Author Topic: Ouko hilarious last speech - watch from 0.14  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Ouko hilarious last speech - watch from 0.14
« on: October 16, 2019, 09:20:50 PM »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Ouko hilarious last speech - watch from 0.14
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 02:45:05 PM »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 06:05:29 PM »
I never grasp the rationale behind Jomo and Moi extermination of featherweight opponents. Pio Gama Pinto, Argwings Kodhek, Tom Mboya, Ronald Ngala, JM Kariuki, Robert Ouko, Alexander Kipsang Muge, Masinde Muliro. The list is too long.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 06:11:12 PM »
I never grasp the rational behind Jomo and Moi extermination of featherweight opponents. Pio Gama Pinto, Argwings Kodhek, Tom Mboya, Ronald Ngala, JM Kariuki, Robert Ouko, Alexander Kipsang Muge, Masinde Muliro. The list is too long.

I have heard Mboya was a real threat.  He was never going to be quiet until he got to the top.  A bit like Raila.  JM was also popular with the mwananchi and openly called out Onyatto.  In those days, that was virtually treason, especially as a Kikuyu.

Ouko, as far I can tell, was just an articulate sycophant.  He was popular with the West.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 06:21:36 PM »
I never grasp the rational behind Jomo and Moi extermination of featherweight opponents. Pio Gama Pinto, Argwings Kodhek, Tom Mboya, Ronald Ngala, JM Kariuki, Robert Ouko, Alexander Kipsang Muge, Masinde Muliro. The list is too long.

I have heard Mboya was a real threat.  He was never going to be quiet until he got to the top.  A bit like Raila.  JM was also popular with the mwananchi and openly called out Onyatto.  In those days, that was virtually treason, especially as a Kikuyu.

Ouko, as far I can tell, was just an articulate sycophant.  He was popular with the West.

None of them stood a chance against the mighty state. Mboya was an eloquent psychophant same as Ouko. JM was a single bird in the bush.The murders were more an ego thing than nipping the bud. To me only Muliro posed the real threat of uniting FORD.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 06:27:10 PM »
It was Cholmondeley kind of shooting game. Murder for sport. I read somewhere that Biwott was actually nicknamed "Kamaliza" ie the Terminator.

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 06:39:59 PM »

None of them stood a chance against the mighty state. Mboya was an eloquent psychophant same as Ouko. JM was a single bird in the bush.The murders were more an ego thing than nipping the bud. To me only Muliro posed the real threat of uniting FORD.

Ouko may was probably murdered without Moi's sanction.  It's easy to forget he was one of the most vocal anti-multiparty advocates, both at home and abroad.  He also apparently had some corruption dossier on Biwott.  Moi had no choice but to try and cover up after the fact.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 07:40:10 PM »

Ouko may was probably murdered without Moi's sanction.  It's easy to forget he was one of the most vocal anti-multiparty advocates, both at home and abroad.  He also apparently had some corruption dossier on Biwott.  Moi had no choice but to try and cover up after the fact.

Roger that. A man like Mboya was a Jomo apologist more eloquent and popular in the West than Ouko. But on the ground of Nyanza Jaramogi ran circles around him. When Jaramogi's crew decamped to KPU in 1966, Mboya lead the Kanu campaign in the Nyanza mass by-elections. Jaramogi wiped the floor with the guy. KPU bagged all the seats despite lots of harassment and discrimination by the state machinery. Why eliminate the guy if not egomania?

Or Bishop Muge. There was zero chance he could upstage Moi in Kalenjin. The murder was just powermongering.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »
Power then was not derived from ground but from colonial masters.Most African states were vassal states.So being cozy with CIA or UK ambassador was enough to get killed or get power.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 09:05:35 PM »
That makes some sense. Was it still the case in Moi era? 90s.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 09:22:32 PM »
Politician are ever suspicious because it's game of backstabbing.Ouko was killed by Anguka possibly with help of Oyugi.The judges who trusted his Alibi on the night that he was with Bometts for dinner & then had late massage from his nephews made a fatal mistake.Anguka car made about same distance and he didn't appear in the office until late.He reportedly arrived at Nakuru at 5.00am and after killing Ouko attempted to arrange his wife transfer to Germany.Anguka has yet to return from exile.Anguka had the motive, knew the area being a resident and the training to do it.