Author Topic: Battle to succeed Uhuru in Central gathers momentum  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Battle to succeed Uhuru in Central gathers momentum
« on: April 14, 2019, 02:55:09 PM »
Pundit come here. I think Anne Waiguru should be the next Central kingpin not this wa Iria fellow. Definitely not the foul-mouthed Kuria.  Is GEMA ready for a matriarch? kaa hapa US 1st world bado.

I also think Uhuru can wedge Ruto's team seriously if he endorses say PK. And say Munya in Meru. Kikuyus would fall in line behind PK and abandon Ruto - Merus would crack into pieces.

Battle to succeed Uhuru in Central gathers momentum

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Battle-to-succeed-Uhuru-in-Central-gathers-momentum/3126390-5070684-ef6v2mz/index.html
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Battle to succeed Uhuru in Central gathers momentum
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 06:41:20 PM »
Waiguru has charisma.Kiunjuri has the knack, the experience and is good kikuyu orator.Wa iria has zero chills.PK has screwed himself.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 11:11:06 PM »
It seems you're stuck with Kiunjuri as the most potent Uhuru successor? Based on what - the man could not even beat Kibaki nephew for Laikipia governor. I have not seen anything to indicate Kiunjuri's mettle - especially with his shrubbing and ushamba he has no appeal at all outside Kikuyuland. PK remains a better leader in those lines - very easy to sell nationally - if only he could figure out how to wipe his nose.

I think it's looking up for Waiguru. Ruto can kill two birds with one stone - GEMA + plus appeal to women - by picking her as a runningmate. She doesn't help him on the integrity side but this is Kenya so no biggie there. I admit I personally do like her personality - jolly and feminine yet confident.  A smooth operator who mingles effortlessly to line up allies. She took no time to smash the toxic "iron lady" Martha Karua, and has navigated the NYS saga with such grace - shooing it off as nothing - almost smoother than Ruto here. 8) Doesn't make much of her gender - which is smart for still patriarchal GEMA and Kenya or Africa.

Sorry to pitch - and yes I feel duplicitous on integrity - but I like Anne Waiguru the leader and the person.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 03:58:47 AM »
Gema folks have only leaned on moneyed folks to lead them. Kiujuri, wa iria and fake muthungu aka peter Kenneth lack pedigree. Waiguru might have stolen enough but her ndia ancestry cannot sell beyond her county.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »
Kiunjuri is a heavy lifter that would be an asset to Ruto if Uhuru was to not 100% committal. Of course, many people don't think he is ready for PORK. Waiguru is more refined but her political CV is very thin. Kindikis is just a paper weight. The merus just don't have good candidate - Munya aint good enough. Honestly, PK screwed himself up - by going for PORK instead of Muranga Governorship - right now he would be in his second term - and ready for prime time as DPORK.

Anyway not looking good for GEMA at the moment. They lack a leader with national appeal that can step in for Uhuru. Luhyas can nick DPORK if they play ball (meaning united and present one candidate for DPORK)..Uhuru is totally confused...and may leave GEMA high and dry.

Ruto I think still has 1) Kiunjuri as first pick 2) Waiguru second pick 3) Wa Iria 3rd pick and 4) possibly Luhya candidate and 5) possibly Meru candidate.

It seems you're stuck with Kiunjuri as the most potent Uhuru successor? Based on what - the man could not even beat Kibaki nephew for Laikipia governor. I have not seen anything to indicate Kiunjuri's mettle - especially with his shrubbing and ushamba he has no appeal at all outside Kikuyuland. PK remains a better leader in those lines - very easy to sell nationally - if only he could figure out how to wipe his nose.

I think it's looking up for Waiguru. Ruto can kill two birds with one stone - GEMA + plus appeal to women - by picking her as a runningmate. She doesn't help him on the integrity side but this is Kenya so no biggie there. I admit I personally do like her personality - jolly and feminine yet confident.  A smooth operator who mingles effortlessly to line up allies. She took no time to smash the toxic "iron lady" Martha Karua, and has navigated the NYS saga with such grace - shooing it off as nothing - almost smoother than Ruto here. 8) Doesn't make much of her gender - which is smart for still patriarchal GEMA and Kenya or Africa.

Sorry to pitch - and yes I feel duplicitous on integrity - but I like Anne Waiguru the leader and the person.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 09:28:39 AM »
Mwangi wa kiunjuri can't even be elected as a governor in central (laikipia). GEMA are furious with him concerning agriculture docket, it'd be nice if people listened more to vernacular stations to take a pulse of the gema electorate. Wa iria is having a hard time fighting off the rich muranga tycoons. Waiguru hasn't achieved anything in kirinyaga other than PR moves like supposedly selling coffee directly in America. GEMA doesn't need " a leader" in general GEMA is looking more inwards. Moses kuria is getting quite popular cause he's raising issues affecting GEMA. He's the only one who's openly opposing jubilee and residents are responding. He's vulgar but boy he really does have a following that's growing. Gema have realized that having your own as president or deputy it means nothing.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 09:55:57 AM »
Unfair to load all agri issues on Kiunjuri who has been CS for a year now - Kiunjuri can sell in Kikuyu diaspora of Laikipia & Nakuru - and possibly Nyeri. Moses kuria is making the right noise..but he is Uhuru Mp in Gatundu South and is dead on arrival nationally. I think Wa Iria if he is smart - can make it - he needs to get closer to Ruto - Muranga feels this is their time - so Wa Iria can rally behind them - but he is of course a political toddler. Sadly the brilliant Nyeri governor died - that would have been a good choice. PK miscalculated - not once - but twice - that aint the pedigree you need.

I am surprised Waiguru has done little..Joyce and Ngilu are really doing great - and holding the women flag high.

Gema are disappointed because Uhuru has gone MIA - he has failed to provide leadership. I think once he bought Raila - Uhuru realized he doesn't need to worry about anything - he has Ruto hanging there - waiting for 2022 endorsement - and he has Raila on the other line also waiting for a deal. Uhuru will play - both Jubilee and NASA - until the last minute - so he becomes relevant and not lame-duck.

Mwangi wa kiunjuri can't even be elected as a governor in central (laikipia). GEMA are furious with him concerning agriculture docket, it'd be nice if people listened more to vernacular stations to take a pulse of the gema electorate. Wa iria is having a hard time fighting off the rich muranga tycoons. Waiguru hasn't achieved anything in kirinyaga other than PR moves like supposedly selling coffee directly in America. GEMA doesn't need " a leader" in general GEMA is looking more inwards. Moses kuria is getting quite popular cause he's raising issues affecting GEMA. He's the only one who's openly opposing jubilee and residents are responding. He's vulgar but boy he really does have a following that's growing. Gema have realized that having your own as president or deputy it means nothing.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:28:36 AM »
Unfair to load all agri issues on Kiunjuri who has been CS for a year now - Kiunjuri can sell in Kikuyu diaspora of Laikipia & Nakuru - and possibly Nyeri. Moses kuria is making the right noise..but he is Uhuru Mp in Gatundu South and is dead on arrival nationally. I think Wa Iria if he is smart - can make it - he needs to get closer to Ruto - Muranga feels this is their time - so Wa Iria can rally behind them - but he is of course a political toddler. Sadly the brilliant Nyeri governor died - that would have been a good choice. PK miscalculated - not once - but twice - that aint the pedigree you need.

I am surprised Waiguru has done little..Joyce and Ngilu are really doing great - and holding the women flag high.

Gema are disappointed because Uhuru has gone MIA - he has failed to provide leadership. I think once he bought Raila - Uhuru realized he doesn't need to worry about anything - he has Ruto hanging there - waiting for 2022 endorsement - and he has Raila on the other line also waiting for a deal. Uhuru will play - both Jubilee and NASA - until the last minute - so he becomes relevant and not lame-duck.

On kiunjuri, the most egregious proposal on agriculture have  come under his watch. kiunjuri is unpopular with any farming community in Gema region. That includes laikipia and nakuru. Uhuru can go MIA, kibaki used to do that. What matters is the policies affecting local economies. There's no sector that's really thriving, horticulture is under immense regulation pressure. Governor of laikipia Nderitu murithi is the best performing GEMA governor and probably the country and its only his first term.
Kuria is a revolt voice against jubilee and its resonating. The likes of moderate voices e.g mutahi kagwe are bound to make comebacks even martha karua.  Gema doesn't need a deputy or president, we need federalism, serious deregulation, liberalization and net an economically freer country. Kenya needs to be the top in africa economic freedom index https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_Economic_Freedom 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 10:48:37 AM »
I think you're conflating your personal wishes with community wishes.
Gema doesn't need a deputy or president, we need federalism, serious deregulation, liberalization and net an economically freer country. Kenya needs to be the top in africa economic freedom index https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_Economic_Freedom 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 12:05:06 PM »
I think so too. All communities are suffering cause the big growth is GoK driven -  agric issues and credit crunch, etc affects many regions. Pundit is right about GEMA entitlement - especially Murang'a and Meru feel it's their turn. The quandary of these guys like Kiunjuri is Uhuru's lack of clarity. You want to be on his right side, but don't know his stand, cause if you back Ruto - he can back your rival and kill you. Noone will seriously emerge until it's clear Uhuru is exiting.

Gema doesn't need a deputy or president, we need federalism, serious deregulation, liberalization and net an economically freer country. Kenya needs to be the top in africa economic freedom index https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_Economic_Freedom 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 12:42:03 PM »
Precisely. Uhuru has GEMA nation and the whole Nation thoroughly confused - because he is sending mixed signals - and enjoying himself as Ruto & Raila shadow-box - all too keen not to irritate the man. But he has small window to enjoy - as we approach 2022 - he will become lame-duck - and nobody will listen to him. I think a Kiunjuri or Mwangi or even PK or Waiguru - can take the initiaitve like Moses Kuria has done - and make Uhuru lame-duck earlier. Kiunjuri if he gets fired - will be dangerous - I hope Uhuru is not stupid to do that - he already demonstrated through his party and the purge of old mps (wrongly attributed to Ruto) that he knows how to work - he is also not that poor - he claimed to be worth 1B kshs - when he was doing wealth declarations.

Anyway Uhuru still the GEMA king until someone figures out what he is really after - and the man to do that is Ruto - Ruto has to stir the hornest nest early enough

I think so too. All communities are suffering cause the big growth is GoK driven -  agric issues and credit crunch, etc affects many regions. Pundit is right about GEMA entitlement - especially Murang'a and Meru feel it's their turn. The quandary of these guys like Kiunjuri is Uhuru's lack of clarity. You want to be on his right side, but don't know his stand, cause if you back Ruto - he can back your rival and kill you. Noone will seriously emerge until it's clear Uhuru is exiting.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 02:34:46 PM »
Ruto's indecisive too on GEMA -afraid anyone he picks will be offed by Uhuru. Ruto's also facing the region dilemma - all big tribes want PORK or DPORK - so if Ruto goes Luhya - Raila goes GEMA. It's a wait-&-see dining philosophers scenario.

I see a Ruto-Kiunjuri v Raila-PK or such - GEMA fulcrum - as possible. Referendum remains a big spanner that can unsettle the billiard.

Precisely. Uhuru has GEMA nation and the whole Nation thoroughly confused - because he is sending mixed signals - and enjoying himself as Ruto & Raila shadow-box - all too keen not to irritate the man. But he has small window to enjoy - as we approach 2022 - he will become lame-duck - and nobody will listen to him. I think a Kiunjuri or Mwangi or even PK or Waiguru - can take the initiaitve like Moses Kuria has done - and make Uhuru lame-duck earlier. Kiunjuri if he gets fired - will be dangerous - I hope Uhuru is not stupid to do that - he already demonstrated through his party and the purge of old mps (wrongly attributed to Ruto) that he knows how to work - he is also not that poor - he claimed to be worth 1B kshs - when he was doing wealth declarations.

Anyway Uhuru still the GEMA king until someone figures out what he is really after - and the man to do that is Ruto - Ruto has to stir the hornest nest early enough

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 03:09:39 PM »
Ruto's indecisive too on GEMA -afraid anyone he picks will be offed by Uhuru. Ruto's also facing the region dilemma - all big tribes want PORK or DPORK - so if Ruto goes Luhya - Raila goes GEMA. It's a wait-&-see dining philosophers scenario.

I see a Ruto-Kiunjuri v Raila-PK or such - GEMA fulcrum - as possible. Referendum remains a big spanner that can unsettle the billiard.

Ruto with GEMA VP is his best chance.  Yet it is a redux of 2017.  A losing proposition barring an election boycott by the opponent.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »

Ruto with GEMA VP is his best chance.  Yet it is a redux of 2017.  A losing proposition barring an election boycott by the opponent.

Ruto as Enemy of the State has a mountain to climb. The signals from Atwolis are not good. He was bought off to back Uhuru 2012 and it's payback time.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 04:12:08 PM »
Ruto plan A is GEMA (Jubilee) - Plan B is to work with Luhyas (possibly try to win Kakamega and Bungoma) - and of course Ruto need to win at least 30% of direct support - and I think he already does that  - Gusii is the problematic area - but he has headway in Coast ( he needs to buy Amason Kingi off and he can seal off Mijikenda & related - because Raila's will stick to Joho). Ruto has Kamatusa (turkanas have finally abandoned Raila). He has Somalis and related pastoralists. That already give him about 17 counties to start with....including 10 where Kalenjin are present in some numbers ...BOMET,ELGEYO MARAKWET,POKOT,KERICHO,NANDI,UASIN GISHU,NAKURU,NAROK,BARINGO,TRANS NZOIA,BUNGOMA - MATUSA -KAJIADO,LAIKIPIA,TURKANA,SAMBURU - SOMALI & RELATED - WAJIR/GARISSA/MANDERA/ISIOLO/MARSABIT - and possibly TANA RIVER- Those are now mostly under LOCK & KEY - RUTO can play big in many parts of Western, Gusii & Kuria and Coast of course.So Ruto's maths look really good without even factoring GEMA.

Ruto need to concentrate on Luhyaland - Bungoma, Kakamega and possibly Busia (Iteso can play ball easily). And in areas where he can't play like Ukambani - try to sponsors 2 or 3 candidates to split the vote up. He also need to pry away Amason Kingi & Giriams - and that should give him enough force to kick Joho and his arab financiers at bay.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 08:08:18 AM »
Yes  :D :D the federalism, deregulation and liberalization is my interpretation of what's needed. Clearly gema people are unhappy lot cause their economic activities aren't improving. This is unanimous across the board. So being offered a deputy position is irrelevant to them they already had a president who has done nothing if not  impoverished them. So of late if you listen to vernacular stations, the locals are wondering how to improve their welfare, becoming more insular and localized. They're more concerned about dairy industry, new agriculture regulations, coffee prices etc. That's why Kiunjuri is a none starter.
Having said that , the war on Ruto is backfiring. Its either the fight against corruption is done holistically to include uhuru side of government or Ruto will successfully play the victim.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »
I think GEMA are getting a kick from Uganda imports - of eggs, fruits, milk and name it. But they are way better - than say North Rift maize farmers - who have been completed demolished by Uganda maize --- and finally abandoned by gov. GEMA is in tea & horticulture - which are doing great - so I don't understand the complaints. Maybe the interest rate capping - has squeeze credit - coz I know GEMA likes to leverage loans.The reality for kenya farming community is there is need to go high tech -  low tech will be eaten by Uganda - and maybe Ethiopean soon enough.

Yes  :D :D the federalism, deregulation and liberalization is my interpretation of what's needed. Clearly gema people are unhappy lot cause their economic activities aren't improving. This is unanimous across the board. So being offered a deputy position is irrelevant to them they already had a president who has done nothing if not  impoverished them. So of late if you listen to vernacular stations, the locals are wondering how to improve their welfare, becoming more insular and localized. They're more concerned about dairy industry, new agriculture regulations, coffee prices etc. That's why Kiunjuri is a none starter.
Having said that , the war on Ruto is backfiring. Its either the fight against corruption is done holistically to include uhuru side of government or Ruto will successfully play the victim.