Author Topic: David Ndii to Uhuru: Just finish up and go  (Read 4857 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: David Ndii to Uhuru: Just finish up and go
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2019, 04:05:37 PM »
It's funded by taxpayers money - and yet it's not gazetted or does it have any legal backing. Anyway, it's just a waste of time. It will meet a brick wall soon when it taken through the motions - courts, IEBCS, 48 counties, parliament and finally a referendum if it's get there.
BBI - how is it illegal? There is no requirement for a referendum proposal to have parliamentary backing or even a law - cause the popular/signature route is assumed to be NGO- or mwananchi-led. Even Aukot adventure could pass if it had political muscle - no law is needed.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2019, 04:09:25 PM »
The losers are bitterly complaining....and trying to exert their revenge.
Of course Uhuru was played by Ruto - who used primaries ballot chaos as mlolongo smokescreen. Likes of Mbugua were rigged out by Ruto. Then Ruto lined up his cronies in parliament - leaving Uhuru only with Muturi - contrary to 50-50 as earlier.

Uhuru anger showed up immediately after swearing in - when Ruto no longer appear in SH in matching tie - after Mbugua become comptroller. Then Handshake happened and the rest is history.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2019, 04:12:54 PM »
I think Ruto crew will be booted one by one. But that's conjecture - just like BBI is a scarecrow. Time will tell.

Of course I don't buy Jubilee wars are engineered by Kibicho - who summon CSs and entire machinery. It plain Uhuruto fallout.

You're focusing on smoke screens. Jubilee gov - a 50-50 deal btw Uhuru and Ruto are busy working. There is not much Ruto has lost - maybe the Chairman of Kenya Film and Netball agencies that were given to Raila.

Ruto is being fought by power-brokers around Uhuru - as they realize power is slipping away from their hands - and I think whole referendum/BBI is a scare-scrow. There is no way GEMA will agree to go parliamentary - and if they do - I would advice Ruto to go for it.

In my view BBI is a bridge to nowhere.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2019, 04:42:25 PM »
Building Bridges was gazetted after Handshake - complete with chairman, sitting senators and secretariat. You called it a wazee baraza :) The mandate to advise GoK on how to address "historical injustice", electoral squabbles, etc - was also included. They are gathering views on how to adress these myriad problems - it mere coincidence that folks all over - including CoG - have asked for more devolution, Fida and Maendeleo and Karuas want 1/3, etc - they are entirely open minded and considering all views :) Ruto should have asked his crew to present opposing views instead of boycotting. Basically BBI was a big one - blank check - to use against Ruto. It why I say Handshake is a successful Trojan Horse 2.

It not illegal - unless the argument is funding? GoK fund many things which have no legal basis. How does that affect BBI? Perhaps sue Rotich? BBI is a basis for the questions in the popular initiative - so they are not accused of imposing parliamentary - cause they gathered views countrywide.

You can claim Aukot - once he come up with referendum questions - was funded by drug money to facilitate gathering views.  How does that invalidate the initiative? Of course it doesn't.

The requirement is 1M signatures, IEBC approval, simple majority in 24 counties,  MPs simple majority, rederendum simple majority. Of course it a longdrawn fight - which is a big wedge and last straw in Jubilee.

It's funded by taxpayers money - and yet it's not gazetted or does it have any legal backing. Anyway, it's just a waste of time. It will meet a brick wall soon when it taken through the motions - courts, IEBCS, 48 counties, parliament and finally a referendum if it's get there.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2019, 04:55:22 PM »
The best propaganda is made of lies mired in the truth. Very lethal concoction.

The losers are bitterly complaining....and trying to exert their revenge.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2019, 06:48:59 AM »
Yes, do not forget the judiciary will be called to intervene - so yes this will be long drawn out battle. Let us have BBI report in October. I wonder when Raila and Uhuru will present their proposal there?
The requirement is 1M signatures, IEBC approval, simple majority in 24 counties,  MPs simple majority, rederendum simple majority. Of course it a longdrawn fight - which is a big wedge and last straw in Jubilee.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2019, 11:46:31 AM »
ODM gave its proposal - along with all their counties and all other parties. It's basically Jubilee that's been left out due to squabbles. People gave their proposals everywhere including the diaspora.

Kiunjuri backyard Nyeri want inclusion

Here's Ruto boy Kiraitu proposing parliamentary

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001304419/expand-executive-to-end-conflicts-kiraitu

Pwani - Kingi and Joho - want federal and parliamentary

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Joho-and-Kingi-push-for-three-tier-government/3126390-4882434-format-xhtml-pgxxhaz/index.html

Yes, do not forget the judiciary will be called to intervene - so yes this will be long drawn out battle. Let us have BBI report in October. I wonder when Raila and Uhuru will present their proposal there?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2019, 02:30:42 PM »
Nowhere has Kiraitu or anybody in Central called for Parliamentary System (ODM affair). I think they want inclusion. They want NARA - more flower girls - to placate other regions.  ODM has made it's clear thro Raila - he wants parliamentary + 3 tier devolution. Coast obviously wants Majimbo - federalism.

Ruto and co will obviously not go through this BBI. If need I think they will come with their counter-proposal - Ruto wants old constitution back :) basically leader of opposition - because face it - expanded executive will not mean a loser like Raila will join gov - it's the Duales who will get those jobs. So it doesn't really solve the problem of winner-take-it-all.

BBI is talk shop - not recognized in law. It's not any different from Turkana boy thing.

ODM gave its proposal - along with all their counties and all other parties. It's basically Jubilee that's been left out due to squabbles. People gave their proposals everywhere including the diaspora.

Kiunjuri backyard Nyeri want inclusion

Here's Ruto boy Kiraitu proposing parliamentary

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001304419/expand-executive-to-end-conflicts-kiraitu

Pwani - Kingi and Joho - want federal and parliamentary

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Joho-and-Kingi-push-for-three-tier-government/3126390-4882434-format-xhtml-pgxxhaz/index.html