Author Topic: Tuju can't help Baba in Kibra  (Read 64734 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Tuju can't help Baba in Kibra
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 10:58:37 PM »
Sakaja is a kalenjin.At least his father.He had a bar at Railways downtown.He is definitely running against Sonko and hoping to ride odm...kidero will probably buy odm ticket so he is an idiot or maybe not

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 11:23:35 PM »
Sakaja is a kalenjin.At least his father.He had a bar at Railways downtown.He is definitely running against Sonko and hoping to ride odm...kidero will probably buy odm ticket so he is an idiot or maybe not

The point is his rise to Nairobi senator had nothing to do with Ruto. He is Uhuru's boy. Yes he wants to be governor - but beating Sonko is not easy. Sakaja pretend to be Luhya - he use that leverage by bagging Kikuyu as Jubilee then top up some Luhya cause of tribe. In ODM he has no leverage. Expect him to stick with Uhuru - cause Kikuyu vote - Sakaja is not stupid.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 11:25:59 PM »
Sakaja cannot decamp to ODM for the same reason Sonko cannot ship to Wiper: the Kikuyu vote.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2019, 12:02:49 PM »
Jubilee candidates who lost to Maraga now withdraw cases and backs McDonald Mariga. Ruto politics is on another level...if you saw in Baringo South (beat MOi like a Isukuti drum by snatching Kamuren) - Wajir - and etc.

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2019, 12:02:52 PM »
The tribal math are with Mariga - Luhyas are quite sizeable in Kibera laini nane which is the bulk of voters in Kibra. Add the Kikuyus. ODM also has a hard task of ensuring the youngsters Luos do not vote for Marigas TV presence/celebrity. Kris Darling is likely to run even if he loses out on nominations  given his grass root feel a she has been running a football tournament - this could split the youth votes to disadvantage of babu.

Maybe Babu should just have handed the ticket to Fidel and make it personal.

This is an interesting Babu vs Hustler duel. Expect Ruto to buy out the ANC, FORD K candidates as ODM play Luo nationalism. My money is on the ODM guy unless as usual they mess the primaries. Jubilee has started 2 down - a Luhya selected by Ruto.
Lini nane???? Never heard of that place ever in my long stay in kibra.....

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2019, 12:04:35 PM »
This is an interesting Babu vs Hustler duel. Expect Ruto to buy out the ANC, FORD K candidates as ODM play Luo nationalism. My money is on the ODM guy unless as usual they mess the primaries. Jubilee has started 2 down - a Luhya selected by Ruto.

Kibra will go to whoever Baba campaigns for.  The rest are details and formalities.
Spot on!  No doubt about that.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2019, 12:15:41 PM »
Won't be a walk-over because Mariga is well known personality and Jubilee has enough votes on their own - this is Nairobi. It is always down to the wire.

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2019, 12:32:41 PM »
Won't be a walk-over because Mariga is well known personality and Jubilee has enough votes on their own - this is Nairobi. It is always down to the wire.
Jubilee or ruto, who has enough votes on their own?

For sure im telling you those two names will not be helpful to mariga especially in kibra. Im sure he would do better if he left those names behind.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2019, 12:57:58 PM »
Jubilee or ruto, who has enough votes on their own?

For sure im telling you those two names will not be helpful to mariga especially in kibra. Im sure he would do better if he left those names behind.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 03:11:35 PM »

Kibra will go to whoever Baba campaigns for.  The rest are details and formalities.

The hustler is taking a big risk on this. He should have taken it slow as he did in Embakasi `South and Ugenya - declare victory when he was not a contestant. :) If he takes Kibra I will count it as a real achievement - bigger than finishing a 10km marathon with the First Lady.

Yeah.  It would suggest he can make some headway in mobilizing other tribes.  That he can even compete in Nairobi.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2019, 03:15:26 PM »
Robina if you were objective you'll have realised that Nixon korir is Raila mp thanks to Ruto.The same game is playing in Kibra.If it doesn't work now, Ruto will eventually make it work because he is such a go getter.

Every top honcho is a go-getter - Raila attempted a coup at 30-something. Nixon Korir won due to NASA divisions not anything else. And he is Lang'ata MP not Kibra. Surely your point isn't that Nixon victory shows Ruto strength. It in fact means nothing to win such a cosmopolitan seat in a general election. Even Embakasi South and Ugenya show nothing about Ruto mettle. Embakasi was NASA affair. Ugenya was ODM affair.

Let's see Kibra - Ruto of course need to sort Jubilee mess first - before hitting the trail.

That credit goes to Ochuka.  At 20-something he ruled Kenya for six hours and made Moi cry like a bereaved widow on national TV
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2019, 03:45:02 PM »
Which Kibera do you know? Kibera is all about Laini Saba and Laini Nane.

The tribal math are with Mariga - Luhyas are quite sizeable in Kibera laini nane which is the bulk of voters in Kibra. Add the Kikuyus. ODM also has a hard task of ensuring the youngsters Luos do not vote for Marigas TV presence/celebrity. Kris Darling is likely to run even if he loses out on nominations  given his grass root feel a she has been running a football tournament - this could split the youth votes to disadvantage of babu.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »
Which Kibera do you know? Kibera is all about Laini Saba and Laini Nane.

Fyi it's not kibera it's kibra which is a Nubian word meaning edge of the forest/kando ya msitu, which in this case is ngong forest.

Brother i lived in kibra from 1975 -1999. There is no place in kibra called laini nane.

So you say kibra is all about those 2 places you mention (one which actually doen not exist)?

Ever heard of Lindi, mashimoni, darajani, kambi, kambi muru, makina, koromatei, kisumu ndogo, gatwikira, kianda which happen to be informal.
Karanja rd, fort jesus, olympic and ayany estates which are formal.

And i know the tribal arrangements of all those areas. The voters of kisumu ndogo alone, always determine who wins.

Hayo mengine mengi achia pundit na Maoss zake.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2019, 06:12:34 PM »
Sitting bull, I once sold in my uncle bar over weekends just past Kibera law court...most of our customers were kalenjin army men from DoD...later I had a mechanic hapo fort Jesus..also just after campus I stayed in High-rise Kibra...I could sneak into Kibera at will.Anyway what I like about Kibra was it's crime free reputation except for Margolis who I heard use to waylay people just before you got to Kibera.Kibera is a crazy slum...you can walk a kilometre in btw houses with shops mostly owned by Kikuyus...but somehow the pathway are well known..at campus we had many ex Olympic primary alumnaes..they were definition of book and street smart..they were mostly in good degree courses while dabbling as touts if not drug dealing

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2019, 06:36:09 PM »
Sitting bull, I once sold in my uncle bar over weekends just past Kibera law court...most of our customers were kalenjin army men from DoD...later I had a mechanic hapo fort Jesus..also just after campus I stayed in High-rise Kibra...I could sneak into Kibera at will.Anyway what I like about Kibra was it's crime free reputation except for Margolis who I heard use to waylay people just before you got to Kibera.Kibera is a crazy slum...you can walk a kilometre in btw houses with shops mostly owned by Kikuyus...but somehow the pathway are well known..at campus we had many ex Olympic primary alumnaes..they were definition of book and street smart..they were mostly in good degree courses while dabbling as touts if not drug dealing
Quite interesting. You say past law courts? That area is known as makina. Predominantly Nubian. I guess you must know a word or two in kinubi.

Ever since the 70's residents never tolerated thieves. Actually mob lynching originated in Gatwikira area behind Olympic primary school.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2019, 06:54:49 PM »
Laini Saba and Laini Nane are about the KBS buses which were serving the two ends of Kibera (Kibra kitu gani). Laini Saba (administrative is a distinct ward) denotes all that stretch from Lindi/Mashimoni to Nyayo Highrise. Laini Nane refers to stretch from Lindi to Kianda.

Kisumu ndogo residents are washed out Babu goons - no redemption for those buggers - theirs is to wait for babu at 'Kamukunji' next to Olympic primary, whenever political temperatures get high. 
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »
Quite interesting. You say past law courts? That area is known as makina. Predominantly Nubian. I guess you must know a word or two in kinubi.

Ever since the 70's residents never tolerated thieves. Actually mob lynching originated in Gatwikira area behind Olympic primary school.

Yes there a lot of Nubian..in their Muslim wear and mostly black as soot.I didn't moonlight for long because those kalenjin of mine were primitive bunch and would fight over simple argument..we use to replace glasses and then my dad found out..so my gig ended.Yes Kibra as far as I known has very little crime issues... lynching or zero tolerance to crime has helped unlike the kayoles & dandoras & Jericho that breed criminal.Kibra people have accepted their fate in life, and anyway life there is cheap coz of counterfeiting.I think when history of Kibra is written Olympics primary as beacon of hope will feature prominently

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2019, 04:53:10 AM »
Okoth brother wins ODM nomination.Look like Raila got so scared he allowed democracy to prevail.Uphill task for Mariga now

Offline sitting bull

• Superstar
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2019, 09:51:14 AM »
Okoth brother wins ODM nomination.Look like Raila got so scared he allowed democracy to prevail.Uphill task for Mariga now
From what i hear, imran okoth is quite popular, infact i hear he was in charge of kibra cdf, was constantly on the ground, born & raised in kibra and did a fantastic job together with his late bro ken. Coupled with the fact that he has Nubian blood, he commands a formidable following.
Babu had all along wanted his daughter rosemary to inherit the seat but was prevailed upon because she was heading for a humiliating defeat.
I don't think that it has "just become an uphill task" for mariga now. From the onset it wasn't gonna be easy for anyone who ran against babus preferred candidate.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2019, 11:40:04 AM »
You sound contradictory. Babu was gonna lose if he attempted to force her daughter. I think Okoths will win this because the bro did great.
From what i hear, imran okoth is quite popular, infact i hear he was in charge of kibra cdf, was constantly on the ground, born & raised in kibra and did a fantastic job together with his late bro ken. Coupled with the fact that he has Nubian blood, he commands a formidable following.
Babu had all along wanted his daughter rosemary to inherit the seat but was prevailed upon because she was heading for a humiliating defeat.
I don't think that it has "just become an uphill task" for mariga now. From the onset it wasn't gonna be easy for anyone who ran against babus preferred candidate.