Author Topic: Sonko vs Sakaja  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Sonko vs Sakaja
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2019, 03:56:27 PM »
Uhuru is blackmailing Sonko to support BBI. It will backfire badly once BBI is rejected by all and sundry

Maybe - but I see it more as Pundit's take of EACC asserting its independence. If it was Uhuru DCI would be handling it. Sonko is also too smart and selfish to hang for Ruto.

"All and sundry" will not reject BBI - majority are already supporting it. It has trouble in Kikuyu and Kalenjin. Other tribes are pushing their own interests and don't need to be blackmailed.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2019, 04:19:07 PM »

Maybe - but I see it more as Pundit's take of EACC asserting its independence. If it was Uhuru DCI would be handling it. Sonko is also too smart and selfish to hang for Ruto.

"All and sundry" will not reject BBI - majority are already supporting it. It has trouble in Kikuyu and Kalenjin. Other tribes are pushing their own interests and don't need to be blackmailed.

Why are people supporting or against a document they have not read?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2019, 05:37:39 PM »

Why are people supporting or against a document they have not read?

Hehe - that's the thing. Political self interest. Personally I expect and prefer Lancaster- style pure parliamentary system and more devolution. There are signlals but still just conjecture.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527