Author Topic: Predictably, ODM Resists Aukot's antics  (Read 16237 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Predictably, ODM Resists Aukot's antics
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »
US congress - has senior and junior senators and house of reps  All of them are representative of their county. The MPs will be dealing with national issues and cross-checking national gov. Senate will deal with resolving difference btw National & County gov. Senate will also be more powerful - with powers to impeach president and governors. I hope we stop seeing the nonsense of senate summing governors and that job is done by MCA.

US Congress has Senate and House of Representatives. Senators have senior and junior senator yes, but the Reps come from congressional districts - same as our constituencies. The districts are based on population - though there is lots of gerrymandering and such politics. Senators clearly represent the states while Reps represent the districts. The two chambers' powers and responsibilities are rationally designed and distributed as such. What I see Aukot as doing is simply making senate "upper house" - but both houses are now equivalent and none solely represent the counties or checks the Exec any more than the other. They both represent Kenya and check the Exec and each other. No problem.

The bug I see is in assigning each county - 2 rep irrespective of population. Maybe we should have given more reps to more populous counties. But how do we deal with gender? Maybe have one women rep in each county - and others depending on the population ratio - with max of 150mps? So Nairobi with 4M will get say 4 slots and Lamu will get 1....out of the 100 men mps.

How is this a problem? If both chambers - senators and MPs - represent the county and keep the Exec in check - then population does not matter. That is why senators globally represent the federated regions which are meant to be equal. I don't believe in "equal representation" as in population based boundaries. That's the moronic dictionary "democracy" or "merit" which is faulty. Aukot 2 per county formula is fair.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2019, 07:11:11 AM »
Yeap besides the boundary reviews can sort out county pop disparity.Either way you got 3 national reps per county.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »
Pundit do you like the 7yr presidency?
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 09:44:31 AM »
No.I think 5ys 2 terms has no problem.Single term gives no incentive for anybody to work.That will be 7yrs of looting and I don't care like Uhuru is doing.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2019, 02:59:51 PM »
No.I think 5ys 2 terms has no problem.Single term gives no incentive for anybody to work.That will be 7yrs of looting and I don't care like Uhuru is doing.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 06:44:44 PM »

Aukot argues that incumbent-free elections are peaceful. I partially agree with him as PEV wiped out Kibaki 1 gains. There is also less incentive to favor regions without the need to recoup the investment - read more rational actions and policies. Kibaki legacy is FPE and Thika Superhighway. Uhuru's is shaping up as mega debt and hopefully nailing graft as a redemption. The best way for Uhuru to cement the anti-graft brand is to back Aukot or at least ensure BBI borrows big from Punguza Mzigo.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2019, 09:52:56 AM »
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2019, 03:33:46 PM »
They want expanded executive so Kalonzo can become something.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Wiper-rejects-Punguza-Mizigo-bill-/1064-5214022-exuklq/index.html Predictably too, Wiper rejects Punguza Mizigo as well.

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2019, 06:58:29 PM »
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Wiper-rejects-Punguza-Mizigo-bill-/1064-5214022-exuklq/index.html Predictably too, Wiper rejects Punguza Mizigo as well.

That is true.  They exist in a bubble where there nothing really needs fixing other than a tweak or two to serve their purposes.  It's almost as if these guys do not think of the kind of world they would like to leave their grandchildren.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2019, 11:23:16 PM »
Thinking about the future of Kenya is what inclusion politics is all about.  People advocating for winner take all are the ones not thinking about posterity.

That is true.  They exist in a bubble where there nothing really needs fixing other than a tweak or two to serve their purposes.  It's almost as if these guys do not think of the kind of world they would like to leave their grandchildren.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2019, 04:09:28 PM »
Thinking about the future of Kenya is what inclusion politics is all about.  People advocating for winner take all are the ones not thinking about posterity.

Except we know Kalonzo doesn't care about posterity as much as he cares about the smell of new luxury cars, bodyguards and other perks funded by who cares.

The whole thing about women representatives while coming from a good place was ill-conceived.  A representative of whatever sex represents all genders.  I can't think of anything women representatives have contributed that is any different based on their gender.  It should be scrapped. 

No question, there are issues affecting women disproportionately.  But they have nothing to do with how to get the Passaris, Ngilus, Waigurus at the eating trough.  There are only so many government positions to dole out after all.  The focus should be on wanjiku, not feeding the already well connected "women's" representatives.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2019, 07:05:22 PM »
You cannot split PORK into many pieces for everyone to take. There are various ways of making sure the winner take all systems doesn't happen. Devolution is one such way. Also seperation of powers is another. Vesting some power in independent bodies is another.

But obviously, there will always be one TOP DOG.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2019, 12:03:48 PM »
Court bars Punguza Mzigo - from tabling the bill. The drama from BBI continues.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2019, 12:19:41 PM »
Aukot is meeting headwinds too early. His accusations against those opposing his initiative are unnecessary and counter-productive. Like calling them "beneficiaries of corruption". Could be true but at this time he should behave like a suitor seeking the hand of a princess. You don't go shouting in the marketplace that she farts in her sleep.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2019, 02:16:23 PM »
He already passed the biggest hurdle- IEBC and have a deal no MCA can resist - hence the attempt to use courts to block him - because once MCA endorses this - it's game on. Only a corrupt judiciary can stop this.

The power that be slept - wiaiting for BBI - :) while Aukot was getting his shiet done.

Aukot is meeting headwinds too early. His accusations against those opposing his initiative are unnecessary and counter-productive. Like calling them "beneficiaries of corruption". Could be true but at this time he should behave like a suitor seeking the hand of a princess. You don't go shouting in the marketplace that she farts in her sleep.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2019, 06:07:52 PM »
Chebukati deliberately funged the signatures - as an independent inspection will confirm - until BBI will be the best of all worlds. Unlike Ruto the state does not sleep.

He already passed the biggest hurdle- IEBC and have a deal no MCA can resist - hence the attempt to use courts to block him - because once MCA endorses this - it's game on. Only a corrupt judiciary can stop this.

The power that be slept - wiaiting for BBI - :) while Aukot was getting his shiet done.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2019, 09:08:57 PM »

Pundit apart from pulling rabbits from Ruto's political hat, how will Akuot weather this storm? I know he pulled a fast one in 2017 but this one? I can understand Chebukati's desperation to remain relevant and to amend his ways with Jubilee honchos after bungling 2017. Jubilee or whatever remains of it is not supporting Akuot except in some pockets of backwater RV. ODM obviously is not only not supporting but is actively opposing. Wiper too.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »
Where were you during signature verification.Aukot engaged IEBC from get go.They learnt from Okolea Raila. BBI is just about expanding executive to gather for big 5 tribes.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2019, 08:01:09 PM »
What's with the silence? Wapi Pundit is he already wasted :D What happened to his dark forces sijui MAD theory? It's as laughable as the Big Bang Theory - there was a big bang then the universe  appear. Did Ruto bash Uhuru at Laboso funeral or as usual grovel and praise him as Lotodo praise Moi? Ati MAD some jokes kweli.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2019, 08:03:55 PM »
Pundit, my 20 year cousin says she's not afraid of the dark cause she could be raped or robbed. Rather she fear she would kill the crooks in self defense. She is afraid for the criminals' safety. That's how comical your MAD theory sounds.