Author Topic: Kadudu - Europe or Africa  (Read 5684 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Kadudu - Europe or Africa
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 04:52:10 PM »
Why are Bazungu having problems with work permits and the Chinese now even bringing in househelps and drivers from China? First information from teachers in international schools in Kenya which are now flooded by Chinese students.

My current job will require me to move to Kigali - Bazungu having problems in Kenya due to work permit - so our dept has been moved to Kigali. Now I have another job offer in Geneva.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 04:53:53 PM »
Chinese come to work for Gov or it's parastals as public sector contractors - they get carte blanche work permits. Most Wazungu work for Ngos and private sector - those have serious restrictions.
Why are Bazungu having problems with work permits and the Chinese now even bringing in househelps and drivers from China? First information from teachers in international schools in Kenya which are now flooded by Chinese students

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2019, 12:16:25 AM »
Not a chance they will double it immediately - but after six months they will review - but I don't imagine a big jump. Maybe if my wife finds something to do - even if it's waiting tables - or I don't know what - possible without speaking French. Anyway I think it's about time my balls got some freezing experience.
I would do Geneva and ask for double.  Kigali deal might be better on paper if you consider cost of living.  But Geneva offers a first world environment, schools, healthcare - living standards in general.  Kigali is run by a tyrant with a penchant for getting into tiffs with neighbors and you never know when shit will hit the fan.

Do what you gotta do.  A change of scenery can be good.  Good luck. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2019, 05:48:14 AM »
Ok, you picked Geneva. All the best. I'd still urge you to try and get an official residence permit from France once you get to Geneva, rather than live in France more than 3 months 'illegally'. Your salary might qualify you for an EU Blue Card or a regular residence French permit. The latter would be to live but not work in France which would be ok. The EU Blue card, if you can get it, would give you and your family the maximum freedom you can have to operate within the EU without being a citizen.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2019, 06:57:53 AM »
Ok, you picked Geneva. All the best. I'd still urge you to try and get an official residence permit from France once you get to Geneva, rather than live in France more than 3 months 'illegally'. Your salary might qualify you for an EU Blue Card or a regular residence French permit. The latter would be to live but not work in France which would be ok. The EU Blue card, if you can get it, would give you and your family the maximum freedom you can have to operate within the EU without being a citizen.
Thanks.I am told I should look for mukhisa kituyi. . hahaha

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 03:10:10 PM »

Dear Mami

Did you see the thread on Clarence Thomas? I had you in mind when i posted i know this is up your alley