Author Topic: Sonko vs Sakaja  (Read 4713 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Sonko vs Sakaja
« on: November 22, 2019, 03:17:14 AM »
Pundit is this about 2022 - Sakaja to challenge Sonko for governor? He wants city books audited to the bone. Seems he has the MPs while Sonko has the MCAs.

City MPs accuse Mike Sonko of running down Nairobi
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Sakaja-criticises-Sonko-/3126390-5357378-6vgwrjz/index.html
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Sonko vs Sakaja
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 08:03:40 AM »
Sakaja squad seems strangely bipartisan

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 09:02:29 AM »
I think Simba Arati also want in as the next governor.Kidero might turn up with millions n buy odm ticket.Sonko may not get Jubilee ticket. Nairobi is wide open in 2022.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 10:40:36 AM »
Simba Arati is another Sonko and will go nowhere. Kidero is not go zone. Sonko's biggest headache will be Sakaja. No GEMA candidate will make an impact. They have tried and failed miserably.

I think Simba Arati also want in as the next governor.Kidero might turn up with millions n buy odm ticket.Sonko may not get Jubilee ticket. Nairobi is wide open in 2022.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 11:17:06 AM »
Like of MaDVD or Kalonzo without any snowball chance of making PORK should aim for Nairobi but they are not very smart.
Simba Arati is another Sonko and will go nowhere. Kidero is not go zone. Sonko's biggest headache will be Sakaja. No GEMA candidate will make an impact. They have tried and failed miserably.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 12:18:57 PM »
Good idea. Nairobi governor would be a good showcase for a presidential candidate. Our guys are too impatient forgetting 5 years is a short time in a political lifespan.
Had Peter Kenneth run and won the governorship of Nairobi in 2013 and done a good job, he would today be the Mt Kenya kingpin even to the extent of pushing Uhuru to political oblivion. Now PK plays no role in the future of Mt Kenya with the likes of Moses Kuria and Kiunjuri calling the shots.

Like of MaDVD or Kalonzo without any snowball chance of making PORK should aim for Nairobi but they are not very smart.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 01:24:25 PM »
Precisely - why would you settle for something like leader of majority in senate - like Wetangula - instead of demanding Nairobi governorship
Good idea. Nairobi governor would be a good showcase for a presidential candidate. Our guys are too impatient forgetting 5 years is a short time in a political lifespan.
Had Peter Kenneth run and won the governorship of Nairobi in 2013 and done a good job, he would today be the Mt Kenya kingpin even to the extent of pushing Uhuru to political oblivion. Now PK plays no role in the future of Mt Kenya with the likes of Moses Kuria and Kiunjuri calling the shots.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
Governorship would only expose their incompetence. And the embarrassment of defeat would be irredeemable.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 04:32:57 PM »
Governor is a hard job and needs dedication. Has someone like Weta ever worked in his life?

Governorship would only expose their incompetence. And the embarrassment of defeat would be irredeemable.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 06:51:06 PM »
Exactly. Rectangular I doubt can win Bungoma governor let alone Nairobi. His Kibra man got 200 votes.

Governor is a hard job and needs dedication. Has someone like Weta ever worked in his life?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 01:37:01 PM »
I thought lawyers work - or you mean only engineers really get dirty.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »
Looking at those Census figures Sonko is on top. He has concentrated his road construction in the Eastlands where the tyrany of numbers for Nairobi. Just like most human beings am sure the pressure will make him more efficient unless Elachi is declared governor.

As much as I want the scum to fall, docile CoG needs to challenge that waititu and have finality on it and whether it can apply to the presidency. This CoG is a joke being threateaned by Yattani like fools. Seems Nanok had some balls.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 09:52:45 PM »
Looking at those Census figures Sonko is on top. He has concentrated his road construction in the Eastlands where the tyrany of numbers for Nairobi. Just like most human beings am sure the pressure will make him more efficient unless Elachi is declared governor.

As much as I want the scum to fall, docile CoG needs to challenge that waititu and have finality on it and whether it can apply to the presidency. This CoG is a joke being threateaned by Yattani like fools. Seems Nanok had some balls.

The president enjoys immunity while in office - clause 143 - so he can't be suspended. DPORK on the other hand can be charged and suspended by a magistrate. :)

If Sonko is suspended by court - with no deputy - Elachi would act. There would be no elections since it is a mere suspension not a removal. Clause 182.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 12:40:34 AM »
Sonko times is up. Kibicho should finish him pronto.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 10:18:01 AM »
When was the last time Weta was in court as a lawyer?
Most of these guys will shy away from governorship as there one has to show some results.

I thought lawyers work - or you mean only engineers really get dirty.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2019, 11:36:25 AM »
He was a minister - and Governors don't do any work - Sonko is on parte after parte - so is Uhuru. You appoint cabinet and they work.
When was the last time Weta was in court as a lawyer?
Most of these guys will shy away from governorship as there one has to show some results.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »
What was that when screwball alikaa kwa bao Hague having left Ruto in control? How does that work legally?

It would be interesting to see how many days Elachi would last as governor? The alley cat may seem cornered but it must some have some garbage cans to jump into.

The president enjoys immunity while in office - clause 143 - so he can't be suspended. DPORK on the other hand can be charged and suspended by a magistrate. :)

If Sonko is suspended by court - with no deputy - Elachi would act. There would be no elections since it is a mere suspension not a removal. Clause 182.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2019, 03:09:59 PM »
Uhuru is blackmailing Sonko to support BBI. It will backfire badly once BBI is rejected by all and sundry
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2019, 03:46:12 PM »
Clause 143 only shields PORK from local courts - not ICC or international courts. This was meant to discourage warlords from clinging to power.

Someone with power has shielded hapless Elachi from second impeachment - on her own she is hopeless against Sonko. She is not even a danger to him - it is thus in his interest that she remains as speaker. Haji and Kinoti are Uhuru hounds - Sonko case going nowhere so long as he supports BBI. War on graft is not genuine it's purely politics. Waititu case will also go slow provided he drums up BBI in Mt Kenya. Old Kanu tactics.

What was that when screwball alikaa kwa bao Hague having left Ruto in control? How does that work legally?

It would be interesting to see how many days Elachi would last as governor? The alley cat may seem cornered but it must some have some garbage cans to jump into.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2019, 03:51:12 PM »
gout

Protection from legal proceedings.

143. (1) Criminal proceedings shall not be instituted or continued
in any court against the President or a person performing the functions
of that office, during their tenure of office.

(2) Civil proceedings shall not be instituted in any court against
the President or the person performing the functions of that office
during their tenure of office in respect of anything done or not done in
the exercise of their powers under this Constitution.

(3) Where provision is made in law limiting the time within which
proceedings under clause (1) or (2) may be brought against a person,
a period of time during which the person holds or performs the
functions of the office of the President shall not be taken into account
in calculating the period of time prescribed by that law.

(4) The immunity of the President under this Article shall not
extend to a crime for which the President may be prosecuted under
any treaty to which Kenya is party and which prohibits such immunity.