Author Topic: Treasury in a desperate move raids parastatals  (Read 16159 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Re: Treasury in a desperate move raids parastatals
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2019, 08:33:28 PM »
Those Kamaminomics are just Ndiism. All those agric sectors that have gone bust - sugarcane, coffee,maize - are not caused by lack of intra-country roads. Subsistence farmers can hardly make ends meet due to the dwindling arable land. So most abandon that loss business and move to town to run kiosks. Agric cannot grow the economy - just like manufacturing - because there will be no more coffee booms. The flashy hitec stuff - the present you call futuristic - is the current opportunity.

But it's okay to worry about basics - like that's new - if your small mind cannot think beyond that. You can argue the reverse - how do my big ideas stop you from thinking basics? Your small mind keeps you there - not me. No, there is no economic crisis that will stop GoK from dealing with "basics". Cause you are plain wrong on that as the hinderance to growth.
You talking to people about the size of minds is comedy. 8) Ndii is being proven right every day as we watch while you try to sell us pie-in-the-sky ideas that are grinding into a ditch mchana. Ajabu.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2019, 08:36:19 PM »
Gov job is easy.Its defined in the constitution.Gov Only fails when it tries to do what it's not supposed to do like fighting poverty or deciding btw which ideas is the best.Counties have 17 well defined functions and national gov has 43.If public sector understood their job they will not get into Ndii or Bitange kind of debate where economists tries to make it look like gov job is to grow the economy by doing XYZ.Gov job is mundane.Collect tax, build or fix roads.Counties job is to collect rates and clear garbage.Once both level of govs have delivered on their mandate...provided security, roads, electricity, water, sewage & garbage collections,  education, health and law & order to satisfactory level..the private sector will fix the rest.Gov officials do not need be genius on matters economic or tech or agriculture..the dumber the better because their job is brain dead by design...they just need to deliver safe environment with basic amenities every day...hiyo zingine will sort itself.Gov should never get into arguments whether railway is better than spending in agriculture to lift people from poverty.That is not gov job.Giv job is to provide roads,rails, police and the bare bones...I will only berate the gov for failing to provide me paved road or collect garbage..and do not expect them to provide me a job or a livelihood or grow the economy.That is my role..to provide for myself and my family.The debate should be why do we have murram roads in Kenya? Why do we have only 15% of our roads paved...not people don't have money or are starving

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2019, 08:53:30 PM »
I raised intelligence once and bitmask called for my lynching.

:lol:.  I once thought that way too.  But there are equally "stupid" people in the West.  I think African talent and labor is either underutilized or wrongly deployed.

We have been in the baby booming phase. Before that we were illiterate or enslaved. Now with a stable headcount and literacy - it's about take-off. I call this demographic dividend - I heard you were looking for a suitable term?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2019, 08:57:18 PM »
You talking to people about the size of minds is comedy. 8) Ndii is being proven right every day as we watch while you try to sell us pie-in-the-sky ideas that are grinding into a ditch mchana. Ajabu.

Kadame and your pea brain. Ndii runs which company again? Dude could not debate Ndemo for a week before resorting to insults. If am not wrong I heard you were studying advanced theology in Europe. Could be the problem. Religion is the forfeiture of logic.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2019, 09:03:52 PM »

Kadame and your pea brain. Ndii runs which company again? Dude could not debate Ndemo for a week before resorting to insults. If am not wrong I heard you were studying advanced theology in Europe. Could be the problem. Religion is the forfeiture of logic.

At least I have one (a brain) ;) A tip: Say nothing abt insults while busy issuing them yourself or you just look even dumber. A second tip? Countries are not companies. Smh. Maybe you should acquire religion. Its better than nothing.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2019, 09:14:04 PM »
At least I have one (a brain) ;) A tip: Say nothing abt insults while busy issuing them yourself or you just look even dumber. A second tip? Countries are not companies. Smh. Maybe you should acquire religion. Its better than nothing.

I guess you are just a bimbo. What useful idea have you ever tabled here. Maybe on some thread about religion. It's not an insult if it's true.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2019, 09:22:06 PM »

:lol: .  I once thought that way too.  But there are equally "stupid" people in the West.  I think African talent and labor is either underutilized or wrongly deployed.

We have been in the baby booming phase. Before that we were illiterate or enslaved. Now with a stable headcount and literacy - it's about take-off. I call this demographic dividend - I heard you were looking for a suitable term?

Demographic dividend does refer to economic structure.  But in a different way from what I am describing.  I am more concerned with why a plumber in the US does better than say the same in Nairobi.  Even if the guy in Nairobi demonstrably moves more shit.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2019, 09:24:29 PM »
Demographic divided only happens if there are jobs for the extra labour.its not happening in Africa like it didn't happen in latin America.

• Enigma
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2019, 09:26:43 PM »
Demographic divided only happens if there are jobs for the extra labour.its not happening in Africa like it didn't happen in latin America.

That too.  There is some benefit, but not enough to account for the lack of jobs.  Almost a similar issue with having a lot of highly educated, informed and smart but unemployed people.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2019, 09:30:58 PM »

That too.  There is some benefit, but not enough to account for the lack of jobs.  Almost a similar issue with having a lot of highly educated, informed and smart but unemployed people.
The only benefit is unstable govs and all the  ills of youth bulge without jobs. South Asia pulled it out through..

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2019, 09:31:19 PM »

I guess you are just a bimbo. What useful idea have you ever tabled here. Maybe on some thread about religion. It's not an insult if it's true.

Name your own fantastic ideas first, princess. :D Is it your, "We dont need roads, they exist in Turkana already" genius? There's a reason it's so easy 4 pple here to dismiss you to return to your gadgets all the time.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2019, 09:35:00 PM »

:lol: .  I once thought that way too.  But there are equally "stupid" people in the West.  I think African talent and labor is either underutilized or wrongly deployed.

Demographic dividend does refer to economic structure.  But in a different way from what I am describing.  I am more concerned with why a plumber in the US does better than say the same in Nairobi.  Even if the guy in Nairobi demonstrably moves more shit.

The American has a better environment. Richer market, fewer mouths to feed, few extortionists, etc. Psychologically the environment does rub off too. In Silicon Valley there is alot of young men motivated to take high risk by the visible success around them.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2019, 09:39:40 PM »
http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=7683.0

I disagree with ur assessment of Robina. She's actually super smart! She's just also the super practical type. To her a fuss over a picture on a currency is kinda silly, especially given we have old presidents on many currencies and the argument she's making *IS* indeed being made by the GOK lawyers. Our Robina is interested in bread n butter issues. These ones seem like emotional or trivial things. I disagree of course, but it's not the stance of a silly person.

Oops. :) :) If I cared at all I would search for the thread on Rich Dawkins or Catholic history where your "brilliance" really shone through.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2019, 09:45:08 PM »

I disagree with ur assessment of Robina. She's actually super smart! She's just also the super practical type. To her a fuss over a picture on a currency is kinda silly, especially given we have old presidents on many currencies and the argument she's making *IS* indeed being made by the GOK lawyers. Our Robina is interested in bread n butter issues. These ones seem like emotional or trivial things. I disagree of course, but it's not the stance of a silly person.

Oops. :) :) If I cared at all I would search for the thread on Rich Dawkins or Catholic history where your "brilliance" really shone through.
I was cushioning you from Pundits one-two punches, like a good sister. You needed it, dear. :D Glad though, that my praises matter so much you have them at your fingertips, tho.

• Enigma
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2019, 09:49:09 PM »

The American has a better environment. Richer market, fewer mouths to feed, few extortionists, etc. Psychologically the environment does rub off too. In Silicon Valley there is alot of young men motivated to take high risk by the visible success around them.

So it seems like it has more to do with the environment than intelligence.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2019, 09:53:48 PM »
Robina, Dear Mami,

I am sure there are reasons why you are in this little tiff.  But it's not a good look on folks when you get personal over stuff that is not taking away your lunch.  You are both interesting and intelligent contributors that I enjoy reading from.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2019, 10:07:01 PM »

I was cushioning you from Pundits one-two punches, like a good sister. You needed it, dear. :D Glad though, that my praises matter so much you have them at your fingertips, tho.

Right. And today you are a bad sister. If you meant nothing then I see no difference today.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2019, 10:09:00 PM »

So it seems like it has more to do with the environment than intelligence.

They are not mutually exclusive. I think Pundit is right on work ethic. But I agree the environment carries more weight.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2019, 10:10:59 PM »
Right. And today you are a bad sister. If you meant nothing I see no difference today.

I'm always a good sister, especially today; look at how fast you dove into cheap shots (my religion, lol, pathetic), I just changed tactics: some days you give candy, some a well-earned slap. 8)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2019, 10:18:54 PM »
Right. And today you are a bad sister. If you meant nothing I see no difference today.

I'm always a good sister, especially today; look at how fast you dove into cheap shots (my religion, lol, pathetic), I just changed tactics: some days you give candy, some a well-earned slap. 8)

Well you seem to be quite snide over my "gadgets" and whatnot for a good sister. They do mint dough. About the personal am being kind - someone else thinks you are just a Nyaboke from Keroka. Nothing wrong with that.