RIP
Stocks passed on???
She lived in Texas, right?

Yes she died 3 yrs qgo.  She was longtime resident of Canada

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 09:47:33 AM »
Wuh, I don't recall any Stocko. RIP
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 09:53:11 AM »
Wuh, I don't recall any Stocko. RIP

Mercedes she emerged during kibaki era. She loved kimunya tribal chauvinistic statements against raila.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 09:59:33 AM »
But she was a genius? Where can I see her stuff?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 10:56:40 AM »
But she was a genius? Where can I see her stuff?

No where. Her brilliance is in academic journals or records in UON or Canada. She was a soil science expert. Her dad was a brilliant colonial administrator retired with 3 pensions. Most her siblings are graduates or hold science diplomas.

Her elder brother was so brilliant. He was a rogue student. He would only attend class for 6 weeks in high school but still emerge top student. He got so bored with school he quit in form 2 and came back for half year to do ksce and passed. He then Went into hustling and used to work as finance consultant, surveryor, tax expert and all manner of gigs. If you asked him to get you  anything from government office he would just walk in and 15 mins he would produce it. He actually was campaign manager for clement gachanja.

At one point moi appointed him as director to run a gok department

He was the most senior bachelor in the village and at 48 years women got tired of him rejecting their daughters and got one senior spinister to move go his house.

I used to talk to him often and he would share his ideas. We called him broker coz he could get you to any personality in Kenya. His brilliance was legendary. No degrees or titles but a genius with brilliant mind.

Stocko inherited her dad's genes. Her dad was an old colonial administrator. He was the village subchief during and after colonial administration. He was polygamous.

One of Stocko step bros is senior climate scientist.

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 02:34:43 PM »
@Patel & @Plato,
How do you know all these people like personally, when all we have to go with here are pseudo names?  :o 8)
TRV by the way has been active on .com. You have to notice him, he has the most awful written English you will come across on a blog forum. But he still prides himself in being trilingual+ (16 languages to be precise)  & let's it known he is posting from his Scandinavian Country where he has settled with occasional forays into Kwinya to go taste female meat in it's original habitat.... :-\

She was so smart she skipped 2 classes in primary. Went to Alliance and graduated from uon. Got a scholarship to Canada and lived there illegally for a lifetime.

I talked to her often and she had come to terms that her condition was terminal.
RIP Stocko

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 02:54:48 PM »
Plato sprinkles an exaggeration here and there but is mostly honest.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 03:58:02 PM »
@Patel & @Plato,
How do you know all these people like personally, when all we have to go with here are pseudo names?  :o 8)
TRV by the way has been active on .com. You have to notice him, he has the most awful written English you will come across on a blog forum. But he still prides himself in being trilingual+ (16 languages to be precise)  & let's it known he is posting from his Scandinavian Country where he has settled with occasional forays into Kwinya to go taste female meat in it's original habitat.... :-\

RIP Stocko

Do you know I have met you 2 times AO?
I interacted with most offline ..or know their friends

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 03:58:57 PM »
i am one person TMZ. Even Robina used to my crush in mashada. She was mercedesk then