Author Topic: #INEOS159  (Read 1639 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
#INEOS159
« on: October 12, 2019, 08:48:01 AM »
So much science behind it.

Here are live links
https://live.ineos159challenge.com/

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: #INEOS159
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 07:52:06 PM »
I saw this in bits and drabs.  I hope to catch a bit more of it.  But from the look of it, it's impressive, but not as impressive as the time suggests.  Eliud is an all time great.  But any runner will tell you what a difference it makes to run in a pack, blocking the elements, water carriers, flattish course with gentle turns among other gimmicks you don't find in normal races.

We may not live to see a sub-2 hour under normal running conditions.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 08:55:27 PM »
Kipchoge didn't look exhausted at all..I think element of this can be incorporated in legal race and maybe kipchoge can do it especially if Bekele become a threat.Bekele remain the greatest distance runner ever.Kipchoge has to do something in London and Tokyo..both no ideal races then he will be about done with serious running and will be running for money although he probably has more money than he cares about now...been making like a million dollars since 2012

Offline audacityofhope

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 08:03:46 AM »
I saw this in bits and drabs.  I hope to catch a bit more of it.  But from the look of it, it's impressive, but not as impressive as the time suggests.  Eliud is an all time great.  But any runner will tell you what a difference it makes to run in a pack, blocking the elements, water carriers, flattish course with gentle turns among other gimmicks you don't find in normal races.

Oh yea of little faith..... Majority of folks do NOT realize that under NORMAL condition Man IS only 99 seconds outside 2 hours. Some mzungu called Jim Ratcliffe of INEOS latched on this shyness of that time to bring FORWARD the reality that man could run below 2 hours. (See the ideas that get into your head when you have money?) @Bitmask if you are in good health and god-forbid not run over by a Chicago bus or train, you will certainly see the 2 hour mark broken in your life-time "without gimmicks"  :D   And my prediction is that it will be broken in Berlin.

A head to head between Eliud Kipchoge (Kenya) and Kenenisa Bekele (Ethiopia) at the next big marathon event is worth a try for starters.

Here is another thing I can't get out of my head: If Samuel Wanjiru who was murdered at the tender age of 24 had been alive today and gone easy on booze and women, he and his freestyle unorthodox way of running would already have broken the record under NORMAL conditions.

10 Fastest Marathoners on Record-Eligible Course: Men

Runner                                        Finish Time      Pace/Mile   Marathon

Eliud Kipchoge (Kenya)                 2:01:39           4:38.4        Berlin, 2018

Kenenisa Bekele (Ethiopia)            2:01:41           4:38.5        Berlin, 2019

Birhanu Legese (Ethiopia)             2:02:48           4:41.0        Berlin, 2019

Mosinet Geremew (Ethiopia)         2:02:55           4:41.3        London, 2019

Dennis Kimetto (Kenya)               2:02:57           4:41.4        Berlin, 2014

Wilson Kipsang (Kenya)               2:03:13           4:42.0        Berlin, 2016

Emmanuel Mutai (Kenya)             2:03:13           4:42.0        Berlin, 2014

Mule Wasihun (Ethiopia)              2:03:16           4:42.1         London, 2019

Getaneh Molla (Ethiopia)             2:03:34           4:42.0         Dubai, 2019

Sisay Lemma (Ethiopia)              2:03:36           4:42.9         Berlin, 2019

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 05:17:31 PM »

Oh yea of little faith..... Majority of folks do NOT realize that under NORMAL condition Man IS only 99 seconds outside 2 hours. Some mzungu called Jim Ratcliffe of INEOS latched on this shyness of that time to bring FORWARD the reality that man could run below 2 hours. (See the ideas that get into your head when you have money?) @Bitmask if you are in good health and god-forbid not run over by a Chicago bus or train, you will certainly see the 2 hour mark broken in your life-time "without gimmicks"  :D   And my prediction is that it will be broken in Berlin.

A head to head between Eliud Kipchoge (Kenya) and Kenenisa Bekele (Ethiopia) at the next big marathon event is worth a try for starters.

Here is another thing I can't get out of my head: If Samuel Wanjiru who was murdered at the tender age of 24 had been alive today and gone easy on booze and women, he and his freestyle unorthodox way of running would already have broken the record under NORMAL conditions.

10 Fastest Marathoners on Record-Eligible Course: Men

Runner                                        Finish Time      Pace/Mile   Marathon

Eliud Kipchoge (Kenya)                 2:01:39           4:38.4        Berlin, 2018

Kenenisa Bekele (Ethiopia)            2:01:41           4:38.5        Berlin, 2019

Birhanu Legese (Ethiopia)             2:02:48           4:41.0        Berlin, 2019

Mosinet Geremew (Ethiopia)         2:02:55           4:41.3        London, 2019

Dennis Kimetto (Kenya)               2:02:57           4:41.4        Berlin, 2014

Wilson Kipsang (Kenya)               2:03:13           4:42.0        Berlin, 2016

Emmanuel Mutai (Kenya)             2:03:13           4:42.0        Berlin, 2014

Mule Wasihun (Ethiopia)              2:03:16           4:42.1         London, 2019

Getaneh Molla (Ethiopia)             2:03:34           4:42.0         Dubai, 2019

Sisay Lemma (Ethiopia)              2:03:36           4:42.9         Berlin, 2019

Good to see ya pop around, ye of audiacious beliefs.  Mine is not so much lack of faith as in just a recognition of physical reality.  The same certainty I have that a man will not do sub 9 in the 100m is the same way I see sub 2 in the freestyle marathon.  Eliud, as good marathoner as any, has made a similar attempt before under other favorable conditions and failed. 

Yes Bekele probably could also do a sub-2 hour under INEOS kind of setup.  But only a cyborg will do sub-2 hours in normal conditions.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 05:21:37 PM »
Kipchoge didn't look exhausted at all..I think element of this can be incorporated in legal race and maybe kipchoge can do it especially if Bekele become a threat.Bekele remain the greatest distance runner ever.Kipchoge has to do something in London and Tokyo..both no ideal races then he will be about done with serious running and will be running for money although he probably has more money than he cares about now...been making like a million dollars since 2012

He didn't look that way because he was not exhausted.  It was easier than a regular marathon for him.  Bekele seems to be an on and off type of guy.  And he is 37.  We might see a few tweaks to the current 2:01 something record, but it will become asymptotic before it hits 2:00...

Harriet Tubman