Author Topic: SGR making our transport cheaper,safer and more reliable  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: SGR making our transport cheaper,safer and more reliable
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 12:12:02 PM »
Pundit will bring up more fairy tales. Reality is hitting in and January 2020 the bill of 30B Ksh will have to be settled. Already the railway is operating at a loss and this will only add more to its woes. No wonder Wachinko freaked out and gave no further loan for the extension to Kisumu.
Maybe we will just to take another loan to pay the SGR loan. We by the way already lifted the debt ceiling to 9 trillion Ksh. So we have room to borrow from every Dick and Harry another 3 trillion. :o

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001345549/truth-behind-state-s-bid-to-run-truckers-off-mombasa-road

Pundito will spew all manner of theories,get the facts.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 02:04:00 PM »
Expecting me to take nonsense from Standard journalist seriously is a stretch even for you Kadudu. Get me credible figures from KR.
Pundit will bring up more fairy tales. Reality is hitting in and January 2020 the bill of 30B Ksh will have to be settled. Already the railway is operating at a loss and this will only add more to its woes. No wonder Wachinko freaked out and gave no further loan for the extension to Kisumu.
Maybe we will just to take another loan to pay the SGR loan. We by the way already lifted the debt ceiling to 9 trillion Ksh. So we have room to borrow from every Dick and Harry another 3 trillion. :o

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001345549/truth-behind-state-s-bid-to-run-truckers-off-mombasa-road

Pundito will spew all manner of theories,get the facts.
u

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 03:25:31 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D
Ok. The Standard journalist is a juvenile. So just explain to me in simple layman language how a railway already running on deficit will pay 30B in January 2020?
Btw, the last figures published by KR were rubbished a few weeks later by KNBS. So whom should we believe here?

Expecting me to take nonsense from Standard journalist seriously is a stretch even for you Kadudu. Get me credible figures from KR.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »
why would it pay 30B - the loan is in two parts - one is concension - with 10yrs grace period - still a long way to get there - and the other is commercial - loan will be repaid for long duration. If KR cannot pay for it - Treasury will pay using  collections under RDL - Railway Dev Fund - 1.5% of import value. It's now about 300M dollars (30B kshs) annual -so can settle that loan.
:D :D :D :D :D
Ok. The Standard journalist is a juvenile. So just explain to me in simple layman language how a railway already running on deficit will pay 30B in January 2020?
Btw, the last figures published by KR were rubbished a few weeks later by KNBS. So whom should we believe here?

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2019, 04:35:01 PM »
Lunatics Express II
The Kenya Revenue Authority has revised rates of railway development levy (RDL) to two percent, up from 1.5 percent, and the import declaration fee (IDF) to 3.5 percent, from two percent.

The enhanced rates, which are applicable to finished goods are set to fuel a new wave of consumer goods price increases known as imported inflation.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/Prices-shock-as-rail-fees--import-charges-increase/3946234-5349434-ootf0l/index.html
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution