Author Topic: Look like SGR to Kisumu & malaba - aint happenning soon.  (Read 15940 times)

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Look like SGR to Kisumu & malaba - aint happenning soon.
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2019, 03:47:13 PM »
Nitpicking as usual. We are in tech revolution that is akin to industrial one - and Konza is a long term vision; already we've turned a desolate desert into a promised land. We have two comittment or investment from KAIST and Huwaei - once we get a few more - Konza will get the momentum it needs.

I too have seen and read the PR.  I'll have to get some more information on the Huawei one.   I have a bit more information on the Korean one. It all depends on a loan to Kenya.   So, the first question, again, is this: has the agreement on that loan been signed yet?  Let's start there and then see where we can go.

Which desolate desert has been promised land?   Galana so that Kenyans can finally feed themselves?   I don't think so.  Konza City?   Year after year, and with never-ending promises of "first building!", it is still a dusty patch in the middle of nowhere, with nobody in resident.  You need to upgrade your idea of a "promised land".    :D
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2019, 10:11:43 PM »
RV Pundit mwanamambo :D

MOON Ki is very right.. the FDI, growth to middle income economy, etc - happen inspite of GoK incompetence. In particular Jubilee's wanton wastage - clumsily adopting Kibakinomics - without his thrift and the post-Moi clean slate. To imagine what $5B could do.. instead it lies there in waste - just so Uhuru can pocket loot. The Dams? oh well! the kickbacks are glittering all around but someone assures us they will soon materialize into reality.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2019, 08:46:21 AM »
You're just dishonest. If economy just grew without Jubilee - why wasn't it doing as good during previous regime.Jubilee have done way better than Kibaki regime. The evidence is staring at you - but you twist, turn and do all sort of acrobatics to deny the obvious - Jubilee 1.0 did a great job - all thanks to the brilliance, the discipline and the execution of dynamic duo - Uhuru is the big picture guy - Ruto is the hands on get it done.

Fact is Jubilee inherited at 50-55B in 2013/2014 - and by end of this year - the economy will have exceeded 100B dollars - average growth of nearly 6 %.

MOON Ki is very right.. the FDI, growth to middle income economy, etc - happen inspite of GoK incompetence. In particular Jubilee's wanton wastage - clumsily adopting Kibakinomics - without his thrift and the post-Moi clean slate. To imagine what $5B could do.. instead it lies there in waste - just so Uhuru can pocket loot. The Dams? oh well! the kickbacks are glittering all around but someone assures us they will soon materialize into reality.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2019, 10:23:41 AM »
Run $55B at 5.6% over 5yrs see if you get 100B... who's really the spinner here? 8)

We all admit some easy wins by Jubilee - free maternity, TIVET, FSE, good pri-2-sec transition, rural & city roads; - i could add last-mile but the results yet in are not all that. Folks still burning charcoal & firewood tells you they don't use power cos it too costly. The common thread about the solid achievements is they needed no mega-loan from the Chinese or Eurobonds.

Now don't get us started again on the thud SGR cheque. I don't oppose stuff like Konza - good idea poor execution esp under Jubilee. Uhuruto don't hold a candle to Kibadinga - plain truth. If you just consider the misplaced SGR, voodoo dams, Galana GMOs, debt mountain  - the incompetence and heartlessness involved - you find not just Fat Joe Uhuru but your hero is no visionary nor efficient nor anything heroic. His dams are Pattni fake gold. :) Ruto is just Moi with a PhD in corruption.

You're just dishonest. If economy just grew without Jubilee - why wasn't it doing as good during previous regime.Jubilee have done way better than Kibaki regime. The evidence is staring at you - but you twist, turn and do all sort of acrobatics to deny the obvious - Jubilee 1.0 did a great job - all thanks to the brilliance, the discipline and the execution of dynamic duo - Uhuru is the big picture guy - Ruto is the hands on get it done.

Fact is Jubilee inherited at 50-55B in 2013/2014 - and by end of this year - the economy will have exceeded 100B dollars - average growth of nearly 6 %.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2019, 11:10:18 AM »
Nominal GDP is product of growth rate and currency appreciation or depriciation against the USD. Jubilee have done very well macro-economically that is why we have low interest (albeit capped), very stable currency (Africa strongest) and inflation way below target. So nominal gdp has grown by 6% and currency has appreciated by another 2-3% year on year - from highs from 107 (at one point in Kibaki era when Kimunya was pulling his hairs) to now when it's been stable at 100.

You cannot deny that Jubilee execution has been very good - at least in 1.0 - gov operated like mean machined. SGR is BIGGEST - and will define Uhuru. Uhuru delivered the railway in 3yrs to MSA. That is unprecedented in these shores. Uhuru had to sit in monthly if not weekly meetings to clear roadblocks. Ruto basically dusted NARA idea of road annuity and got the new road designs for low volume road done & dusted - and took it on - they got into problems - and they worked on that - I know Ps Mosonik - the man was working all weekends - and Ruto was working the phones - the results 7,000 new roads - all the previous regime in 50yrs managed to construct only 11,000kms!!. Talk about electricity - UhuRuto were all over - in very humbles abodes of poor kenya - connecting electricty. The results is has been duped  the WORLD FASTEST ELECTRIFICATION -faster than when US was electrifying.  Jubilee found I think about 2.4M KPLC (about 30%) connections - by now it's well into 7M(70%). And they haven't done 10yrs. The same with electricity generations....jubilee have nearly double capacity...they targetted 5,000MW but demand flattered..but still got nearly 3,000Mw.

Don't even talk about dams. Jubilee have constructed according to Ruto about 6,000 small dams and water pan, 57 Mega dams are under construction (including one that will fix Kulana Galana lack of sufficient water in river galana).

Such a shame Uhuru has allowed Raila to bring his confusion to a mean machine that was working.

Let not talk about laptops ; all schools electrified; tablets and laptops for teacher delivered.

Let not talk about many other projects - including devolution -

Alchoholism and other social ills have also been dealt with.

Jubilee delivered smart cameras in Nairobi and Mombasa...10B plus Huwaei project.

The economy has grown - and it's self evident.

Run $55B at 5.6% over 5yrs see if you get 100B... who's really the spinner here? 8)

We all admit some easy wins by Jubilee - free maternity, TIVET, FSE, good pri-2-sec transition, rural & city roads; - i could add last-mile but the results yet in are not all that. Folks still burning charcoal & firewood tells you they don't use power cos it too costly. The common thread about the solid achievements is they needed no mega-loan from the Chinese or Eurobonds.

Now don't get us started again on the thud SGR cheque. I don't oppose stuff like Konza - good idea poor execution esp under Jubilee. Uhuruto don't hold a candle to Kibadinga - plain truth. If you just consider the misplaced SGR, voodoo dams, Galana GMOs, debt mountain  - the incompetence and heartlessness involved - you find not just Fat Joe Uhuru but your hero is no visionary nor efficient nor anything heroic. His dams are Pattni fake gold. :) Ruto is just Moi with a PhD in corruption.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2019, 11:28:04 AM »
Pundit so where are the 6000 dams? Folks were dehydrating n starving to death barely a fortnite ago - all usual ASAL places - until the rains fell from heaven. Do the dams have teething problems?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
Elec.. we said "last-center" - to schools or villagetowns is ok. Peasants are better off with dirt cheap M-kopa solar - which Ruto if he was not a fake genius would have partnered with. The cost speaks for itself - why was Ngilu kicking out Gema from her charcoal economy - with all the last-miles? Deforestation is not only fueled by Ruto backwardness of "mvua inatoka mbinguni" or corruption - but demand from peasants who can't afford power. These are the millions of households that have never flipped the bulb - KPLC meters read zero.

You see, just like SGR - development is not the buildings and the steel or the power lines - it's THINKING - is off-grid power better? is new SGR necessary? can we restore forest cover? Ruto or Uhuru long meetings - or office 5am - mean nothing so long as their thinking is mediocre.

This is what I mean by Jubilee is hare-brained - most stuff is sub-optimal or out of place. We can debate about the ground effect of "6% growth", "$100B", "upper middle income" - hyperbole peddled by Ruto and the lurkies he has bought for cheap - Khalwales, Kurias n Nyoros - @30 pieces of silver.

Survey after survey - Wanjiku n Chebet or Khadija are not feeling anything good from all these "growth" - in fact they are worse off - straight from the horses mouth.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2019, 12:55:36 PM »
Jubilee (partyly Nara) have removed 10% of kenya (4M) from poverty - poverty rate has dropped from 46% to 35% now from 2006 to 2015 - absolute poverty has also reduced.

Mkopa and all the NGO nonsense don't work. Except very few. I have done a lot of evaluation of these NGOS - and despite all billions of dollars sunk - there is simply no impact - and if any it's mostly negative impact

What works is completing those 57 mega dams - that will provide water to many areas and also provide irrigations. Small little water project except gravity one have been shown to be just ineffective and too costly. The same with little off-grid or solar systems - they are just stop gap measures.

Ultimately we need to invest in REAL INFRASTRUCTURE - not little gadget to works sometimes - but whenever possible people need roads, rails, electricity,water, sewage....and we have to SPEND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Elec.. we said "last-center" - to schools or villagetowns is ok. Peasants are better off with dirt cheap M-kopa solar - which Ruto if he was not a fake genius would have partnered with. The cost speaks for itself - why was Ngilu kicking out Gema from her charcoal economy - with all the last-miles? Deforestation is not only fueled by Ruto backwardness of "mvua inatoka mbinguni" or corruption - but demand from peasants who can't afford power. These are the millions of households that have never flipped the bulb - KPLC meters read zero.

You see, just like SGR - development is not the buildings and the steel or the power lines - it's THINKING - is off-grid power better? is new SGR necessary? can we restore forest cover? Ruto or Uhuru long meetings - or office 5am - mean nothing so long as their thinking is mediocre.

This is what I mean by Jubilee is hare-brained - most stuff is sub-optimal or out of place. We can debate about the ground effect of "6% growth", "$100B", "upper middle income" - hyperbole peddled by Ruto and the lurkies he has bought for cheap - Khalwales, Kurias n Nyoros - @30 pieces of silver.

Survey after survey - Wanjiku n Chebet or Khadija are not feeling anything good from all these "growth" - in fact they are worse off - straight from the horses mouth.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2019, 01:14:26 PM »

Let not talk about laptops ; all schools electrified; tablets and laptops for teacher delivered.

You are not even ashamed to mention that project that failed even before it took off. If only our parliament was working instead of spreading 2022 siasa, it would question where all those billions spent on the project went to.

Let not talk about many other projects - including devolution -

On that issue Jubilee has not try to improve on devolution. Infact the opposite is the fact.

Alchoholism and other social ills have also been dealt with.
:D :D :D
Under Jubilee the new alcoholism is betting. A cancer that is slure and slowly killing the youth of Kenya.
Btw, only Kingdomcome can eradicate social evils.

Jubilee delivered smart cameras in Nairobi and Mombasa...10B plus Huwaei project.

That project is a total failure. Give me one case where crime case was solved using those cameras.
This just like SGR was a project for some persons to eat.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2019, 03:29:53 PM »
Where are the 6000 dams and why are people & animals still starving to death? Don't skirt around this.

Any actual complete mega-dam? Last I checked CMC di Rivena was going bankrupt - and Ruto and his crooks had spirited the blood money at Westlands.

Once gain, you list any achievements - and none include big loans in $B range.

Jubilee (partyly Nara) have removed 10% of kenya (4M) from poverty - poverty rate has dropped from 46% to 35% now from 2006 to 2015 - absolute poverty has also reduced.

Mkopa and all the NGO nonsense don't work. Except very few. I have done a lot of evaluation of these NGOS - and despite all billions of dollars sunk - there is simply no impact - and if any it's mostly negative impact

What works is completing those 57 mega dams - that will provide water to many areas and also provide irrigations. Small little water project except gravity one have been shown to be just ineffective and too costly. The same with little off-grid or solar systems - they are just stop gap measures.

Ultimately we need to invest in REAL INFRASTRUCTURE - not little gadget to works sometimes - but whenever possible people need roads, rails, electricity,water, sewage....and we have to SPEND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2019, 04:05:52 PM »
Kadudu don't interrupt the party. Anything to sanctify Jubilee & Ruto's incompetence - Uhuru is thrown in for flavor. The amazing low bar Pundit holds for Jubilee so he can paint Regular Joe as Kagame.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2019, 04:26:17 PM »
Pundit has become Jubilee's court poet. Worse than Peter Oloo Aringo those days of arap Moi.

Kadudu don't interrupt the party. Anything to sanctify Jubilee & Ruto's incompetence - Uhuru is thrown in for flavor. The amazing low bar Pundit holds for Jubilee so he can paint Regular Joe as Kagame.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2019, 04:29:42 PM »
In his defense i understand he would be a straight beneficiary in Rutocracy.

Pundit has become Jubilee's court poet. Worse than Peter Oloo Aringo those days of arap Moi.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2019, 10:31:00 AM »
Rotich: 61 per cent of your tax will go to debt repayment from July

Half of the expected total revenue collection including appropriation-in-aid of Sh2.1 trillion during the financial year will be spent on loan repayment.

In Summary

The country is expected to spend Sh366.4 billion on interest payment alone.

Debt servicing obligation is expected to rise in the next three years as more loans mature.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2019-05-02-rotich-61-per-cent-of-your-tax-will-go-to-debt-repayment-from-july/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »

Damn lies.
Rotich: 61 per cent of your tax will go to debt repayment from July

Half of the expected total revenue collection including appropriation-in-aid of Sh2.1 trillion during the financial year will be spent on loan repayment.

In Summary

The country is expected to spend Sh366.4 billion on interest payment alone.

Debt servicing obligation is expected to rise in the next three years as more loans mature.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2019-05-02-rotich-61-per-cent-of-your-tax-will-go-to-debt-repayment-from-july/

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2019, 11:23:42 AM »
Then bring us the exact figures if you have insider information from the Treasury.

Damn lies.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2019, 01:21:21 PM »
Basic math - 20% of 6T  is 1.2T - typical loan repayment p.a. Under Jubilee debt has grown 3X - with revenue 2X. Net hasara.

Then bring us the exact figures if you have insider information from the Treasury.

Damn lies.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2019, 11:29:32 AM »
Let me break it down for some of you; We intend borrow about 6B dollars and we will use about 5.5B to repay loans. Our loans are about half domestic and half external. In short we are just rolling over debt and adding small bit (about 0.5B) annually. 5.5B is just shy of 30% of 18B KRA has been asked to collect next year.The remainder of the money - around 21B dollars (18B dollars being taxes & 3B being AIA - license fee, fines, small charges by ministries & agencies) - we use about 17B (salaries I think takes around 5B dollars) for recurrent expenditure - leaving about 5B dollars for national development. We also send about 4B to counties...who also reserve about 1-1.5B for development. So in total we are spending about 6B on development - both at counties & national - mostly on building roads (lion share). We have annual infrastructure deficit of maybe 5-6B - so we are not doing badly -- out of 6B - we probably spending 4B on infrastructure - so we just need to add another 2-3B annually to be able to bridge that infrastructure deficit say in 10yrs. This is where Ruto comes in - and sells Safaricom & hopefully more privatization to get extra bucks - we need to build roads, bridges, dams, pipelines, power stations, ports, railways, electricity transmission and water & sewage systems

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Treasury-unveils-Sh2-7trn-budget/1056-5095238-eioxjr/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2019, 12:09:43 PM »
Let me break it down for some of you; We intend borrow about 6B dollars and we will use about 5.5B to repay loans. Our loans are about half domestic and half external. In short we are just rolling over debt and adding small bit (about 0.5B) annually. 5.5B is just shy of 30% of 18B KRA has been asked to collect next year.The remainder of the money - around 21B dollars (18B dollars being taxes & 3B being AIA - license fee, fines, small charges by ministries & agencies) - we use about 17B (salaries I think takes around 5B dollars) for recurrent expenditure - leaving about 5B dollars for national development. We also send about 4B to counties...who also reserve about 1-1.5B for development. So in total we are spending about 6B on development - both at counties & national - mostly on building roads (lion share). We have annual infrastructure deficit of maybe 5-6B - so we are not doing badly -- out of 6B - we probably spending 4B on infrastructure - so we just need to add another 2-3B annually to be able to bridge that infrastructure deficit say in 10yrs. This is where Ruto comes in - and sells Safaricom & hopefully more privatization to get extra bucks - we need to build roads, bridges, dams, pipelines, power stations, ports, railways, electricity transmission and water & sewage systems

Nice try you are abit incoherent with the math. Like Ndii. :) So we borrow 6B + collect 18B + 3B AIA = 27B. We repay debt 5.5B + recurrent exp 17B + counties 4B = 26.5B. 0.5B left. National dev 0.5B + Counties dev 1.5B is 2B total on development. Where is the 6B from? Then we borrow 2-3B ("to plug deficit") on top of the 6B we already borrowed? you lost me there.