Author Topic: Treasury in a desperate move raids parastatals  (Read 16004 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Treasury in a desperate move raids parastatals
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2019, 10:24:58 PM »
Robina, Dear Mami,

I am sure there are reasons why you are in this little tiff.  But it's not a good look on folks when you get personal over stuff that is not taking away your lunch.  You are both interesting and intelligent contributors that I enjoy reading from.

Huyu mama amenizoea. :) Sorry you are a witness.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2019, 10:51:20 PM »
Right. And today you are a bad sister. If you meant nothing I see no difference today.

I'm always a good sister, especially today; look at how fast you dove into cheap shots (my religion, lol, pathetic), I just changed tactics: some days you give candy, some a well-earned slap. 8)

Well you seem to be quite snide over my "gadgets" and whatnot for a good sister. They do mint dough. About the personal am being kind - someone else thinks you are just a Nyaboke from Keroka. Nothing wrong with that.
Ati kind  :) You've pulled all stoppers like a screaming market woman. Pulled that praise quote thinking it'd be check-mate, lmao. :D You are also some girl from a tribe in Kenya; what a dumb move for an African to pull, lol. Your silliness knows no bounds. And if I'm a mama, what are you? :D Again...the boundlessness of silliness.

I have no beef with your gadgets: more inability to read. I simply reminded you how easy some find it to dismiss you to them. Play with your gizmos all you want. And I'm not impressed with, "I make money" crap. Srsly, know your audience, fellow mama.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2019, 11:37:14 PM »
Right. And today you are a bad sister. If you meant nothing I see no difference today.

I'm always a good sister, especially today; look at how fast you dove into cheap shots (my religion, lol, pathetic), I just changed tactics: some days you give candy, some a well-earned slap. 8)

Well you seem to be quite snide over my "gadgets" and whatnot for a good sister. They do mint dough. About the personal am being kind - someone else thinks you are just a Nyaboke from Keroka. Nothing wrong with that.
Ati kind  :) You've pulled all stoppers like a screaming market woman. Pulled that praise quote thinking it'd be check-mate, lmao. :D You are also some girl from a tribe in Kenya; what a dumb move for an African to pull, lol. Your silliness knows no bounds. And if I'm a mama, what are you? :D Again...the boundlessness of silliness.

I have no beef with your gadgets: more inability to read. I simply reminded you how easy some find it to dismiss you to them. Play with your gizmos all you want. And I'm not impressed with, "I make money" crap. Srsly, know your audience, fellow mama.

Hey "sister" - I meant it as a compliment. Cause you got nothing on the average Nyaboke. Don't try to evaluate my ideas - they are above your pay grade. I am glad you have Jesus or is it the Virgin. Imagine your vile self without the faith to keep you in check.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2019, 11:42:51 PM »
Don't try to evaluate my ideas - they are above your pay grade.

Girl, I suspected u were funny, but this is straight-up comedic genius. :) There are things I genuinely admire in you: ideas are not among them.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2019, 02:06:01 AM »

Girl, I suspected u were funny, but this is straight-up comedic genius. :) There are things I genuinely admire in you: ideas are not among them.

That's what I mean by above your paygrade. Anyway catch you later Nyaboke. You're almost admirable.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2019, 04:10:37 AM »

That's what I mean by above your paygrade. Anyway catch you later Nyaboke. You're almost admirable.
Almost? :D Aww shucks, you not going soft on me, are you? Later mama Robina.:wave:

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2019, 05:26:37 PM »
I see this took a turn.

Anyway back on task.

Robina
Where did you grow up? Urban Kenya or rural Kenya?

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2019, 05:29:40 PM »
Even a 15 year old knows that you need to solve fundamental society problems to make society work

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What were you doing at 15? Berhane Wheeler from Namibia is here at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Slush19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Slush19</a> in Finland pitching his startup like a boss! <a href="https://t.co/FatX4wmHZd">pic.twitter.com/FatX4wmHZd</a></p>&mdash; Larry Madowo (@LarryMadowo) <a href="?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2019, 03:05:00 PM »
Did I miss the train; .org was to avoid personal insults at .com.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »
I see this took a turn.

Anyway back on task.

Robina

Mostly Karen and Kiuna until high school. How does that matter? We don't need to be shackled by circumstance. Even if I was pursuing advanced Bible Studies at the Vatican I would not be embarrassed. :)

That explains your perspective on development. I grew up in rural Kenya and my exprience there has largely shaped my thinking. In your area you would be hard pressed fo fund 30 per cent of people in your generation that drop9ped off in primary or secondary. You haven't seen rural poverty up close and personal. You haven't seen agriculture success transform people from poor to middle class or you havent sesn govt had policy affect so many farmer ruining their livehoods. So we are children of two worlds.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2019, 05:47:47 PM »
I see this took a turn.

Anyway back on task.

Robina

Mostly Karen and Kyuna until high school. How does that matter? We don't need to be shackled by circumstance. Even if I was pursuing advanced Bible Studies at the Vatican I would not be embarrassed. :)

That explains your perspective on development. I grew up in rural Kenya and my exprience there has largely shaped my thinking. In your area you would be hard pressed fo fund 30 per cent of people in your generation that drop9ped off in primary or secondary. You haven't seen rural poverty up close and personal. You haven't seen agriculture success transform people from poor to middle class or you havent sesn govt had policy affect so many farmer ruining their livehoods. So we are children of two worlds.

Your perspective - on my perspective :) - shows it's possible to understand without experiencing first-hand. I have been up in Korogocho and Mathare on charity holiday. And dirt-poor Haiti. But around 2008 - straight after high school - I discovered in shock there were slums all over Nairobi. It's like I had a blindspot. I had only heard of Kibera. I guess the media we consume really shapes our world.

No, I don't need to live in a slum or Syria to know the suffering. Kenya has been battling poverty, disease and illiteracy since 1963 - BASICS - and is still at it. It goes without saying that people need food and medical and security before they focus on school or business. That acknowledgement does not stop us from thinking big and debating the best approach to provide the food. My view is that the private sector has been more inept than GoK in playing their part. But that does not mean GoK should forsake them or neglect the economy. Because workers and business create the taxes to pay for the GoK "social" services. It's a chicken and egg reality.

So while chastising Safaricom to do better - I think GoK must focus on the public investment with the best return - $$$ - because those taxes go directly into Nanok's water and food kitty. Just devolve 40% and focus on targeted investments. The fruits will trickle to the needy via devolution.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2019, 05:49:35 PM »
Did I miss the train; .org was to avoid personal insults at .com.

Harmless spats. kid gloves

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2019, 01:33:49 PM »
The directive just like economic collapse in capitalism has some good tidings like death of parallel programmes. Well in this case the surplus in the universities were mainly from this programs so investment arms of teh universities will also die a natural death - clearly no quick fix to the economic mess.
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001350624/death-of-parallel-programmes-as-reality-hits-universities
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution