Author Topic: Guys it's like a war zone here... Part II  (Read 861 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Guys it's like a war zone here... Part II
« on: January 04, 2020, 04:51:03 PM »
Fck I'm just annoyed now.

I'm at the Novotel right now past midnight and the smoke alarms have gone off.

I'm pissed because I can hear patrons panicking and running out of their rooms.

The guy over the PA reassured everyone this was a false alarm from the smoke outside and the fire trucks are coming to investigate and to stop evacuating the building.

Anyway.. I'm going to sleep. Like Canberra city centre is going to burn from bushfires.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Guys it's like a war zone here... Part II
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 08:14:06 PM »
Fck I'm just annoyed now.

I'm at the Novotel right now past midnight and the smoke alarms have gone off.

I'm pissed because I can hear patrons panicking and running out of their rooms.

The guy over the PA reassured everyone this was a false alarm from the smoke outside and the fire trucks are coming to investigate and to stop evacuating the building.

Anyway.. I'm going to sleep. Like Canberra city centre is going to burn from bushfires.
Everyone must be on the edge. What is Australia land like. To me it looks this south Wales area has very fragile ecosystems. Which is normal for areas near coast.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 02:52:04 PM »
KP, I'm not sure what the land is like. I spend most days indoors. Yes, people are on edge. Smoke's getting worse. I checked out of the Novotel- the worst service, dirtiest and noisiest hotel ever. What was I thinking. I spent today visiting every mall in Canberra for much needed retail therapy and feel much better.

I've checked into the Mantra and I'm loving it. Service is great, place is impeccable, no smoke smell, free high-speed WiFi, parking, top floor, quiet as anything. I booked a hotel room cojoined to a 1 bedroom apartment with full kitchen, laundry, lounge, 2 balconies, 3 air conditioners, 2 tv's, 2 bathrooms, 2 fridges, 4 beds, 1 king and 1 queen, basically for a family of 6... for just me though.. but given what I've been through the past week, I don't feel this to be excessive. I have needs. I think I'm finally happy with the accommodation and hope all will be ok as I travel back to Sydney. Btw thanks so much for your support throughout all this. Love, veri

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 01:53:01 AM »
Stay safe..there is nothing worse than a dirty and crappy hotel. I did my share of hotel living in my consulting days. At least the city is safe. Enjoy the little left of your vacation. I saw some parts are getting rain so hopefully the fires will be put out