Author Topic: #metoo at opera house- guys i'm going- this movement is so important  (Read 1618 times)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/events/whats-on/all-about-women/2019/metoo-yeartwo.html

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Guys I went to this. .. I went with mum and she just had this blank look on her face.

Didn't like it.

I told mum why afterwards and she responded. .. FAR way to go but isn't it great all these women have mobilised together.

I don't know. I can't relate to these women... reporters, feminists etc. I want to celebrate with women who like to be women. I was surrounded by unkempt women who decided not to tidy their hair, shave etc. I don't like this culture of political correctness and gender equality. I believe in gender freedom without the need to assign equality. I work with male colleagues who literally hide behind me when a feminist wants to take one of them on just because they are white and male. I kid you not they literally cower their tall bodies behind my shoulders terrified they may say something to trigger Jodie. Men should be included in these discussions. There's got to be a better way of doing this. A way for Joe to walk with Jodie and bring predators to justice.

Even in Nipate, all you perfect gentlemen call out on misogynistic cat cries towards the women in this house. In my life, more men have stuck up for me in the face of misogyny than women. Men need to have a place in these discussions.

I was particularly saddened by the panel's response to a girl who spoke of working for a university where she was sexually abused yet when she told HR they did nothing and he got promoted. The panel advised they can't provide her with legal advice and to not pursue it further if it would hurt her situation. I just feel if it was a male panel they would've had a gutsier response. Who the fuck was he and lets rally and hashtag this bastard out today.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
He he women are being dicks these days. It sucks. I wish women can be nice and understand men better. Men can be terrible but there is no need for an all out gender war

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
I have no time for #metoo which does nothing where it's really needed. There are sufficient laws and policies to protect us in the west.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
I have no time for #metoo which does nothing where it's really needed. There are sufficient laws and policies to protect us in the west.

It's a power grab. Creating a giant club for one gender to use against the other anytime they please cannot be equal or fair no matter how far you stretch it. The truth is, we're now at a point where it takes a mere accusation/assertion to totally destroy a man's life. Sometimes the accusation doesn't even have to be about rape or unambiguous assault, it can even be about ordinary flirtatious behaviour and innuendo that happens between men and women all the time. I don't understand how so few people are bucking this; they just go along with positively insane notions like, "Believe all women," or "Believe all victims." Umm...no. How about, take all accusations seriously and wait for evidence and investigations until someone finds a truth serum we can inject people with????

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Most men in the world are pigs. They ogle and behave lesser but don't realise how uncouth they are.

Women in general are the victims and I stand by them. However, some feminists assign personal biases and this restricts the movement into a polar opposite to Trump's misogynists. So instead of standing by actual victims, it trivialises and reduces something that could shift the culture into some petty rivalry.

These aren't the same women OO champions in solidarity. Hard to feel authenticity these days.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Veritas
Testetorone is to blame. Everyman want to procreate with any woman he sees. Monogamy is unnatural

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
veritas,

Crap like #metoo is the reason extreme reactions like Trump, Bolsonaro, Brexit happen. Progressives really needs to reevaluate their relation with ideals like modern destructive feminism. Otherwise as you can see the racists and misogynists are winning power everywhere.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
veritas,

Crap like #metoo is the reason extreme reactions like Trump, Bolsonaro, Brexit happen. Progressives really needs to reevaluate their relation with ideals like modern destructive feminism. Otherwise as you can see the racists and misogynists are winning power everywhere.

I have a different take.  Trumpism is American history writ large.  It happened, not because of too much PC culture, but because electing Obama(a black man) was the last straw to the racists that could only be countered by electing the worst possible racist available.

#Metoo, I want to withhold judgement.  I can only understand what women experience from second hand sources at best.  Being a minority it's easier for me to see that it's possible I might just have a blind spot.  So, yes, treat all cases seriously but also treat the suspect as innocent until proven guilty; especially if they are open to full investigations of the claim unlike Brett Kavanaugh.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
#Metoo, I want to withhold judgement.  I can only understand what women experience from second hand sources at best.  Being a minority it's easier for me to see that it's possible I might just have a blind spot. So, yes, treat all cases seriously but also treat the suspect as innocent until proven guilty; especially if they are open to full investigations of the claim unlike Brett Kavanaugh.

I know what you mean here, Termi, about a blind spot. Kinda like how many White people don't believe racism still exists because they are never subjected to it or see it happening blatantly. But in all honesty, I've lived in Europe now for nearly four years and I can honestly say that claims of a culture of sexism/misogyny in the West are big foot tier to me. I have yet to experience or witness a single instance.

I honestly think White women invented it to still be able to claim victimhood despite being the majority culture. Now, racism? Islamophobia? A bias against people from Africa or Arab countries? There you have something very real and serious to discuss. Women in the West are as well protected as it is possible to be protected in a human society, as far as I'm concerned. There are always areas we fall short in protection because we are humans after all, but I don't see it getting much better than this without unfairly victimizing men (i.e We just flip the old script on who gets oppressed).

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: #metoo at opera house- guys i'm going- this movement is so important
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 09:19:29 PM »
veritas,

I have a different take.  Trumpism is American history writ large.  It happened, not because of too much PC culture, but because electing Obama(a black man) was the last straw to the racists that could only be countered by electing the worst possible racist available.

#Metoo, I want to withhold judgement.  I can only understand what women experience from second hand sources at best.  Being a minority it's easier for me to see that it's possible I might just have a blind spot.  So, yes, treat all cases seriously but also treat the suspect as innocent until proven guilty; especially if they are open to full investigations of the claim unlike Brett Kavanaugh.

Kadame is right. I support #BlackLivesMatter because racism is real. #metoo hell no, victimhood stretched too far.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 09:31:14 PM »
This neo-feminism is dangerous first to women and to the victims of their misdirected anger. Traditional feminism was more about turning tables on men with much restraint. Today, neo-feminists are out to get men with a vengeance. I keep wondering what #metoo may mean in African, Kenya? What will it mean to my grandmother or my distant cousin deep in the rural? If #metoo succeeds, men will stop seducing women and keep off altogether. I can't even imagine the consequences.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 01:52:03 AM »
#Metoo, I want to withhold judgement.  I can only understand what women experience from second hand sources at best.  Being a minority it's easier for me to see that it's possible I might just have a blind spot. So, yes, treat all cases seriously but also treat the suspect as innocent until proven guilty; especially if they are open to full investigations of the claim unlike Brett Kavanaugh.

I know what you mean here, Termi, about a blind spot. Kinda like how many White people don't believe racism still exists because they are never subjected to it or see it happening blatantly. But in all honesty, I've lived in Europe now for nearly four years and I can honestly say that claims of a culture of sexism/misogyny in the West are big foot tier to me. I have yet to experience or witness a single instance.

I honestly think White women invented it to still be able to claim victimhood despite being the majority culture. Now, racism? Islamophobia? A bias against people from Africa or Arab countries? There you have something very real and serious to discuss. Women in the West are as well protected as it is possible to be protected in a human society, as far as I'm concerned. There are always areas we fall short in protection because we are humans after all, but I don't see it getting much better than this without unfairly victimizing men (i.e We just flip the old script on who gets oppressed).

In America it might not be so level.  Again, it stems from racial history.  Back in the days, white men could choose and sleep with whoever, but white women were restricted only to white men, or they would be ostracized from polite society.  There are even slurs that refer to white women who engage in relationships with black men.  You can be sure there are none for white men.

There is just a large section of this society that lives in a modern world only in physical terms, but their mind is stuck in the 18th century.  Hillary was just the first female candidate in 2016 on top of a major party's ticket.  The country has never had a female even as just VP.  In Europe, it's perfectly normal for women to lead their countries.

Here is a taping released just yesterday of Tucker Carlson, the upstanding member of the Fox News Fraternity.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/03/10/unearthed-audio-tucker-carlson-makes-numerous-misogynistic-and-perverted-comments/223092
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman