Author Topic: Tuju can't help Baba in Kibra  (Read 64728 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Tuju can't help Baba in Kibra
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2019, 12:18:38 PM »
Ruto should have sat this out and quietly finance the breakaway rival once ODM primary chaos cause a split. Like Ugenya and Embakasi. Now a defeat for Mariga will be touted as a defeat for Ruto.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2019, 12:42:16 PM »
Some battles are worth losing. Ruto already won by beating Tuju through the Jubilee NIB (election body) and making sure ODM conducted proper nomination - kibra have won. Going forward Ruto has to kick Tuju & Murathe - and make sure has control of the Jubilee party - through election next year.
Ruto should have sat this out and quietly finance the breakaway rival once ODM primary chaos cause a split. Like Ugenya and Embakasi. Now a defeat for Mariga will be touted as a defeat for Ruto.

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2019, 02:20:55 PM »
You sound contradictory. Babu was gonna lose if he attempted to force her daughter. I think Okoths will win this because the bro did great.
Okoth brother wins ODM nomination.Look like Raila got so scared he allowed democracy to prevail.Uphill task for Mariga now
From what i hear, imran okoth is quite popular, infact i hear he was in charge of kibra cdf, was constantly on the ground, born & raised in kibra and did a fantastic job together with his late bro ken. Coupled with the fact that he has Nubian blood, he commands a formidable following.
Babu had all along wanted his daughter rosemary to inherit the seat but was prevailed upon because she was heading for a humiliating defeat.
I don't think that it has "just become an uphill task" for mariga now. From the onset it wasn't gonna be easy for anyone who ran against babus preferred candidate.

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Pundit.  What i meant was, during the last elections. Not currently. Babu was toying with the idea of imposing his daughter on kibra electorate, but was told Ken okoth (the late) was gonna defeat her convincingly, either through odm primaries, or otherwise.

This time round he yielded to the demands of the electorate and he let the people decide their candidate which was the only wise thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2019, 08:11:21 PM »
There's something very toxic when a supposedly leading candidate distances himself from a supposed leader (Number Two) of his party. That alone is a victory on the propaganda front for RAO. I will not say the obvious for his main rival.

Deputy President last week visited the constituency and promised to return with his full brigade to drum up support for Mariga.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2019-09-08-imran-it-is-ken-okoths-brother-wins-odm-ticket-for-kibra/
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2019, 08:46:43 PM »
Geemall, who will openly say he is someone project

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »
No politician ever says he's somebody's project. In Nyanza and in Central, aspiring politicians trample each other to shake hands and take pictures with RAO or Uhuru. In RV, politicians dance themselves lame to beat Sudi's praise songs. In this case, why did Mariga not deny he's Aukot's or Kalonzo's project? His choice of the person to deny in public is the real issue.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2019, 09:30:05 PM »
Why do you think Ruto strength lies in Kibra.This is just a wild card

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2019, 08:41:50 AM »

Lol si umekunja mkia mapema... after telling us Ruto has run the tribal math - and seen a viable path for Mariga.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2019, 09:36:46 AM »

Lol si umekunja mkia mapema... after telling us Ruto has run the tribal math - and seen a viable path for Mariga.
It's still viable but okoth is not your typical odmoron.The late okoth delivered in ways Raila could never do...and therefore is hard to beat.If ODM had given us the usual suspects it would be open game.And I said all these in my first or second post...read backwards

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2019, 11:45:58 PM »

It's still viable but okoth is not your typical odmoron.The late okoth delivered in ways Raila could never do...and therefore is hard to beat.If ODM had given us the usual suspects it would be open game.And I said all these in my first or second post...read backwards

It was the miscalculation by Ruto that has forced ODM to get their shit together. Without Ruto & Mariga threat you would have seen usual shambols and men in black. Ruto should have let the mayhem set in and support a strong rebel from the fallout. Imran would probably be independent candidate.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2019, 11:56:23 AM »
Maybe. Now we know Raila is scared even in Kibra.
It was the miscalculation by Ruto that has forced ODM to get their shit together. Without Ruto & Mariga threat you would have seen usual shambols and men in black. Ruto should have let the mayhem set in and support a strong rebel from the fallout. Imran would probably be independent candidate.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2019, 06:31:55 PM »
Maringa is not even a voter. IEBC declines his nomination. Imran versus Owalo continues.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2019, 07:45:56 PM »
Maringa is not even a voter. IEBC declines his nomination. Imran versus Owalo continues.

Next level incompetence.  He should stick to soccer(retirement).
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2019, 08:04:23 PM »
Prezzo has jumped into the fray  :D .

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »

Next level incompetence.  He should stick to soccer(retirement).

:D :D
It's more Ruto sleeping on the job. It was obvious this soccer guy knows nothing about politics. Rumors he is a not a registered were voiced in ample time for correction. Ruto may have to back Owalo afterall - and get more egg on the face.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2019, 08:29:19 PM »
He got Raila so scared he conducted a real nomination

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2019, 10:18:16 PM »
Apparently he is registered 3 weeks ago.I guess this go to court if IEBC doesn't rule on Mariga appeal.I think he should be allowed to vie but cannot vote.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2019, 10:44:08 PM »
Ruto should have first done his homework. Chiloba is no longer there to help him out and Davis Chirchir is missing in action and cannot access the IEBC servers anymore.

Apparently he is registered 3 weeks ago.I guess this go to court if IEBC doesn't rule on Mariga appeal.I think he should be allowed to vie but cannot vote.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2019, 10:48:43 PM »
As far I can tell Kibra registration was discontinued on 14th August as per the election law but Mariga went round this & registered instead in Starehe and is therefore entitled to vie but cannot vote in Kibra.That straightforward.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2019, 11:01:23 PM »
Uhuru is raining so fast and furious blows the guy has no chance to focus on anything. He abandoned efforts at building non-Gema coalition. This kind of blunder is atypical of Ruto. He's playing defense.

Ruto should have first done his homework. Chiloba is no longer there to help him out and Davis Chirchir is missing in action and cannot access the IEBC servers anymore.