Author Topic: Punguza Mizigo Vote  (Read 14253 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Punguza Mizigo Vote
« on: September 17, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »
Starting this thread to keep tally of all counties rejecting it.

Muranga has rejected it.

I think Ruto is running on hubris

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Punguza Mizigo Vote
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 05:58:49 PM »
Starting this thread to keep tally of all counties rejecting it.

Muranga has rejected it.

I think Ruto is running on hubris

:D.  He might actually believe he has a shot at getting power.  Stranger things have happened.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:00:19 PM »
You can add Siaya and kirinyaga against..and Uasin Gishu for.I don't think Ruto wants PMI except as counter to BBi.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 06:06:31 PM »
It appears the same strategy Waiguru used in Kirinyanga- initiate a vote on PMI - and call a seconder - who then refuses to second the motion. The motion is not put to vote but in abayeance for six months.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »
Haven't you been saying that for decades now - while Ruto has continued to rise to become DPORK - just a heartbeat (uhurus) away from PORK.

Ruto doesn't want both PMI and BBI. When BBI suceeds - it has very very long path it need to walk - to get to Aukot stage - then you can talk Ruto chance for 2012 diminishing.  If BBI has chance of success...Ruto will probably come with his own popular initiative to ammend the katiba...because a lot of PMI stuff are not practical.

Ruto remain the hot favourite according to all opinion pollsters to nick it.

:D.  He might actually believe he has a shot at getting power.  Stranger things have happened.

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »
Ruto is just an  over hyped political thug,only kalenjin counties will pass PMI,

In by your

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 11:55:34 PM »
Now Ruto doesn't want Punguza - a 180 - cause it a good litmus test of his popularity. He's coming up short. Ruto once BBI become unstoppable - will support it shingo upande - to avoid losing wind on his sail.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 05:59:23 AM »
You can add Siaya and kirinyaga against..and Uasin Gishu for.I don't think Ruto wants PMI except as counter to BBi.

How does he counter BBI by voting against PMI in his 'strongholds'?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 06:50:56 AM »
Obviously PMI has impractical proposal that cannot be cured like making every audit query a criminal offence and requiring corruption cases be heard and determined in 1 month plus 7 yr term.But it's good propaganda against BBI.. because Kenya wants Mzigo to be Punguzaed while BBI will likely want to bring NARA like expanded executive.I think Ruto is also aware that PMI will be hard to kill when it passes counties...so he may well decide to kill it now.And wait for BBI to kill it too...BBI has not even started...the popular initiative will see BBI going to square one to collect 1m signatures (3-6 months), get IEBC to verifty(3 Months), go through MCAS(3 months), then parliament(3 months - if not more - committee stage, public participation & a voe), then wait for budget for referendum (budget  june 2021?), then have IEBC prepare a referendum (2022 or earliest late 2021?) - all that before 2012 and the best case scenario....and besides Ruto can come up with his own Popular Initiate .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 07:55:48 AM by RV Pundit »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 02:20:10 PM »

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 04:16:46 PM »
I hope you are counting,i think only kalenjin counties will pass the bill led by uasin gishu

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 07:31:39 PM »
I hope you are counting,i think only kalenjin counties will pass the bill led by uasin gishu

Pundit is going with the flow - the dispassionate analysis is MIA.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 07:55:31 PM »
PMI has serious issues - that cannot be cured. It's only good as propaganda weapon.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 08:01:57 PM »
Ok, that's a good enough reason for the 180. As BBI steamroll the counties, am sure you will discover some merit to celebrate inclusion.

PMI has serious issues - that cannot be cured. It's only good as propaganda weapon.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 08:12:35 PM »
I don't think Uhuru is serious with BBI - hii ni karata inacheswa.
So this is BBI gameplan. They will come out with report on 11 issues.
Uhuru and the public will discuss the report... I don't know the timelines...but surely you cannot expect anything less than 3-6 months.
Then Uhuru will probably form an implementation committee...or turn BBI into one.
Comittee will then again go round drafting bills - that will somehow get to parliament.
Parliament is bullwark against BBI. They know it's an illegal thing that Uhuru is playing games with.
So maybe BBI will turn into OKOA kenya - signature collection.
Maybe this time round Kibicho-Nancy will use the prov administration? to collect signatures?
Otherwise the earliest that process can start in next year....and it will probably take 3-6 months.
That is already past mid next year.
Budget will be read minus referendum budget.
The last half of next year - maybe it will go to IEBC - for verification & then court cases.
We are already in 2021?
Then BBI will got to counties. Ruto will easily find 24 counties to block it. I can tell you 14 counties of RV are nearly enough.
Then it goes to parliament - and fails.
Then it goes for referendum...
And then Uhuru quietly retires :)
And then Ruto take over.

Ok, that's a good enough reason for the 180. As BBI steamroll the counties, am sure you will discover some merit to celebrate inclusion.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 08:38:10 PM »
You been claiming BBI is illegal - while the DOA Punguza is legit. BBI taskforce you derided as a wazee baraza in March 2018. It is now finalizing and you are still at it. Get ready to wear No t-shirt - in case they don't manage to skirt referendum clause - if Ruto doesn't surrender way earlier and make it unanimous.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »
The thing is illegal. How can I start getting ready when procedure for conducting referendum has not even started :). BBI have not done STEP 0NE. Step one is to come up with a bill and start signature collection. Punguza has managed two hurdles so far. 1M signatures. Raila's OKOA managed 800k. Punguza is now with Counties. Turkana boy has outdone Raila. That is what I tell politician who want to succeed in kenya....be like Ruto..don't respect OLD REPUTATION ETI BABA NI HATARI SANA :). He is an empty suit.

Turkana boy has gone the furthest anybody has come to amending our katiba. When we voted NO - part of the reasons was that it would be nearly impossible to amend this katiba.Raila said just pass it - and we will ammend later - okay to hit brick in stage 1 - signature collection OKOA RAILA

Get used to this Katiba. It's not easy to ammend it. Once Punguza goes through MCAs. Parliament is waiting for them with all games of tricks..including sitting on it forever.

Why would Duale and Jubilee majority in parliament not sit on BBI too - "forever" -  knowing Ruto will be shoe-in in 2022 :).

Siasa sio transparent game. It's game of trickery. You have to learn to separate smokes & mirrors from the real thing.

You been claiming BBI is illegal - while the DOA Punguza is legit. BBI taskforce you derided as a wazee baraza in March 2018. It is now finalizing and you are still at it. Get ready to wear No t-shirt - in case they don't manage to skirt referendum clause - if Ruto doesn't surrender way earlier and make it unanimous.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 09:44:32 PM »
Still waiting to learn how BBI is illegal.

New katiba passed cause two of three power bases supported it. Same as BBI. Yes and No are largely intact. And that was a WHOLE NEW katiba - this is a mere amendment.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 09:53:26 PM »
I asked you what interests would make MCAs or MPs block BBI? Anything logical besides their dicy homage to Ruto. Unlike Punguza ignorance - hopefully BBI won't attempt to brazenly gut MPs. Let's wait for Ruto to oppose more devolution or inclusion.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2019, 09:58:17 PM »
The parliamentary system is an optimal model. Separates the ceremonial state from the daily government. Keeps the exec in proper check. So you have it in 90% of the developed nations.

And what's your reason for backing the divisive ethereal presidency? I mean besides tribalism.