Author Topic: Uhuru to meet Mt Kenya leaders at Sagan tomorrow  (Read 12303 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Uhuru to meet Mt Kenya leaders at Sagan tomorrow
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »
I don't see how Ruto will run circles when Raila & Uhuru control the process. He hasn't managed to stop it so far despite all rallies and noises. I read that most BBI staff - clerks, bodyguards, tea girls - were NIS. That make me see Uhuru hand in it. Now Raila and crew will do the legwork of drumming support, signatures, etc - with interior CCs & chiefs logistical help. County assemblies will be easy going by the huge backing outside RV and Mt Kenya. I think even Kiambu will pass it. Kalonzo is watermelon as expected - while Mutua and Ngilu back BBI. Referendum whistle is when crunch time start ticking of course - but the camps are nearly formed.

We'll see. Uhuru of course can forget Big 4 or legacy - cause he is not retiring.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 03:56:40 PM by Robina »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2019, 02:47:57 PM »
Screwball is setting up very volatile  environment - politics, judiciary, economy - it will be interesting to see him weeping once these games are played on/blow out on him personally despite his skin deep insulation. As Pundit would say, it will be MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction and seems we are turning that corner with mixed signals from the EACC and DCI. The unleashed dogs are biting wildly. For now it is a waiting game.

ichungwas, kuria, nyoro, wahome are becoming bolder, heck, signs of times show they know better  - I bet it wont be long before some shitty bar talk leak of them sticking the middle finger to uhuru.

Pundit & gout - I didn't notice this jambazi had surrendered to Kibicho & Jezebel. He literally call for Uhuru 2.0. Seem mere Ichung'wa and Kuria are Ruto holdouts in Kiambu

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2019, 04:04:55 PM »
Yes Uhuru the day he declares he will run again will understand what MAD.Mt Kenya themselves will kick him out before he get there.The lesson from Moi when he suddenly embrace GEMA and backed Uhuru leading to KANu revolt is poignant.Moi had built a non GEMA alliance and then turned 360..he was left alone.In jubilee Raila is hated..and to support him is 360...a betrayal that Uhuru will find his state powers unable to control.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2019, 04:10:20 PM »
The trouble with banking on Wahome or Nyoro is that Kikuyu and Kalenjin are not enough to block BBI. Yet Uhuru has been slicing a few Waigurus, Waititus here and there. Ruto seems to have only MPs in Mt Kenya. The governors and senators are neutral or too scared to back him. Only Kihika or small boy Prof Kindiki back Ruto. Even loud-mouth Muthomi Njuki went mute... and emerged the other day to back BBI.

MAD is a horizon that will never come. The Ichung'was and Nyoros have done their worst - calling Uhuru names - the worst president, etc. Nyoro shouts everywhere that Kibaki is the best president in history :) BBI has been the big redline we have now reached - let us see what happens on/after Tuesday. The grapevine is Ruto will surrender - with barely firing a shot back.

Screwball is setting up very volatile  environment - politics, judiciary, economy - it will be interesting to see him weeping once these games are played on/blow out on him personally despite his skin deep insulation. As Pundit would say, it will be MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction and seems we are turning that corner with mixed signals from the EACC and DCI. The unleashed dogs are biting wildly. For now it is a waiting game.

ichungwas, kuria, nyoro, wahome are becoming bolder, heck, signs of times show they know better  - I bet it wont be long before some shitty bar talk leak of them sticking the middle finger to uhuru.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2019, 04:11:17 PM »
Here's former fierce Ruto dog Muthomi backing BBI  :) i think Uhuru 2.0 is the turning point for most Gema. The tide is not favorable to Ruto.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2019, 04:53:18 PM »
BBI is here... wasn't that the redline? Atwoli, Sonko, Kalonzo, Waititu, Simba Aratis and entire ODM crew - have all openly backed Uhuru 2.0. Does it get clearer? You want him to climb on podium and announce.

It's UHURU 2.0 - as Raila settle for ceremonial PORK. Kikuyu will come around one by one... as it become imminent. Non-Gema will easily buy into "inclusion" - which make sense cause 60 years of Kikuyu-Kalenjin - now you come up with fresh Ruto-Kiunjuri 20yr lineup :o  how do you sell that? Once BBI pass - Gema will fall in line - and Raila will need to sell Uhuru in non-Gema. I think clinging to Mt Kenya is waste of time for Ruto.

Yes Uhuru the day he declares he will run again will understand what MAD.Mt Kenya themselves will kick him out before he get there.The lesson from Moi when he suddenly embrace GEMA and backed Uhuru leading to KANu revolt is poignant.Moi had built a non GEMA alliance and then turned 360..he was left alone.In jubilee Raila is hated..and to support him is 360...a betrayal that Uhuru will find his state powers unable to control.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2019, 04:58:00 PM »
Pundit what's up with KJ?  this is not good

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2019, 05:07:07 PM »
Deja vu or what? How screwball did a madimoni u turn in December 2012. Musalia guys were sure they were home and dry :D :D :D

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000084486/how-president-uhuru-kenyatta-fell-out-with-udf-leader-musalia-mudavadi

They say man keeps going back to history to choose the mistakes to repeat. we wait Tuesday to know if he will show up to threaten us to accept BBI.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2019, 05:50:13 PM »
At the height of this BBI is how to solve kikuyu tribalism problem. How do you solve it by legistlating a work around it. We have tried every legislative way from 25 percent to 50 plus 1 but nada

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2019, 06:32:55 PM »
BBI is here... wasn't that the redline? Atwoli, Sonko, Kalonzo, Waititu, Simba Aratis and entire ODM crew - have all openly backed Uhuru 2.0. Does it get clearer? You want him to climb on podium and announce.

It's UHURU 2.0 - as Raila settle for ceremonial PORK. Kikuyu will come around one by one... as it become imminent. Non-Gema will easily buy into "inclusion" - which make sense cause 60 years of Kikuyu-Kalenjin - now you come up with fresh Ruto-Kiunjuri 20yr lineup :o  how do you sell that? Once BBI pass - Gema will fall in line - and Raila will need to sell Uhuru in non-Gema. I think clinging to Mt Kenya is waste of time for Ruto.

Uhuru will be pushed by his people.They cannot risk killing jubilee for Raila.Just too huge a deficit of trust.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2019, 09:01:46 PM »

Uhuru will be pushed by his people.They cannot risk killing jubilee for Raila.Just too huge a deficit of trust.

Uhuru people are falling in line... one after the other. Notwithstanding that he doesn't even need them to pass BBI. End of day Uhuru vs Ruto - Exec PM contest - in Gema will be laughable.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2019, 09:05:20 PM »
At the height of this BBI is how to solve kikuyu tribalism problem. How do you solve it by legistlating a work around it. We have tried every legislative way from 25 percent to 50 plus 1 but nada

Kikuyu and Kalenjin tribalism. Parliamentary ends one-man-one-vote. MPs are not directly proportional to population. It's akin to the US electoral college where Clinton get 48% vs Trump 46% - yet Trump become president. By winning more states. States are MPs in parliamentary.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2019, 11:24:29 AM »
Why would a winning coalition like Kikuyu-kalenjin support it. Why would GEMA support a parliamentary system that disadvantage them. Why would Uhuru support something he won't get? Anyway let wait and see tomorrow - how the cookie crumble.
Kikuyu and Kalenjin tribalism. Parliamentary ends one-man-one-vote. MPs are not directly proportional to population. It's akin to the US electoral college where Clinton get 48% vs Trump 46% - yet Trump become president. By winning more states. States are MPs in parliamentary.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2019, 11:38:13 AM »

What makes you think kikuyus or kalenjins cannot convince small tribes to join them and exclude others. We have tried fo legislate around racism without any success. We even have 50 plus 1 and we had 25 percent to deny moi his minority rule. You cannot change heart and minds through laws. Even USA you have seen white elect a pig like trump to despise minorities

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2019, 11:55:37 AM »
Ruto has no confidencs of Brentwood. China has crumbled and the West may finally have enough balls to wreck China politically. I think Xi has overplayed his draconian hand and may lose a significant legitimacy due to current concentration camps

https://www.theelephant.info/op-eds/2018/05/26/one-week-in-march-the-political-economy-of-sovereignty/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2019, 05:58:49 PM »
Good questions

1) Kikuyu numbers are dwindling fast and in a few years they will be second or third. It's a lie that census was rigged or that parliamentary disadvantages them. They have a bunch of protected constituencies. There is a whole thread on this... Kalenjin are the biggest loser with their headcount accelerating.

2) Greedy Uhuru wants to extend Kenyatta dynasty. Moses Kuria needs to shift base from Gatundu South - square with Ichung'wa in Kabete. :) Tantrums and insults will not save him.

3) Gema are hardly united in this - Embu and Meru don't want more Kikuyu dominance. Ruto-Kiunjuri is a non-starter for them. That makes them lukewarm as you see Kiraitu is least bothered. It's better Uhuru 2.0 which neutralize Kiunjuri and give them future chance. So majority Kikuyu and Kalenjin will oppose but lose to other tribes. Even Duale if he opposes will lose the argument. Why would anyone but Kikuyu and Kalenjin oppose parliamentary which ends 60 years of tyranny?

The call for Uhuru 2.0 is diluting Gema resistance. Cause the Ruto vs Raila narrative is fizzling. Already lots of them are joining the BBI bandwagon. Governors and senators are with Uhuru or neutral apart from few Kindiki and Kihika. For non-Gema & -Kalenjin there is no distinction btwn Uhuru-Ruto vs Ruto-Kiunjuri - same old tribal duopoly.

Why would a winning coalition like Kikuyu-kalenjin support it. Why would GEMA support a parliamentary system that disadvantage them. Why would Uhuru support something he won't get? Anyway let wait and see tomorrow - how the cookie crumble.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »

What makes you think kikuyus or kalenjins cannot convince small tribes to join them and exclude others. We have tried fo legislate around racism without any success. We even have 50 plus 1 and we had 25 percent to deny moi his minority rule. You cannot change heart and minds through laws. Even USA you have seen white elect a pig like trump to despise minorities

The point is to dilute tyranny of raw numbers. It will be meaningless to get 99% in Homabay or Kiambu. You need to have broad appeal to win parliamentary. Nothing stops Ruto or Kiunjuri from becoming PM. But Raila gets a fairer shot. That's inclusion.

Another good reason is accountability. Boris or Teresa sweats it out in parliament weekly - unlike Uhuru and Ruto and Matiang'i who never face any grilling. It is a very good idea to separate the ceremonial state from the daily executive. It's a widespread architecture for good reason.