Author Topic: BBI Leak  (Read 6271 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: BBI Leak
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2019, 01:36:51 PM »
So Raila is out. Ruto is out. Uhuru is out. Who is in? Matiangi?
It points that raila won't run in 2022 and ruto may still be blocked out of power by Uhuru. I belief BBI just read the political reality that there is no appetite for constitutional change. There is no money for it. Raila can now sit back and let Uhuru take on economic storm alone

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2019, 02:16:37 PM »
We still have Kalembe Ndile. :D

So Raila is out. Ruto is out. Uhuru is out. Who is in? Matiangi?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2019, 08:35:48 PM »
Not a parliamentary system, after all. So what was the point? Just to add prime minister? Weird.

Mind games..no ruto has been smoked out. This an antic similar to okoa Kenya.

Robina
Prime Minister will be appointed and fired by President

Yeah we really don't need that. Keep it pure presidential then. Let's see what Raila launches tomorrow. What an anti-climax.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2019, 04:42:30 AM »
This seem like Naivasha repeat. Raila will run away with it - and become the father of the new newer constitution.
Raila and ODM need to boycott this nonsense and return to maandamano. It easy to string a parliamentary or anti-PORK coalition. Especially with fresh Ruto-Kiunjuri pact.
Odm with help of kibicho were kin to own BBI in Bomas.Repeat of 2010.Talk of winning the battles and losing the war.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2019, 04:58:18 AM »
Not a parliamentary system, after all. So what was the point? Just to add prime minister? Weird.

Mind games..no ruto has been smoked out. This an antic similar to okoa Kenya.

Robina
Prime Minister will be appointed and fired by President

Yeah we really don't need that. Keep it pure presidential then. Let's see what Raila launches tomorrow. What an anti-climax.
Yes BBI is taking us back to imperial president.Let us keep this America copy cat.Having MPs as Minister's violate seperation of power and politics civil service. The few minor changes like overhauling ndengwa commission on civil service are great.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2019, 05:15:36 AM »
I hope it dies away quietly like Arturs report. Parliamentary is about accountability - where EXEC PM reports to MPs.  This hybrid mongrel is useless. In fact it shields both D/PORK from accountability - and pretend powerless PM runs GoK. At least pre-2010 only PORK was unaccoutable - and we knew he wasn't. Those useless wazee are a bad joke. I hope Ndii and other experts can pour cold water on it. Or run to court and stop it.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2019, 08:26:34 AM »
The problem I see is Raila accepting anything -aka desperation - and what we essentially ended up is pre-2010 constitution with NARA. PM is just a renamed Duale - Leader of Majority - now we will have a leader of Majority with PM? and all the patchwork.

The current constitution is okay. It has worked for the Americans for 200yrs plus. What needs to happen is independent institution to guard their independence and for a real seperation of power.Right now the weakest link is the police handing over their independence to PORK & Interior ministry.Then we never really got rid of prov administration.

Anyway I think we should keep the current constitution and work towards federalism.

I hope it dies away quietly like Arturs report. Parliamentary is about accountability - where EXEC PM reports to MPs.  This hybrid mongrel is useless. In fact it shields both D/PORK from accountability - and pretend powerless PM runs GoK. At least pre-2010 only PORK was unaccoutable - and we knew he wasn't. Those useless wazee are a bad joke. I hope Ndii and other experts can pour cold water on it. Or run to court and stop it.