Author Topic: Economics ya mawe  (Read 3214 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Economics ya mawe
« on: January 25, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »
I remember us telling poverty pundit aka RV bandit that this will end in tears. Gardens city one river all are empty ..they are offering very stalls. There is income in Kenya to sustsin a mall and their is no consumption culture to keep a mall operating ..

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Economics ya mawe
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »
How many are empty...the ones in runda..is plain localized..village market expanded...then few meters you have rievera and then huge one in two Rivers..two Rivers may need to complete all the phases... resident,office, etc for this to make sense.Garden city is full last time I was there

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 01:23:30 PM »
Check real estate reports in kwiinya

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 01:25:06 PM »
Drive you truck and leave kwiinya alone.Real estate will recover from rate capping

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 02:29:09 PM »
Drive you truck and leave kwiinya alone.Real estate will recover from rate capping

I do not drive, I hire drivers. You want me to get you a visa to drive for me. I bet you can make more money as a truck driver than a coder in Northern Uganda. What do you code? I think of you coding something to do with importation of Condoms to help defeat Kony 2020. How in the world are condoms gonna rescue Northern Uganda from Kony. You are really smooching that poverty industry dollar.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 05:34:22 PM »
Tell me about trucks - that business is worse - I tried it - managing drivers and turn boys is hard work man. I gave up - my trucks are now lying idle & broken down. SGR didn't help. They drained my money.

What kind of trucks do you have - I have two 24 wheelers - ?

As for NGO - hapo we are making big social impact - I see you interested in climate change - that is going to be a big non-profit sector - get on board.

I do not drive, I hire drivers. You want me to get you a visa to drive for me. I bet you cn make more money as a truck driver than a coder in Northern Uganda. What do you code? I think of you coding something to do with importation of Condoms to help defeat Kony 2020. How in the world are condoms gonna rescue Northern Uganda from Kony. You are really smooching that poverty industry dollar.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 06:33:44 PM »
Trucking is a fool's business, I got in when we were getting $3/mile, Fuck it we were taking in $1000 in profit every week. Then the market tanked and we ate shit .. right now make $2/mile is just a miracle.. In areas like NORTH EAST USA you get 50 cent a mile just to drive back home. I actually banned my truck from going beyond New york

Here are the costs
10% dispatch fee for using cargo software
25% drive pay per load
20% Fuel cost
15% Insurance cost
5% payment for Truck loan
5% repairs and maintenance, These motherfuckers breakdown like nonsense
2% tolls and road levies, Fucking America is full of these TOLLS in a week I burn over $200 on this stupid tolls

You are left with less than 12%. If you have a major breakdown all this gets taken down to Zero. My truck had a transimission blow up. I will pay $7000 to fix it. So all the money I made in December during the most profitable season may go to this..

I am actually going to get a Broker License and find funding to get Insurance. Brokers are required to have cargo insurance of 1.5 million dollars...

The truck insurance is astronomical it costs between $12,000 to $20,000 a year to insure a truck in USA

Plus you have restrictions here a driver can only drive 11 hours and then they are off 8 hours. So you find out in a week you can only run for 3 days full

currently I make $2,800 to $4,000 (average $3,500) in a week. If the market is good I should be seeing my profit at $1,000 a month. right now this mathafacker trump is screwing the economy by starting trade wars. Last year Freight Volumes just tanked.. Over 9,000 drivers were laid off.. I lost fucking $20,000. So after I get my money back I will leave the industry and join brokerage

Also, a dispatch service is the best service to be in this industry you charge 10% to dispatch your cost is 2% at most. So you just need 10 trucks to make about $50,000 a year. My goal is to make $20K cash flow and scale up for 10 years

on Global warming I am an activist, I am a hard wired Market believer and I hate NGO nonsense with a passion

What we need to do is create a software that can disrupt this market. let us talk offline when you have time. However it is hard because the CORPORATE companies FEDEX, UPS, lonestar etc have this market under lock and key. Amazon is where the JUICE is right now. The money I saw this Christmas contracting with Amazon gave me a hard on every fucking night.

I am quiting my consulting GIG this Spring and I will be a fulltime hustler making a coin here and there

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 07:04:01 PM »
I could write an essay about my misadventure - including running out of money and ending in cheap motels - in mombasa - then there is a day shed real tears when my truck overloaded and I lost like 200k - just for extra 0.8 tonnes. The worst is deaing with driver siphoning fuel - one idiot I fueled the truck from congo border (mpondwe) it came with tea - to be taken to Mombasa from huko Ruwenzori - the idiot sold all fuel in Kampala and called me at night that the truck had run out of fuel in Mabira forest. The tea was worth like 8-10m. I had to rush, fuel the truck and sell the mzingo to another transporters. Then brokers refusing to pay. Truck breaking down in Tsavo. The stealing batteries, tires and - etc - they steal stuff like wrench, wheel spanners & the lift -  .I only had I think good 2-3 months when I was contracted by Muhindi to transport cement to hardwares in Uganda - with good muslim drivers - but idiot of turn boys I took from the villages engineered their exits - it was back to problems - moved to kenya and shut the thing down.

You basically quit that business - I have a friend trying as we speak to repair my trucks and get them to work - I told him to try - and if it works - I want to sell them to him - and buy real estate.

Anyway now I back to real estate - exclusively - plots and rentals. I wanted to do manufacturing - animal feeds with my trucks - but its hard to manage while am away - but if I find myself jobless I would try to do that.

Trucking is a fool's business, I got in when we were getting $3/mile, Fuck it we were taking in $1000 in profit every week. Then the market tanked and we ate shit .. right now make $2/mile is just a miracle.. In areas like NORTH EAST USA you get 50 cent a mile just to drive back home. I actually banned my truck from going beyond New york

Here are the costs
25% drive pay per load
20% Fuel cost
15% Insurance cost
2% tolls and road levies, Fucking America is full of these TOLLS in a week I burn over $200 on this stupid tolls

You are left with less than 12%. If you have a major breakdown all this gets taken down to Zero. My truck had a transimission blow up. I will pay $7000 to fix it. So all the money I made in December during the most profitable season may go to this..

I am actually going to get a Broker License and find funding to get Insurance. Brokers are required to have cargo insurance of 1.5 million dollars...

The truck insurance is astronomical it costs between $12,000 to $20,000 a year to insure a truck in USA

Plus you have restrictions here a driver can only drive 11 hours and then they are off 8 hours. So you find out in a week you can only run for 3 days full

currently I make $2,800 to $4,000 (average $3,500) in a week. If the market is good I should be seeing my profit at $1,000 a month. right now this mathafacker trump is screwing the economy by starting trade wars. Last year Freight Volumes just tanked.. Over 9,000 drivers were laid off.. I lost fucking $20,000. So after I get my money back I will leave the industry and join brokerage

Also, a dispatch service is the best service to be in this industry you charge 10% to dispatch your cost is 2% at most. So you just need 10 trucks to make about $50,000 a year. My goal is to make $20K cash flow and scale up for 10 years

on Global warming I am an activist, I am a hard wired Market believer and I hate NGO nonsense with a passion

What we need to do is create a software that can disrupt this market. let us talk offline when you have time. However it is hard because the CORPORATE companies FEDEX, UPS, lonestar etc have this market under lock and key. Amazon is where the JUICE is right now. The money I saw this Christmas contracting with Amazon gave me a hard on every fucking night.

I am quiting my consulting GIG this Spring and I will be a fulltime hustler making a coin here and there

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 07:23:01 PM »
Here the good thing we manage drivers with FUEL CARDS and GPS and other tracking mechanism. These deadwoods are cursed they will steal from you and abuse your fuel cards. I fired one after he fueled another vehicle and I realized and shut him down. He was an African American deadwood with 14 kids. He was always running away from Child support warrants. one time he got arrested and I had to bail him as he weeped like a baby. Now I have an Eritrean guy I speak to him through is brother because his english is just terrible. He is a good driver and worked as mechanic in Eritrea  so he is fixes the damn vehicle.. I had a TZ driver but his driving was so reckless he crashed a white trash in Alabama the only good thing is that that trash was high on drugs and had no insurance so they cops sided with my driver but the insurance increased my insurance to $30,000 a year I had to quit the state and go to another state and register my vehicle there. This is a Fucking retard business. No wonder companies contract this work

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 07:38:23 PM »
I could write an essay about my misadventure - including running out of money and ending in cheap motels - in mombasa - then there is a day shed real tears when my truck overloaded and I lost like 200k - just for extra 0.8 tonnes. The worst is deaing with driver siphoning fuel - one idiot I fueled the truck from congo border (mpondwe) it came with tea - to be taken to Mombasa from huko Ruwenzori - the idiot sold all fuel in Kampala and called me at night that the truck had run out of fuel in Mabira forest. The tea was worth like 8-10m. I had to rush, fuel the truck and sell the mzingo to another transporters. Then brokers refusing to pay. Truck breaking down in Tsavo. The stealing batteries, tires and - etc - they steal stuff like wrench, wheel spanners & the lift -  .I only had I think good 2-3 months when I was contracted by Muhindi to transport cement to hardwares in Uganda - with good muslim drivers - but idiot of turn boys I took from the villages engineered their exits - it was back to problems - moved to kenya and shut the thing down.

You basically quit that business - I have a friend trying as we speak to repair my trucks and get them to work - I told him to try - and if it works - I want to sell them to him - and buy real estate.

Anyway now I back to real estate - exclusively - plots and rentals. I wanted to do manufacturing - animal feeds with my trucks - but its hard to manage while am away - but if I find myself jobless I would try to do that.

Here are the costs
25% drive pay per load
20% Fuel cost
15% Insurance cost

My buddy M has lost over $50K in this adventure. He bought a truck brought it to kenya. His driver stole and dumped the truck in Molo in an open field and fled. His brother took all the money meant to pay for the truck insurance and run away with it

He then started another one 5 years later in Texas. Gave it to SF gate to manage. They screwed him so badly he had to beg the lease company to repo the truck. His credit is now fucked and he is $50K in debt.

Offline Garliv

• Mega superstar
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 10:07:17 PM »
The worst thing about Malls is that they literally destroy the surrounding economy. For example, once a mall is established the local kiosks, shops, mama mbogas, butcheries and "small supermarkets" lose their customers to the big (mostly international) supermarkets, chemists, food chains like KFC, Pizza Inn etc.
To me this is terrible because cumulatively the vanquished small business employ more people, mostly deals with local stuffs like vegetables and fruits for Mama Mboga but at the "progressive Malls" fruits, eggs etc are imports from South Africa, Egypt and from other places. Local incomes get transfered abroad.

I remember us telling poverty pundit aka RV bandit that this will end in tears. Gardens city one river all are empty ..they are offering very stalls. There is income in Kenya to sustsin a mall and their is no consumption culture to keep a mall operating ..

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 10:27:15 PM »
Some truth about that  - informal trading get crashed - but overall it good thing. Mama mbogas will figure out something else to do.
The worst thing about Malls is that they literally destroy the surrounding economy. For example, once a mall is established the local kiosks, shops, mama mbogas, butcheries and "small supermarkets" lose their customers to the big (mostly international) supermarkets, chemists, food chains like KFC, Pizza Inn etc.
To me this is terrible because cumulatively the vanquished small business employ more people, mostly deals with local stuffs like vegetables and fruits for Mama Mboga but at the "progressive Malls" fruits, eggs etc are imports from South Africa, Egypt and from other places. Local incomes get transfered abroad.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 03:52:45 AM »
whoa!!! Plato. You are really f...cked up!!!
Its a man eat man world.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 06:56:34 AM »
whoa!!! Plato. You are really f...cked up!!!
Its a man eat man world.

Capitalism is brutal especially when you are a bottom feeder

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 02:44:16 PM »

Upuzi mtupu!

Eff that shit, Western nations are have become more protectionist, putting up barriers and tarrifs Trump, EU, Japan, even China while poor peasants squander their wealth on subsidizing rich Westerners. Ridiculous and unsustainable.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 02:52:14 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/StandardKenya/status/1220644832064036866

Pundit
You are going to invest in a dead market. You should just buy

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 03:59:20 AM »
Media telling foolish americans about nonexistence trucking drivers shortage

https://www.businessinsider.com/10-largest-trucking-bankruptcies-in-recent-history-2019-12?amp

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »
Upuzi mtupu!

Eff that shit, Western nations are have become more protectionist, putting up barriers and tarrifs Trump, EU, Japan, even China while poor peasants squander their wealth on subsidizing rich Westerners. Ridiculous and unsustainable.

All these jokers with new monikers and zero posts. No need to "reinvent" yourself. This is the blogosphere and you were anonymous even before. Man up like Pundit and bitmask - we may ridicule their abra cadabra of evolving views - but why disown your own history?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 11:06:27 AM »
Upuzi mtupu!

All these jokers with new monikers and zero posts. No need to "reinvent" yourself. This is the blogosphere and you were anonymous even before. Man up like Pundit and bitmask - we may ridicule their abra cadabra of evolving views - but why disown your own history?
These a the other place refugees. Mostly kikuyu nationalists. They are mungiki type. Some even after 30 years in USA have circumcised their daughters