Author Topic: Ngeno - If Uhuru want to extend power - we will fight to the grave  (Read 4577 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I couldn't agree more. Uhuru or Mt kenya are in fix without any clear successor. Any attempt to extend Uhuru term is as good as declaring a civil war.

https://www.facebook.com/AmosSaningoRolex/videos/1593899707426595/?t=132

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Ngeno - If Uhuru want to extend power - we will fight to the grave
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 01:09:55 PM »
No need to declare war on Uhuru. He cannot even sell that idea in his background. Who wants another 10 years of Uhuru with his disastrous economic record?

I couldn't agree more. Uhuru or Mt kenya are in fix without any clear successor. Any attempt to extend Uhuru term is as good as declaring a civil war.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
Even if he was an angel - we need term limits as one of our key foundation for democracy - that we need to draw a red-line.
No need to declare war on Uhuru. He cannot even sell that idea in his background. Who wants another 10 years of Uhuru with his disastrous economic record?

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 01:40:01 PM »
Ngeno is just a loud mouth and a reckless politician. He is smarting after mau eviction. If they could not block mau eviction how will they block Uhuru from becoming PM? Once BBI sail through, referendum ..uhuru PM seat is secure. Please let us complete the journey with Uhuru.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 01:52:50 PM »
Which journey? To amargeddon? Let Uhuru have his rest after partying in SH for the last 7 years. He can go and continuing partying in Gatundu but please nowhere near any executive post in Kenya.

Ngeno is just a loud mouth and a reckless politician. He is smarting after mau eviction. If they could not block mau eviction how will they block Uhuru from becoming PM? Once BBI sail through, referendum ..uhuru PM seat is secure. Please let us complete the journey with Uhuru.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 01:58:00 PM »
I had rather we vote Abduba Dida in than Uhuru. We cannot allow term limits to be messed up with. That is redline back to dictatorship. Look at Uganda...36yrs later...and Museveni just about got started. Once you allow someone to entrench themselves..it's become harder and harder to remove him....even when he is 95 yr old cabbage like Mugabe.
Which journey? To amargeddon? Let Uhuru have his rest after partying in SH for the last 7 years. He can go and continuing partying in Gatundu but please nowhere near any executive post in Kenya.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 02:36:16 PM »
Very correct. Only problem with Abduba Dida is we will have 3 first ladies to fund and in the end of his first tenure they will be 7 in total.

I had rather we vote Abduba Dida in than Uhuru. We cannot allow term limits to be messed up with. That is redline back to dictatorship. Look at Uganda...36yrs later...and Museveni just about got started. Once you allow someone to entrench themselves..it's become harder and harder to remove him....even when he is 95 yr old cabbage like Mugabe.

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 04:10:19 PM »
.... It is not only "they" (Rv politicians) who want  Ouru gone like yesterday, the whole country is unanimous on this.

If that is what BBI is all about then i think every sane person should reject it in totality. Wacha tungoje wailete tuone.

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »
Pundit - seems you've given up on Uhurutopia and other myths. :)

Anyway patel is right - no stopping BBI - Raila has run a circle around his arch nemesis. Latching onto PEV 2 is desperation -  lots of wishful thinking - cause Ruto won't play that losing card. Ng'eno made some noises about Mau and fled to Dubai at the first rumor of trouble. Dude couldn't brave a night with fleas. The Atwolis, Kalonzos and Sonkos have been prepping the ground. And I hear Luo are happy with the arrangement to spite Ruto. The DP can't bring himself to speak freely against Uhuru. He is caged - how do you  "fight to the death" when you have the hostages as key allies? Any whiff of PEV 2 and Ruto would be the biggest loser.

Not happening. This scaremongering is going nowhere and parliamentary is the best model. Great samples are all over the planet. Ruto needs to line up his post- BBI coalition. He is more likely to capitulate to avoid losing it all. That's the best play he has. I thought he has more MP's than Uhuru so why is he whining?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 06:49:53 PM »
There is difference from when I wear my dispassionate punditry and when I personal express my feelings.
Uhuru has entertained the possibility of extending his term.

And to me personally would be the nuclear option.

Even if Ruto attempted to do the same.

We would part ways.

In any case BBI ikuje tuone - we have waited for far too long.

Anyway patel is right - no stopping BBI - Raila has run a circle around his arch nemesis. Latching onto PEV 2 is desperation -  lots of wishful thinking - cause Ruto won't play that losing card. Ng'eno made some noises about Mau and fled to Dubai at the first rumor of trouble. Dude couldn't brave a night with fleas. The Atwolis, Kalonzos and Sonkos have been prepping the ground. And I hear Luo are happy with the arrangement to spite Ruto. The DP can't bring himself to speak freely against Uhuru. He is caged - how do you  "fight to the death" when you have the hostages as key allies? Any whiff of PEV 2 and Ruto would be the biggest loser.

Not happening. This scaremongering is going nowhere and parliamentary is the best model. Great samples are all over the planet. Ruto needs to line up his post- BBI coalition. He is more likely to capitulate to avoid losing it all. That's the best play he has. I thought he has more MP's than Uhuru so why is he whining?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 07:38:39 PM »
Parliamentary is a competitive and accountable system. You said yourself how lazy Uhuru cannot survive. The Leader of the Majority party or coalition could be anyone - including Raila, Ruto or Kiunjuri. You can scaremonger to thwart BBI but I don't see it working. Noone outside Kalenjin and Kikuyu can tell the difference between Uhuru and Ruto - same old tribal duopoly. Raila is sacrificing to ensure a fairer, more accountable government and that is a solid argument. Ruto needs to do the same. 

There is difference from when I wear my dispassionate punditry and when I personal express my feelings.

We would part ways.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 07:45:00 PM »
Ruto should coil his tail and join the parliamentary system bandwagon even if it means singing praises of Duale for seeing the light on his behalf. It would be a very good strategy because in a parliamentary system, if he is as strong as Pundit wants us to believe, it can be possible to impeach Uhuru as PM from the benches while praising Jubilee from the other side of his mouth. If you can reach him, help him to stop wagging his tail.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 08:36:04 PM »
Ruto should coil his tail and join the parliamentary system bandwagon even if it means singing praises of Duale for seeing the light on his behalf. It would be a very good strategy because in a parliamentary system, if he is as strong as Pundit wants us to believe, it can be possible to impeach Uhuru as PM from the benches while praising Jubilee from the other side of his mouth. If you can reach him, help him to stop wagging his tail.

Ruto's trouble is Raila's willingness to retire as ceremonial president. Ruto did the same in 2012 and cannot pretend to be righteous. He may have to settle for Kiongozi wa Upinzani - hold GoK accountable in the new robust system - and try his luck in future.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 08:42:03 PM »
William Ruto would make a fabulous Opposition Leader. He is as hyperactive as Raila in his heyday. Great energy. Articulate. But he is hare-brained, polarizing, corrupt and not a good CEO.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 09:29:57 PM »
William Ruto would make a fabulous Opposition Leader. He is as hyperactive as Raila in his heyday. Great energy. Articulate. But he is hare-brained, polarizing, corrupt and not a good CEO.

Greatest asset as op leader is that he would know where the loopholes are. He would also be seeking to settle scores.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 10:04:54 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 12:44:29 AM »

I don't agree.  But there are some fun facts that the hustler and his people are learning.  That is funny.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 04:51:11 AM »

Blinkers are involuntary. :) Moses Kuria can't inherit Gema as he is from Gatundu. But the country is still ripe for more of the tribal duopoly.

Offline Wa Njambi

• Mega superstar
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 06:56:07 AM »
I am with Pundit on this one! Drawing the Red line on Term Limits on anyone. Even if BBI is comprehensive on other issues, they'd better not piggyback "Term Extension" on BBI in any sort or form...M7 Style or Vladimir Style. We know that demon and we must reject it in no uncertain terms. We shouldn't even be having this discussion. 

We would part ways.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 07:04:34 AM »
Being "co-president" is not same as being co-president. Uhuru is not eligible for any executive role post 2022. That would violate the spirit of the constitution.