Author Topic: Nipate veterans: Who is that 'toli' fella at TOP?  (Read 7214 times)

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
Nipate veterans: Who is that 'toli' fella at TOP?
« on: September 04, 2014, 07:38:07 AM »
Why does he seem so bitter? Kwani what went down back in the day? He keeps calling us cows everywhere he mentions nipate. Iko nini???? ???

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: Nipate veterans: Who is that 'toli' fella at TOP?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 07:47:20 AM »
Log on and ask him. . I like how he cuts to the mustard. . He's a proper no-sh*the Sherlock. . His latest relentless campaign is against so called UK supporting double speaking robots he calls skirt lifters.

Has a clever chap...

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:54:33 AM »
Toli is usually a lovely chap. Not sure why he's jaded of late.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
Log on and ask him. . I like how he cuts to the mustard. . He's a proper no-sh*the Sherlock. . His latest relentless campaign is against so called UK supporting double speaking robots he calls skirt lifters.

Has a clever chap...

Lol, Bryo, here's what I mean:

http://kenya.rcbowen.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40717&p=234423&sid=40410a78ce5f73fde61e5d4a9dbf238e#p234423

veritas wrote:
It would be lovely to see you around Toli.

i am here.

mr bowen has demonstrated an even keel...a sure hand. i am not sure how long your maternal instincts will last and when your 'moods' will kick in or what will happen when babuji decides to smile in your general direction...lol... i am certain that if i were to insult your undies i will be blacklisted! ...and you know how i like to peep upskirt. like nipate, kenya mambo can and WILL disappear puff just like that in an instant. i can gurantee that.....lol..... the cows will run back here again to regroup and collect their new passwords. a few rogue cows ( with crazy egos) are leading the other cows on a merry go round around the www. it is fun to watch the 'herd mentality' live live...the flow and ebb of cows as they run hither and thither. maybe not so much fun any more.

Ouch!!!! You guys must have had some seriously nasty fights back in the day. NattyD and Pundit/Omollo fights also (from their comments) seem to be grounded in those old RCB wars. Mambo kweli.

I have never been a member of TOP nor do I read it but I went there to see if old nipateans might be there. It actually doesn't seem like a bad site at all, less "colorful" matusi et al  ;D Seems to have more ladies too, and I think there must be a reason for that... It must have been some mega BEEF that went down, as neither RCBowens nor nipateans can forget it!! ??? ???

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »
Toli is an  old embittered gusii ever since Nyachae lost elections...anyway i think he is into literature.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 09:34:50 AM »
Kababe,

Top suffered a major PEV following hotly contested moderator elections.  There were allegations of voter roll tampering,  double voting and even tallying centre ballot stuffing and vote rigging.  What followed was a protracted E war,  against all perceived enemies including Mr Bowen himself,  whose alleged crime was ballot stuffing and massaging figures (pulling a Kivuitu) at 'KICC'.

I think Termie and others offered to audit the system as trust was thin.  Then bang Nipate was born a carbon copy of ToP and half the forum migrated kicking and screaming bloody murder. 

TRV coined the term ToP whilst NJL came up with Mikate....  Both too disgusted to utter the rightful name of the respective opposing forum. . If only we had Ocampo  then....

Amazingly,  mod elections were taken very very seriously mainly due to the privilege and power that came with it. Some even wanted to fly flags on their virtual motors.  Democracy Kenyan style reigned. . Over at top you want to watch Kirgit as well...  He's clever and funny too. .

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
There was a mass exodus led by TRV and his Admin friend back in the day due to random moderators being elected in RCB with no experience banning, deleting and censoring posts. The site is run by Richard Bowen, an absolute gentleman along with Mla Chake - another gentleman moderator who's kept the site pristine.

Since the ICC, TRV has been off and on and I believe a couple months ago, left Nipate, well that's when I suspect he left. TOP enjoyed it's freedom because it had its back watched by a political faction. That was some time ago. Powerful people want that site down. They'll keep hitting at it from different angles. That site is not safe.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »
Kababe,

Top suffered a major PEV following hotly contested moderator elections.  There were allegations of voter roll tampering,  double voting and even tallying centre ballot stuffing and vote rigging.  What followed was a protracted E war,  against all perceived enemies including Mr Bowen himself,  whose alleged crime was ballot stuffing and massaging figures (pulling a Kivuitu) at 'KICC'.

I think Termie and others offered to audit the system as trust was thin.  Then bang Nipate was born a carbon copy of ToP and half the forum migrated kicking and screaming bloody murder. 

TRV coined the term ToP whilst NJL came up with Mikate....  Both too disgusted to utter the rightful name of the respective opposing forum. . If only we had Ocampo  then....

Amazingly,  mod elections were taken very very seriously mainly due to the privilege and power that came with it. Some even wanted to fly flags on their virtual motors.  Democracy Kenyan style reigned. . Over at top you want to watch Kirgit as well...  He's clever and funny too. .
LOLOLOL!!! This must be the funniest, most creative piece I've read in a while. Ati ballot stuffing, kivuitu and KICC were all there, complete with PEV?  ;D ;D Veritas must give us a "thumbs up" or points button to award posts like this eh? I tell you, you even had Krieglars wanting to help audit the whole thing, lol! ;D Ama that was Koffi Anan? Alas, only Ocampo seems to have been missing. And "flying flags over virtual motors"...dude, you're such a tool!!! LOL! ;D

@RVP, so Mr. toli is a Nyachae loyalist, eh?  ;D That's a really sad position to take, Nyachae is from 200 AD, yawa, not just in terms of age, but politics. ;)

Offline Tarimbo

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »
hasira za mkisi.......

Offline bimnji

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »
Toli became mad after Ruto got a lot of support from the people who had nicknamed him kabuga because of his PEV involvement . He particularly loathes the uhuru supporters who were ready to kill Ruto but fell in love with him as soon as he joined hands with uhuru (skirt lifters). This is probably a common feeling among kisiis. Toli is a nice chap but he likes to laugh and heheheh a lot in his posts

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 03:22:55 PM »
Bimji,

When i came online..around 2005..Toli really hated raila (and liked i think ruto)..the reason was Toli's Gusii hero Nyachae had been betrayed by Raila...he was pro-PNU..after PEV which after Toli's in Chebilat..his hatred for Ruto and RV went notch higher....when RV and GEMA burried the hatchet...Toli like many gusii felt betrayed again..and became pro-Raila.

That is a nutshell is how most Gussi have felt for the last 10yrs..in a rollercaster..neither here or there.

Gusii need a nyachae to unite the community and give it direction.

Toli became mad after Ruto got a lot of support from the people who had nicknamed him kabuga because of his PEV involvement . He particularly loathes the uhuru supporters who were ready to kill Ruto but fell in love with him as soon as he joined hands with uhuru (skirt lifters). This is probably a common feeling among kisiis. Toli is a nice chap but he likes to laugh and heheheh a lot in his posts

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
The cesspool.  Another name for TOP.  A strange place.  Strange characters. 
Why does he seem so bitter? Kwani what went down back in the day? He keeps calling us cows everywhere he mentions nipate. Iko nini???? ???
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 05:58:40 PM »
"The Other Place" I love'm. It's laid back though. Total zen like Shakespeare's Forest of Arden or Midsummer's Night's Dream. Quirky magical. Wish they were all here.

Nipate.com turned into a bitter cesspool. Angry individuals spiralling down. The characters they tried to runaway from TOP (Mil, PapaF etc) migrated to Nipate. Quality debates nestled in faeces. Not right.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 08:08:36 PM »
Kababe,

Thanks, but that's how it went down.  I couldn't believe that some members had registered sleeper handles to be used chiefly for padding up vote tallies. 

The cesspool remains an interesting place with characters to boot.  You really want to catch the swashbuckling Nipate buccaneers and the 'cultured' pseudo intellectual RCBers in one place.  Utacheka kila siku.   The much maligned Mr Bowen is a very patient man.  He by the way is an RV damu.  It just worked