Author Topic: Ukur Yaatani acting min of Finance.  (Read 2329 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Ukur Yaatani acting min of Finance.
« on: July 24, 2019, 03:02:25 PM »
Okay - not inspiring man - but well - let first Borana or Pastoralist Fin Min

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Ukur Yaatani acting min of Finance.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 03:52:06 PM »
Was recently questioned by EACC on corruption issues.
Anyway, just a fill gap solution. In the meantime Uhuru busy looking for permanent replacement. It seems that axis of Kikuyu-Kalejin has become poison to his regime. :D :D :D :D
Better have other persons who do not have powerful godfathers and they will hesitate to steal. They also can be fired without any political repurcusions. The man is learning the game very late.

Okay - not inspiring man - but well - let first Borana or Pastoralist Fin Min

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 05:25:29 PM »
I am pretty sure Uhuru will appoint somebody he can trust in that docket.There is probably a fight with Ruto on who...Ruto if he loses finance after loosing internal security Willbe like Railai in NARA.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 09:16:17 PM »
I expect Head of Public Service Joe Kinyua to get the CS Treasury job. Koimett seems out of the equation.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 11:43:54 PM »
Isn't Kinyua not tired and old? I think he wanted to retire but obviously he is the most qualified.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 12:09:22 AM »
Kinyua is a good compromise. He is well qualified, non-aligned to politics and a Gema - hard for Ruto or Babu to oppose. CS has no age limit - unless he refuse to take the job.

Isn't Kinyua not tired and old? I think he wanted to retire but obviously he is the most qualified.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 08:55:19 AM »
Babu to oppose? When did he join gok?
Kinyua is a good compromise. He is well qualified, non-aligned to politics and a Gema - hard for Ruto or Babu to oppose. CS has no age limit - unless he refuse to take the job.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 12:16:17 PM »
It's Ruto post by 50-50 - so picking a qualified non-aligned Gema make it catch-22 at vetting - as Ruto get shorchanged. Babu is de facto DPORK of course.

Babu to oppose? When did he join gok?

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 01:22:36 PM »
It doesn't matter who heads treasury so long as they continue with current economic policies.  How about someone like Julius kones, someone who has shown that he believes in economic freedoms.  Or better yet kwame owino, if he wants to ruin his reputation and career.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 01:43:26 PM »
I guess we live in alternate universe.
It's Ruto post by 50-50 - so picking a qualified non-aligned Gema make it catch-22 at vetting - as Ruto get shorchanged. Babu is de facto DPORK of course.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 02:48:36 PM »
Indeed. How's Uhurutopia going - what's the new spin? - Babu still being taken to the cleaners?

I guess we live in alternate universe.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 03:07:02 PM »
Citizen live streaming... Murang'a folks want PK appointed Treasury CS.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 05:25:53 PM »
And what is with Kenya RE? :03:

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 05:34:42 PM »

It's not a problem.  Maybe Omollo has a point. That people's chests swell with pride when one of "their own" has some authority.  Even if it ultimately hurts them.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2019, 06:16:26 PM »

It's not a problem.  Maybe Omollo has a point. That people's chests swell with pride when one of "their own" has some authority.  Even if it ultimately hurts them.

Yep. Unless Madvd or the civil society raise the alarm none of the political belligerents will object. Cause succession. Babu and Ruto would sell out their own mothers to prevail.