Author Topic: Kenya's Turbocharged Economy.... Lying to Kenyans over the last 7yrs  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kenya's Turbocharged Economy.... Lying to Kenyans over the last 7yrs
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 02:07:12 PM »
I thought we finally had some empirical data - just the usual verbal diarrhea from a failed politician.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 02:33:18 PM »
I thought we finally had some empirical data - just the usual verbal diarrhea from a failed politician.

I cannot stand Moses Kuria but in which way is he a failed politician? The men is sitting in parliament even if he was selected and not elected.

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »
"Empirical data" is what you see, feel and touch everyday.... the Economy is flat on its back! It will take a miracle to revive it.

Through the GoK led/fueled infrastructure projects which came with conditions attached to source inputs from China including workers, we exported our jobs to China, the benefits never trickled to local man.

Meantime, GoK borrowing crowded out M/SMEs from the credit market. the problem with lack of credit to small business was never the interest rates capping; why would banks lent to you at 14% when they could comfortably lent to GoK at 10%?

Empirical adjective "...based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic..."

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 02:37:32 PM »
Also read this for good measure... The fellow is writing the truth on the state of affairs

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001348138/why-economy-is-hurting

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 07:01:56 PM »
Emperical versus ancedotal evidence.Be wary of a single story of an opportunistic upstart like kuria trying to seek relevance instead of doing the job Gatundu South gave him.