Author Topic: CENSUS 2019 - Kenyans are 47.3M people  (Read 11062 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: CENSUS 2019 - Kenyans are 47.3M people
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 01:45:46 PM »
Luos,
95% of Siaya (1m) =1
87% of Homabay (Abasuba makes 8%). (1.1)
60% of Migori (1.1m
89% of Kisumu (1.2)
16% of Nairobi (4.4m)
17% of Mombasa (1.2m)
Diaspora in Kakamega,Uasin Gishu, Nakuru,Kiambu,Kericho Kajiado & Machakos =0.7m

Total = 4.543M + Diaspora (0.7M)
         = Total 5.3m (11%) from around 4m

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 01:49:03 PM »
It appears Kalenjin might have overtaken Luhya to become the 2nd most popolous tribe in Kenya.

96%,Bomet,0.9m
95%,Westpokot,0.6m
93%,Elgeyo Marakwet,0.5m
88%,Kericho,0.9m
88%,Baringo,0.7m
37%,Nakuru,2.2m
77%,Nandi,0.9m
58%,Uasing Gishu,1.2m
35%,Narok,1.2m
30%,Tranzoia,1m
12%,Bungoma,1.7
Diaspora (Nairobi,Machakos,Kajiado& Mombasa) =0.5m    

Total =6.5m plus diaspora 0.5 = 7m.
       =7m (14.7%) - from 4.9m

That is an increase of 43% in 10 years. World record. :D :D :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »
Maybe my maths is wrong :) but anything 6.5m - 7M plus from my data seem plausible. Kalenjin have added roughly 1.5m-2m people from 2009. Luhyas have added roughly 1-1.2m. Luos have added 1-1.3m while Kikuyus have added 1.4-1.5m people - but we will find out the real figures when KNBS release them.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 01:58:20 PM »
Maybe my maths is wrong :) but anything 6.5m - 7M plus from my data seem plausible. Kalenjin have added roughly 2m people from 2009. Luhyas have added roughly 1.2m. Luos have added 1.3m while Kikuyus have added 1.4m people since.

Not maybe, your maths is wrong. An increase of more than 10% to 15% in 10 years is not normal. even the Luhyas known for their love of babies cannot achieve that task.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 02:01:39 PM »
There is nothing like 'Known' in dynamic data like demographics. In 2009 I think both Central and Western were very close - 3.4m - and now Central has overtaken Western by nearly a million votes. Admittedly most it going to Kiambu - that is sucking Nairobi excess population.

Eastern for long time use to be 2nd largest and populous - now Nyanza has overtaken them in population - as Meru, Embus and Kambas - see declining birth rate, and migration dynamics.

The dynamics of our tribal math.

If you must know in 1969 - Kalenjin were no 5 - with Kambasa No 4 - Luhyas no 3 - and Luos no 2

In 1989 - I think Kalenjin overtook Kambas to become no 4 - with Luhyas no 3 and Luos no 2 (or luhya also overtook Luos)

In 1999 - Tribal census was not released - but suspected Kalenjin had overtaken Luos.

In 2009 - It was Kambas - Luos - Kalenjin - Luhyas - Kikuyus.

My data seem to suggest - it now Kambas(?) - Luos(5.5m) - Luhyas(6.5M) - Kalenjin(7M) - Kikuyus(8M)

Not maybe, your maths is wrong. An increase of more than 10% to 15% in 10 years is not normal. even the Luhyas known for their love of babies cannot achieve that task.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2019, 04:36:36 PM »
Don't be silly - intersex is a gender same as male and female. Not gayism.  It is a useful demographic statistic to know for the state.

Robina is a heterosexual female.

1,500 intersexuals is oddly small. I expected 10K or such range.

That is an odd data point in such a conservative place though.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »
It appears Kalenjin might have overtaken Luhya to become the 2nd most popolous tribe in Kenya.

96%,Bomet,0.9m
95%,Westpokot,0.6m
93%,Elgeyo Marakwet,0.5m
88%,Kericho,0.9m
88%,Baringo,0.7m
37%,Nakuru,2.2m
77%,Nandi,0.9m
58%,Uasing Gishu,1.2m
35%,Narok,1.2m
30%,Tranzoia,1m
12%,Bungoma,1.7
Diaspora (Nairobi,Machakos,Kajiado& Mombasa) =0.5m     

Total =6.5m plus diaspora 0.5 = 7m.
       =7m (14.7%) - from 4.9m

That would be 3.6% per year though.  Which seems to be a typical number for countries in that region.  I am not sure why they kept tribal numbers secret.  If you collect the data, then you ought to share it.    Otherwise it might be used for wrong reasons.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 09:56:45 AM »
The national average is 2% - anyway I think my numbers are about solid - maybe the diaspora is a lot less than 0.5m ( I know Nairobi  in 2009 had like 150-200K kalenjins) - so maybe now that number is closer to 300k. Add a few in Kajiado,Machakos, Kiambu and Mombasa - so it plausible a diaspora of 500k - added to 6.5M in Kalenjin proper counties.

That would be 3.6% per year though.  Which seems to be a typical number for countries in that region.  I am not sure why they kept tribal numbers secret.  If you collect the data, then you ought to share it.    Otherwise it might be used for wrong reasons.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
The moral of the long story is Gema headcount is dwindling fast - which if they could see beyond their nose means they are economically ahead - leading the demographic turnaround. Gema will rip bigger than all tribes from the demographic dividend. Muthomi Njuki and Ephraim Maina nonsense about census rigging - is just that - who rigged? Kibaki or Uhuru? Kibicho controls the machinery so it just parochial fears of politicians who need tyranny to continue milking the till. The census is correct and accurate.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 01:33:58 PM »
The Mt Kenya politicians do not want to face reality. Dwindling numbers means elightened people. Who in Nyeri or Kiambu is ready to feed, cloth and educate 6 kids? The higher the education, the less kids people get kids. Of course M kenya with its vicinity to Nairobi is the most enlightened ethnic block. Luhyas will overtake Kikuyus in the next 10 years and the Kalejins in another 10 years. I hope by then the masses do not vote for the ethnic warlords as is the case now.
As of the Kikuyus who voted for Uhuru in 2013 and 2017 and are now complaining about the economic mess, what did you expect from a man not known to have worked all his life?

The moral of the long story is Gema headcount is dwindling fast - which if they could see beyond their nose means they are economically ahead - leading the demographic turnaround. Gema will rip bigger than all tribes from the demographic dividend. Muthomi Njuki and Ephraim Maina nonsense about census rigging - is just that - who rigged? Kibaki or Uhuru? Kibicho controls the machinery so it just parochial fears of politicians who need tyranny to continue milking the till. The census is correct and accurate.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »
Most people don't know that at turn of century - Maasai were the most populous tribe in Kenya. Kenya as whole had 1m people. The biggest tribe probably had 100-150k people.
The Mt Kenya politicians do not want to face reality. Dwindling numbers means elightened people. Who in Nyeri or Kiambu is ready to feed, cloth and educate 6 kids? The higher the education, the less kids people get kids. Of course M kenya with its vicinity to Nairobi is the most enlightened ethnic block. Luhyas will overtake Kikuyus in the next 10 years and the Kalejins in another 10 years. I hope by then the masses do not vote for the ethnic warlords as is the case now.
As of the Kikuyus who voted for Uhuru in 2013 and 2017 and are now complaining about the economic mess, what did you expect from a man not known to have worked all his life?

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2019, 05:36:30 PM »
Nairobi deserves to be split to at least 4 counties; Kiambu & Nakuru into 2 - we need serious investment into sewer, water, schools and all social services in these counties to serve all these masses.

Meanwhile, protect likes of Samburu, Isiolo, Tana River, Lamu, Elgeyo under some terms on productivity or anything for 15-20 years and then find a way to integrate them with others.

Embakasi has nearly a million people, more than half of the existing counties' populations - Just out of magination!
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2019, 05:55:23 PM »
Here I was thinking Nairobi Metro - Nairobi plus Machakos plus Kiambu plus Kajiado - need to amalgamated - and be made a FEDERAL CAPITAL or Special County - otherwise it will never be able to really do big ticket projects - like light or metro rail. Then Nairobi can be divided into boroughs with mayors control parts of it.

Alternatively Nairobi, Kiambu and Nakuru - all cities - need to have Mayors in addition to governors. MCAs and Sub-country administrator are sufficient for rural counties...

Nairobi deserves to be split to at least 4 counties; Kiambu & Nakuru into 2 - we need serious investment into sewer, water, schools and all social services in these counties to serve all these masses.

Meanwhile, protect likes of Samburu, Isiolo, Tana River, Lamu, Elgeyo under some terms on productivity or anything for 15-20 years and then find a way to integrate them with others.

Embakasi has nearly a million people, more than half of the existing counties' populations - Just out of magination!

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2019, 06:52:06 PM »
The sentiments by Mt. Kenya and the rise of likes of Sonko/Babu Owinos will make this impossible. Mutula Kilonzo grand metro plans have been killed despite having the regulations well spelt out. With political goodwill the city counties can get enough monies for development - but the hounding of Sonko and sometime back Joho shows otherwise. The splits are more acceptable and practical approach especially once the politicians understand rural urban migration.

Seems trying to reverse Session Paper No 10 of 1969 is not working - we are throwing money in the villages yet people are heading to the cities with no sewer or schools.

Here I was thinking Nairobi Metro - Nairobi plus Machakos plus Kiambu plus Kajiado - need to amalgamated - and be made a FEDERAL CAPITAL or Special County - otherwise it will never be able to really do big ticket projects - like light or metro rail. Then Nairobi can be divided into boroughs with mayors control parts of it.

Alternatively Nairobi, Kiambu and Nakuru - all cities - need to have Mayors in addition to governors. MCAs and Sub-country administrator are sufficient for rural counties...

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2019, 11:56:02 PM »
So when will the final report be released. Did pundit say that contraception penetration in central is 95%? That is amazing. People need to stop having kids there is no need for them anymore

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2019, 08:21:45 AM »
People will stop having manys when they feel the chances of few kids to survive are high. So in places with high morbidity/mortality - don't expect to see few children.Apart from ignorance that can be sorted by education - we need to sort out infant mortality.

I think national contraceptive usage is 60% - but places like central are hovering towards 90% and north eastern are at 10% or if not lower.

So when will the final report be released. Did pundit say that contraception penetration in central is 95%? That is amazing. People need to stop having kids there is no need for them anymore

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2019, 03:10:53 PM »

Kids are necessary to avoid extinction.  Not to mention political annihilation 😁.

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2020, 01:25:29 PM »
Pundito

How many Giriama, Pokots and Indians are there in Kenya?

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2020, 07:25:20 PM »
RV Punditry was right on the tribal numbers.

The urbanization figures show that 5 towns -Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Ruiru and Eldoret- hold 50% of Kenyan living in urban areas. Not sure what this implies for devolution. Likes of Kisumu, Embu, Machakos, Nyeri are ghost towns despite having a head start with Provincial administration.