Author Topic: The thief from rift valley has been banned from launching projects  (Read 3763 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: The thief from rift valley has been banned from launching projects
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2019, 01:51:16 AM »
Robina is back???

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2019, 05:42:51 AM »
Robina is back???

O the mess you've made
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2019, 05:47:05 AM »
I highly doubt Kenyans want expanded executive. Ruto will easily campaign against this , bloated executive without benefits to citizenry isn't what kenyans are looking forward to. If its a parliamentary let it be a parliamentary system not some hybrid. Kenyans voting for party instead of  individuals its a bridge too far. Raila should be advocating for more federalism, that'll settle the country. Just my humble opinion.

Ruto could easily consolidate RV-Gema against parliamentary but I think he's too greedy for PORK to risk it. Intrigues ahead.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2019, 07:41:13 AM »
I don't think GEMA will accept parliamentary system anytime soon - and if they did - their political supremacy will end there - they have about the same Mps as Kalenjin -

I don't think Uhuru will fall for PM position in 2022 - it's just stupid desperate idea.

What is going to happen to me is simple. GEMA will realize they really have no option except back Ruto, squeeze 50-50 deal and pick DPORK. That is their best and only option.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2019, 09:04:03 AM »
I don't think GEMA will accept parliamentary system anytime soon - and if they did - their political supremacy will end there - they have about the same Mps as Kalenjin -

I don't think Uhuru will fall for PM position in 2022 - it's just stupid desperate idea.

What is going to happen to me is simple. GEMA will realize they really have no option except back Ruto, squeeze 50-50 deal and pick DPORK. That is their best and only option.
If it came down to parliamentary system GEMA would insist on party list proportional representation or county. This would mean abolishing the current constituency, an uphill battle. Other than politicians, who cares about 50/50 deal? I mean what have we gotten now that we have presidency (supposedly) and 50% of government. The key thing GEMA should be advocating for is federalism. Start by reviewing what're national taxes and local taxes. And what percentage of taxation counties should keep.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2019, 09:32:22 AM »
Now you're talking. Parliamentary system will greatly advantage smaller tribes - and would breed so much instability considering kenya really no majority tribes - all tribes are now max 15% - I expect Kikuyu figures to drop from 17.5% in 2009 to around 15% when Census are released the last Q of this year - Luhyas and Kalenjin will probably be around 15% - then others around 10% - so you can see Kenya has very many small tribes.

Federalism aka Majimbo is what we need - and I am glad central has finally come around it. Federalism would mean counties are allowed to collect and keep most of taxes...federal gov in Nairobi will say takes 10-20% of VAT/PAYE - with majority staying those counties. Federal Gov will collect national taxes including customs.

This will unlock counties to try develop their counties so they can get taxes. Counties will be free to borrow, to invite investors, dish out land.

But are central really ready for MAJIMBO. Me think they are not ready. Maybe another 10yrs under Ruto.

What has central gotten from PORK - in 10yrs - well Kikuyu continue to dominate pubic services - they dominate policy making - therefore it goes without sayings they have it good.

If it came down to parliamentary system GEMA would insist on party list proportional representation or county. This would mean abolishing the current constituency, an uphill battle. Other than politicians, who cares about 50/50 deal? I mean what have we gotten now that we have presidency (supposedly) and 50% of government. The key thing GEMA should be advocating for is federalism. Start by reviewing what're national taxes and local taxes. And what percentage of taxation counties should keep.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2019, 09:55:37 AM »
Now you're talking. Parliamentary system will greatly advantage smaller tribes - and would breed so much instability considering kenya really no majority tribes - all tribes are now max 15% - I expect Kikuyu figures to drop from 17.5% in 2009 to around 15% when Census are released the last Q of this year - Luhyas and Kalenjin will probably be around 15% - then others around 10% - so you can see Kenya has very many small tribes.

Federalism aka Majimbo is what we need - and I am glad central has finally come around it. Federalism would mean counties are allowed to collect and keep most of taxes...federal gov in Nairobi will say takes 10-20% of VAT/PAYE - with majority staying those counties. Federal Gov will collect national taxes including customs.

This will unlock counties to try develop their counties so they can get taxes. Counties will be free to borrow, to invite investors, dish out land.

But are central really ready for MAJIMBO. Me think they are not ready. Maybe another 10yrs under Ruto.

What has central gotten from PORK - in 10yrs - well Kikuyu continue to dominate pubic services - they dominate policy making - therefore it goes without sayings they have it good.

Actually GEMA has been for federalism for some time now. I remember a group which included the likes of nderitu mureithi, businessmen and professionals presenting a paper to abdikadir constitution review group. The group proposed federalism with even backing of david ndii who made a representation on things gema counties should focus on. However gema would be against majimbo of "this is our land go back to central". Meaning Gema in kajiado, eldoret, parts of nakuru aren't chased away. Just like Gema can't evict other tribes that reside in gema counties like kiambu.
Having a drunk incompetent pork, corrupt public service servant, dumb policies; hasnt benefited central. Central doesn't need special treatment, what's good for kenya is good for central.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2019, 01:56:23 PM »
I am glad the nation is starting to embrace federalism. It doesn't mean anyone will be kicked out. Federal gov will still be there with strong federal laws. Constitutional rights including right to property will never be limited. Obviously we must protect minorities in every county.

Actually GEMA has been for federalism for some time now. I remember a group which included the likes of nderitu mureithi, businessmen and professionals presenting a paper to abdikadir constitution review group. The group proposed federalism with even backing of david ndii who made a representation on things gema counties should focus on. However gema would be against majimbo of "this is our land go back to central". Meaning Gema in kajiado, eldoret, parts of nakuru aren't chased away. Just like Gema can't evict other tribes that reside in gema counties like kiambu.
Having a drunk incompetent pork, corrupt public service servant, dumb policies; hasnt benefited central. Central doesn't need special treatment, what's good for kenya is good for central.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2019, 02:42:49 PM »
hk and Pundit, that's a good debate but as usual politics will intervene. Likely federalism or enhanced devolution will be mixed with parliamentary, reduced MPs, gender parity, etc. Should federalism be based on the present counties or bigger regions?

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2019, 05:08:43 PM »
hk and Pundit, that's a good debate but as usual politics will intervene. Likely federalism or enhanced devolution will be mixed with parliamentary, reduced MPs, gender parity, etc. Should federalism be based on the present counties or bigger regions?
Robina,
I believe most people would opt for presidential system with federal units. The idea of going back to a system similar to how mayors were elected by Councillors, that'll be a hard sell. What we should be avoiding is centralized system, so I'd opt for federal units based on current counties. However each county can have a ballot initiative to merge with other similar county. E.g. Nyeri,kirinyaga,nyandarua and Laikipia can merge. The point is let people focus on charting their own destiny. This will stabilize the country and spur development.  A prosperous federal unit would be mean a prosperous kenya and that federal unit would attract more residents. 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2019, 11:40:52 PM »

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 02:01:56 AM »
Robina is back???

O the mess you've made

Robina,
what mess is that?
You disappeared into ispace and then magically  reappear like Houdini

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2019, 04:56:59 AM »
Robina is back???

O the mess you've made

Robina,
what mess is that?
You disappeared into ispace and then magically  reappear like Houdini

the national mess of kenya's power triad

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2019, 03:48:08 PM »

Very cold out there, Hustler will find out, he will.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman