Author Topic: Our Navy is Shiet  (Read 2157 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Our Navy is Shiet
« on: October 02, 2019, 11:02:50 AM »
They can't dive a mere 60 meters yet they are busy rehearsing to tickle Ouru. Taka  taka

Family is paying 100K to divers to retrieve the body
https://ift.tt/2nllcX7
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Our Navy is Shiet
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 11:08:40 AM »
But i thought we now have COAST GUARDS - Army cannot be involved in basic civilian duties like those.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 11:11:24 AM »
But i thought we now have COAST GUARDS - Army cannot be involved in basic civilian duties like those.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 12:17:36 PM »
Why can't Mombasa county do that.Bomet county hired local divers and they help retrieving bodies in rivers and dams which happens quite often.They should station local talented divers around the ferry.Pay them 30k a month.This is not kdf job.If they offer to help..does not that their job

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »

I agree about the army's role.  But these folks probably just lack the resources to get them from down there.  But this is not the US Coast Guard.  They need to

a) locate the vehicle then
b) get well trained divers with all the right equipment to function down there.

a) would require equipment that can ping and locate the car against the background.  This may or may not be straightforward.

It seems easy when you watch movies.  But a lot of these movies are in a locale with a much much more impressive array of resources.  And even in these places, it's not that easy in real life.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 02:59:36 PM »

I agree about the army's role.  But these folks probably just lack the resources to get them from down there.  But this is not the US Coast Guard.  They need to

a) would require equipment that can ping and locate the car against the background.  This may or may not be straightforward.

It seems easy when you watch movies.  But a lot of these movies are in a locale with a much much more impressive array of resources.  And even in these places, it's not that easy in real life.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 05:12:21 PM »

On the shore were the Navy rehearsing to impress Uhuru and they did nothing. Not even attempt.

Terrible judgment.  Maybe callous indifference. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 07:03:08 PM »
I wonder why they call it rescue. It is more of wreckage clearance.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527