Author Topic: Trump impeachment going nowhere  (Read 2834 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Trump impeachment going nowhere
« on: November 18, 2019, 11:13:04 PM »
Likely to be impeached but to what effect? This impeachment call has energized his base and Goppers are raising hell and funds for his reelection. No bets yet but from the look of things, Trump will come out stronger and Nervous Nancy will regret.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Trump impeachment going nowhere
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 08:51:53 PM »

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 04:29:58 PM »
He will be impeached.  The Senate will not convict, even though it's not clear he gets most votes.  There will be a trial presided over by John Roberts.  Bad optics all the way except to his hardcore base. 

Either way, he looks destined for one term and possibly jail for the remainder of his life.  Reminds me of quite a few Illinois former governors.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »
Trump will survive the impeachement trial at the Senate, but does not mean he is not guilty as charged. He is lucky the GOP can only loose if it throws him now under the bus. Had this taken place in his second term, Trump would now be on permanent holiday in Miami.
As of law and order party that the GOP was depicted to be, that was yesterday. Now we have a mafiosi residing in SH.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 04:47:09 PM »
He will be impeached.  The Senate will not convict, even though it's not clear he gets most votes.  There will be a trial presided over by John Roberts.  Bad optics all the way except to his hardcore base. 

Either way, he looks destined for one term and possibly jail for the remainder of his life. Reminds me of quite a few Illinois former governors.

Termi, I really doubt any president would let an American president touch jail. They are the last people on earth who would want such a precedent set. That's why they have the tradition of a quick pardon, even before you can have a trial.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 04:50:03 PM »
Most people are leaving GOP because the party left them, and new generation sees the party as a cult. No ideas except personal attacks, and loudmouths. If he wins, lots more will leave....

Trump will survive the impeachement trial at the Senate, but does not mean he is not guilty as charged. He is lucky the GOP can only loose if it throws him now under the bus. Had this taken place in his second term, Trump would now be on permanent holiday in Miami.
As of law and order party that the GOP was depicted to be, that was yesterday. Now we have a mafiosi residing in SH.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 05:03:41 PM »

Either way, he looks destined for one term and possibly jail for the remainder of his life. Reminds me of quite a few Illinois former governors.

Termi, I really doubt any president would let an American president touch jail. They are the last people on earth who would want such a precedent set. That's why they have the tradition of a quick pardon, even before you can have a trial.

He will most likely be pardoned by his successor.  I see that possibility.  But that pardon power only covers Federal charges.  It won't protect him from State charges.  New York has been digging up quite a bit of his past.  They may choose to look the other way and not go for it, but he will remain susceptible.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 05:09:14 PM »
Most people are leaving GOP because the party left them, and new generation sees the party as a cult. No ideas except personal attacks, and loudmouths. If he wins, lots more will leave....

That's true.  The problem is they are not forming another party.  The net effect is that elected Republicans are increasingly of the unhinged conspiracy theory variety.  This is more obvious in the House than in the Senate.  You still need to appeal to wider audience for most Senate seats.  It also gives him the misleading "historically high" approval ratings among self-declared Republicans.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 07:56:47 AM »
Trump is guilty as sin. From the hearings so far.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 02:39:10 PM »
Never thought one can destroy a democracy like USAs but I was wrong. It could have even even worked had Democrats not taken the house. All intelligence agencies have been destroyed; most of  the court systems; the executive office is worse than Mobutus. Children relatives friends etc have the contracts. Need i day more?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 03:48:06 PM »

That's true.  The problem is they are not forming another party.  The net effect is that elected Republicans are increasingly of the unhinged conspiracy theory variety.  This is more obvious in the House than in the Senate.  You still need to appeal to wider audience for most Senate seats.  It also gives him the misleading "historically high" approval ratings among self-declared Republicans.

Tea party is an anarchist right wing party. The core belief of is that state rights trump everything else. They have a very good grassroots ground game. Their plans is implode federal govt and retreat. At one point they had control of most of red leaning states. Until other rethugs take them on it will be hard to stabilize USA. They have found allies in abortion rights Christian Talibans and other radicals. They have recruited militias to create chaos thus keeping the left on defense. However they underrated millennials push back. Millennials believe in multiculturalism and globalism to them the virtual and real world is the same. In north carolina left wing militias have countered right wing ones to appoint they cannot operate

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2019, 01:13:39 AM »
MAGA crew bask in Michigan snow

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma

Harriet Tubman