Author Topic: Pundit won't like this  (Read 9596 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Pundit won't like this
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2019, 05:38:55 PM »
Ruto is not using Al-shabaab and RV warriors, guys, lol. In fact, all the loot he has acquired is even more reason not to give himself another unnecessary headache like he'd get from a 2007 repeat. He'll fight politically, and if he wins sawa; if not, he'll try another political route. No one is taking himself through that ICC ordeal again, this I feel certain: at least not before he is already in power and can pull an Al-Bashir. Anyone who remembers Ruto bursting into tears like a boy on TV knows very well this is not happening in Kenya again. :D Dude was the one on the dock, after all, not his fan base.

It's just posturing and banter. Don't take nipate that seriously.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2019, 05:44:54 PM »
Ruto is not using Al-shabaab and RV warriors, guys, lol. In fact, all the loot he has acquired is even more reason not to give himself another unnecessary headache like he'd get from a 2007 repeat. He'll fight politically, and if he wins sawa; if not, he'll try another political route. No one is taking himself through that ICC ordeal again, this I feel certain: at least not before he is already in power and can pull an Al-Bashir. Anyone who remembers Ruto bursting into tears like a boy on TV knows very well this is not happening in Kenya again. :D Dude was the one on the dock, after all, not his fan base.

It's just posturing and banter. Don't take nipate that seriously.

Why are you reading my posts as more serious than others, though? Maybe you expect me not to hit Pundit back to prove banter? This is interesting.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2019, 05:50:00 PM »
Only a foolish politician in Kenya won't steal.Kenyans love politician with money and despise poor upright people like us.Miguna got 2 votes, got extradited and had his Runda house demolished ...while the two thieves Kidero and Sonko got 1m each.Sonko a jailbird conman is now Nairobi governor.If you're intelligent like Ruto then you know what works...money and tribal politics.In some countries what works is raising your rebel movement.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2019, 06:12:19 PM »
We get all that - you are pragmatic. And WRONG. The only guarantee under President William Ruto is Kenya would be the most corrupt country globally. Under Jubilee alone we are merely behind Nigeria and Afghanistan. There's nothing visionary about Ruto - borrow & build is not vision - any fool can do it. Corruption has a severe downside that any fantastic efficiency can't nearly compensate.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2019, 06:22:24 PM »
UhuRuto have "leapfrogged" Kenya - from 6th to 2nd on Africa corrupt index. You see all kinds of growth metrics & parameters tossed about - no mention of the big param - called graft sector. Road accidents, dead patients, depleted env & drought, hunger. Even Westgate,Garissa Uni, Dussit attacks - were played by the insidious hand of corruption - as border post folks sell out their souls. Si hata wakubwa wanakula? The malignancy of corruption can be computed as exponential cost - to life, health, wealth, cohesion, peace, - ad nauseum. An open and shamelessly corrupt person has no place in leadership.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2019, 06:35:57 PM »
Kenyans in their wisdom want rich politicians.They know clean pauper is of no use.Jubilee did so well they got 54% and nearly 200mps.So well there is no official Opposition now.The economy is booming.Corruption is just like any crime.Companies don't go around talking about fraud and corruption...they do their core business.Some corruption will always be there..what is killing us is police corruption...that kind of pervasive corruption need to go.Ministry of Interior corruption perception index are out charts.The headline corruption is not the problem...problem is structural corruption at police, chiefs,hospitals, gov offices and courts.We need to put in place systems that make such corruption minimal..for instant free bail or fine for small offences..having cops wear even body cameras...making complicated gov processes easy...all payments digital...Having CCTV in all gov offices..

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2019, 07:04:35 PM »
Amazing how Pundito appreciates the fickleness of RV Warriors. He now has to inject al shabaab to add the scare factor
Ruto controls all the warriors tribes and if come to nasty war...it could easily get out of hand.Ruto has warmed his way to kamatusa+Somali and related.In fact if he wraps coast then he would be where Moi was in most of 90s.My man is sitting pretty now.He just need to deal with Kibicho and get back to running gov.Let Matiangi and Kibicho fail in their huduma number first...
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2019, 07:22:25 PM »
Kenyans in their wisdom want rich politicians.They know clean pauper is of no use.Jubilee did so well they got 54% and nearly 200mps.So well there is no official Opposition now.The economy is booming.Corruption is just like any crime.Companies don't go around talking about fraud and corruption...they do their core business.Some corruption will always be there..what is killing us is police corruption...that kind of pervasive corruption need to go.Ministry of Interior corruption perception index are out charts.The headline corruption is not the problem...problem is structural corruption at police, chiefs,hospitals, gov offices and courts.We need to put in place systems that make such corruption minimal..for instant free bail or fine for small offences..having cops wear even body cameras...making complicated gov processes easy...all payments digital...Having CCTV in all gov offices..

Yes glad you know this mashinani or "small-time" corruption is bad. I say it's dangerous and fatal. Now think of how we got there? - to insidious graft that every cop or borderman partakes? Of course it starts with the symbolic - when PORK like Moi carries cash in sacks - and dish out to school children to dance for him - that's where it leaked to the small man. TKK was Moi's greatest achievement. I posited earlier about the Kalenjin problem - of the raid culture - that makes them overtly corrupt. Ruto is baffled we don't want him to invest in heaven  :) - in church, funeral, harambee - what does that do to the ubiquitous or structural corruption that lets in al Shaabab? Or the traffic cop who lets through the wornout gas truck? Or the forest officer who allows wanton logging? Or the electoral officer who stokes PEV? Or the judge who jails the innocent "rapist"? Or the baron who imports cancer as sugar? Or the brewer who sells poison as liquor? Or you and I? Who has the moral authority to call them out - a modest or moneybag leader?

I am sure Kenyans want all those evils - that is why they want the rich politician. Let us know when you get it.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2019, 07:37:00 PM »
Yes glad you know this mashinani or "small-time" corruption is bad. I say it's dangerous and fatal. Now think of how we got there? - to insidious graft that every cop or borderman partakes? Of course it starts with the symbolic - when PORK like Moi carries cash in sacks - and dish out to school children to dance for him - that's where it leaked to the small man. TKK was Moi's greatest achievement. I posited earlier about the Kalenjin problem - of the raid culture - that makes them overtly corrupt. Ruto is baffled we don't want him to invest in heaven  :) - in church, funeral, harambee - what does that do to the ubiquitous or structural corruption that lets in al Shaabab? Or the traffic cop who lets through the wornout gas truck? Or the forest officer who allows wanton logging? Or the electoral officer who stokes PEV? Or the judge who jails the innocent "rapist"? Or the baron who imports cancer as sugar? Or the brewer who sells poison as liquor? Or you and I? Who has the moral authority to call them out - a modest or moneybag leader?

I am sure Kenyans want all those evils - that is why they want the rich politician. Let us know when you get it.

Methinks a theoretically "good" politician who has looted but has good designs for the future of Kenya would argue instead: "Hey, lets have a convo: we've had a vice in this country. Everyone has eaten. Huge chunks of society are guilty. But we can't keep eating any more; our country will collapse. So let's start afresh. Amnesty for you starting this date and for the big guns, you get to keep your loot if you return this amount to the treasury. But going forward, ukishikwa, shauri yako. We're starting afresh now."

I think most people would think that was somewhat acceptable as a compromise for killing the vice. Not "Anti-corruption war is bad, please stop scaring people."

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2019, 08:30:42 PM »
Yes Kadame, something like that. Pundit thinks efficient policing or cameras can stop it. Of course he's wrong. You build up sentiment by going clean as the leader. Sacking and jailing people. Naming and shaming. Once people get the drift - it will sambaa into a movement. Next they will name, shame, chase and arrest the corrupt cop or politician. But when the leader claims to invest in heaven. So Uhuru while corrupt and lazy - is better just like the mean Kibaki - because they don't tell Wanjiku or the youth it's OK to steal rather than work.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2019, 08:53:27 PM »
I am sure the root of corruption and petty thieving is poverty and poor economy that doesn't allow salaried gov official to live honest life.In Kenya this started in 1970s.The gov having inherited a lean British workforce went on hiring spree filling Africans everywhere in gov.In 1970s when they couldn't keep up with salaries they simply allowed them to do business and the seed of systemic corruption was planted.During Moi time when things got worse in 90s.. corruption became the official policy.The way to fight systemic graft like this difficult coz everyone and everything is corrupted.We need to focus on making graft hard by putting controls.We know the most corrupt are police and yet we do nothing on it.I know after hospitalisation many poor people get deeper into poverty whenever one of their get locked up and police demand 20K bribe..most sell their animals or even land.We need to focus on areas we are doing very badly....gov security services.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2019, 08:57:20 PM »
Nobody has said corruption is okay.Ruto is protesting about Kibicho driven withchunt using CID and DPP.There is a reason why EACC was established and made independent constitutional body.EACC have been more even handed
Yes Kadame, something like that. Pundit thinks efficient policing or cameras can stop it. Of course he's wrong. You build up sentiment by going clean as the leader. Sacking and jailing people. Naming and shaming. Once people get the drift - it will sambaa into a movement. Next they will name, shame, chase and arrest the corrupt cop or politician. But when the leader claims to invest in heaven. So Uhuru while corrupt and lazy - is better just like the mean Kibaki - because they don't tell Wanjiku or the youth it's OK to steal rather than work.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2019, 09:03:05 PM »
Nobody support corruption.But if you start selective investigation and prosecution then we got a problem.Everyone knows everyone is corrupt.The most corrupt at Harambee house are now leading the fight.

Methinks a theoretically "good" politician who has looted but has good designs for the future of Kenya would argue instead: "Hey, lets have a convo: we've had a vice in this country. Everyone has eaten. Huge chunks of society are guilty. But we can't keep eating any more; our country will collapse. So let's start afresh. Amnesty for you starting this date and for the big guns, you get to keep your loot if you return this amount to the treasury. But going forward, ukishikwa, shauri yako. We're starting afresh now."

I think most people would think that was somewhat acceptable as a compromise for killing the vice. Not "Anti-corruption war is bad, please stop scaring people."

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2019, 09:56:15 PM »
Actions speak louder than words. The biggest issue with Ruto - is not even the 1coin or 100B - it's the bizarre routine of donating 5M at the church, 2M at the funeral, 50M for Kogalo, a fuel guzzler for the pastor. What's the problem? - most of us grew up poor - yet have no urges to splatter our affluence, vomit on the guests, stumble over ourselves. Ruto is a very sad example of what a leader should portray.

Nobody has said corruption is okay.Ruto is protesting about Kibicho driven withchunt using CID and DPP.There is a reason why EACC was established and made independent constitutional body.EACC have been more even handed

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2019, 10:01:54 PM »
As for DCI, EACC or DPP - anyone who attempts to battle the corruption embers for any reason - politics, envy, patriorism - is a hero and must be encouraged. Sorry for you but insolong as Rotich or Kiunjuri dipped his snout - am entirely gleeful that he's nailed. The selective or abusive approach he should explain to Odunga.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2019, 10:09:46 PM »
Hiyo ni siasa.Gideon Moi has billions but he is mkono kam and has made zero headway.People have practical problems that requires money.Ask any politician
Actions speak louder than words. The biggest issue with Ruto - is not even the 1coin or 100B - it's the bizarre routine of donating 5M at the church, 2M at the funeral, 50M for Kogalo, a fuel guzzler for the pastor. What's the problem? - most of us grew up poor - yet have no urges to splatter our affluence, vomit on the guests, stumble over ourselves. Ruto is a very sad example of what a leader should portray.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2019, 10:17:31 PM »
We differ in principle or viewpoint. I don't think you're tribal - just wrong - in your discounting integrity vs efficiency math. Once you appreciate the full gruesome effect of graft - you will see it's like a brain tumor or cancer - while developmental aptitude is eating yummy nutritious food. You still die painfully no matter how lovely your abs or looks.

Let alone the other matter of his imaginary efficiency. If you consider the huge log in his eye - I certainly can't feel the iota of any progressive thrift or prowess Mr Ruto has.

Hiyo ni siasa.Gideon Moi has billions but he is mkono kam and has made zero headway.People have practical problems that requires money.Ask any politician