Author Topic: BBI - Muthaura crazy proposal - runner up to be PM  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: BBI - Muthaura crazy proposal - runner up to be PM
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 10:30:41 PM »
The Ouru and Raila, Man Gidi  will do what works for them.  Their only worry is how to deal with the critical mass and what to do with their most powerfully  and vociferous opponents in the likes of Ruto and Miguna.  Once they have figured out how to sell their plan to a critical mass and how to deal with their critical opponents then they will slowly roll out  their plan on how they will arrange themselves maintain their power.  The rest is academic that we will discuss until the next time that new arrangements are neccessary.

Who is "we", and why do you believe that "our" encouragement would have any effect on Raila.   The man has shown that he is very susceptible to poorly-thought-out ideas, the most recent being a funny "boycott", followed by a circus in which he was sworn in as president of some virtual republic.

Raila would probably be happy just to be called "President", with or without power.   (As an aside, I'm not sure that he would know what to do with the power if he were a real President.)   Add to that the fact that GEMA is, and has always been, loathe to lose power,  and there's the possibility that Muthaura's idea is more like reducing a full con to just half a con, which is where, past betrayals notwithstanding, they might still get Raila.

See, if Uhuro & Co and Raila agree on a (powerless) President and PM (for Uhuru), then right off the bat you've GEMA and Raila's followers in the bag.   The soft-headed/weak-kneed Western and Eastern chaps---Wetangula, Mudavadi, and Kalonzo---are no problem: dangle something "big" (Majority Leader, Speaker, House This or That, or a cabinet post), and they'll join the line so fast it will make your head swing.   Then, right there you have enough support---the tribal sheep will always follow---for a referendum to change the constitution and rewind  to 2002 Kazi iendelee.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: BBI - Muthaura crazy proposal - runner up to be PM
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 05:10:59 AM »
The Ouru and Raila, Man Gidi  will do what works for them.  Their only worry is how to deal with the critical mass and what to do with their most powerfully  and vociferous opponents in the likes of Ruto and Miguna.  Once they have figured out how to sell their plan to a critical mass and how to deal with their critical opponents then they will slowly roll out  their plan on how they will arrange themselves maintain their power.  The rest is academic that we will discuss until the next time that new arrangements are neccessary.

Miguna?  You've got to be joking.   He has great entertainment value and can be a pest---"vociferous", as you put it---but beyond that?  Where is he being vociferous right now, and what has the Handshake Man he swore in as "President" done to help him?   Miguna's fights are right and proper.  But the hard fact is that most Kenyans don't really care.  Nor does Raila, whom he alternately castigates and latches onto.

If I were Miguna, I'd forget all the ingrates and go back to quietly practicing law.   When Kenyans are ready for change---something that  will require the sort of sustained kicks in the teeth that Moi gave them---it will happen.  Right now things are bad but not bad enough.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.