Author Topic: Youtube Is Really Good  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Youtube Is Really Good
« on: September 20, 2018, 03:16:33 PM »
at click-bait these days.  I am into workout videos, and youtube's answer to that seems to always suggest workout videos of black women with ample butts.  Problem is when you check those out, you end up tweaking the engine to suggest even more of the same.  The upside is now I know quite a few amazing glute exercises to add to my routine.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline yulemsee

• VIP
  • Superstar
Re: Youtube Is Really Good
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »
Problem is this leads to funnelling, if you do a video critical of trump, trumpsters won't see it in their suggested videos, they will continue seeing trump calling Hillary crooked

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 02:54:43 AM »
Problem is this leads to funnelling, if you do a video critical of trump, trumpsters won't see it in their suggested videos, they will continue seeing trump calling Hillary crooked

Yeah, that is problematic.  There should be some balance between serving users what they like and what is generally out there.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 05:06:12 AM »
at click-bait these days.  I am into workout videos, and youtube's answer to that seems to always suggest workout videos of black women with ample butts.  Problem is when you check those out, you end up tweaking the engine to suggest even more of the same.  The upside is now I know quite a few amazing glute exercises to add to my routine.

So, some ample butts are suggested, and you check them out.   Then Youtube decides you like ample butts and suggests some more.   You check out those too.  Then Youtube ... You could just stop obsessing over ample butts---black man's kryptonite---and go back to your workouts.    :D
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 02:30:41 PM »
Windy, good to hear the glute exercises are working. I bought myself a smart scale today from Costco and was horrified to learn I was obese.

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »

So, some ample butts are suggested, and you check them out.   Then Youtube decides you like ample butts and suggests some more.   You check out those too.  Then Youtube ... You could just stop obsessing over ample butts---black man's kryptonite---and go back to your workouts.    :D

I have even been getting Khaddi Sagnia videos because I like athletics.  The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak  :D.  Youtube exploit that to great effect. 

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »
Windy, good to hear the glute exercises are working. I bought myself a smart scale today from Costco and was horrified to learn I was obese.

I have noticed guys tend to work on areas that they can see in the mirror and neglect those they can't see.  The result is a front-heavy development resulting in imbalances that do increase the risk of injuries.  The glute bridge has been a revelation.  I tend to it away from the gym though. 

Harriet Tubman