Author Topic: GoK Very Broke again and we're talking Big 4 agenda?  (Read 5419 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: GoK Very Broke again and we're talking Big 4 agenda?
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2018, 11:06:48 AM »
I am just a cheerleader - I am not part of the looting neither will have be part of that.
God help Kenya when akina Pundit take over the govt. Kenya is already on its knees and Ruto will plunder that country dry. He and his cohorts have no manners even when looting.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2018, 11:09:27 AM »
That is even worse. Why cheerlead looters when they are bleeding the country to its deathbed?

I am just a cheerleader - I am not part of the looting neither will have be part of that.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2018, 11:30:32 AM »
I am not an idealist. I voted for Sonko and UhuRuto well aware of their past. They were better than Kidero and Odinga. That is what counts.
That is even worse. Why cheerlead looters when they are bleeding the country to its deathbed?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2018, 02:50:54 PM »
God help Kenya when akina Pundit take over the govt. Kenya is already on its knees and Ruto will plunder that country dry. He and his cohorts have no manners even when looting.

How will Ruto run the economy differently? we said Uhuru need to reshuffle the cabinet pronto and bring in experts, URP wing of the government refused and said we need to stay the course....what would change?
That's my sentiment too. My theory 7yrs ago used to be that Kenya govt was taking on too much debt for its own good. Pundit reply was that the economy will will outgrow - Same as Republican Theory. Now we see the outcome. STAGNATION. Solution - Either they take massive cuts or take more debt, with the latter not feasible.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2018, 06:28:38 PM »
Economy is doing well - set to grow at 6.5% - all macro-economic indicators looks good - IMF Is just the dark clouds we don't need - with their deficit theories.
That's my sentiment too. My theory 7yrs ago used to be that Kenya govt was taking on too much debt for its own good. Pundit reply was that the economy will will outgrow - Same as Republican Theory. Now we see the outcome. STAGNATION. Solution - Either they take massive cuts or take more debt, with the latter not feasible.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2018, 11:46:24 AM »
Economy is doing well - set to grow at 6.5% - all macro-economic indicators looks good - IMF Is just the dark clouds we don't need - with their deficit theories.
Economy is doing well? Wait for the third quarter numbers. IMF isn't the problem, you have crazy budget deficit that needs to be financed. Treasury is scrambling to raise $710m to plug budget deficit. That's why fuel had to be VATed. The charade is over, government has to enter austerity program.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »
Which sectors are seeing red - agriculture is definitely look up - with well distributed rains -  I know real estate & manufacturing is struggling - but everything else seem to looking up. Budget deficit this year is down 2% - and really we have absorption problem - so this deficit is theoritical.
Economy is doing well? Wait for the third quarter numbers. IMF isn't the problem, you have crazy budget deficit that needs to be financed. Treasury is scrambling to raise $710m to plug budget deficit. That's why fuel had to be VATed. The charade is over, government has to enter austerity program.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2018, 12:04:19 PM »
Which sectors are seeing red - agriculture is definitely look up - with well distributed rains -  I know real estate & manufacturing is struggling - but everything else seem to looking up. Budget deficit this year is down 2% - and really we have absorption problem - so this deficit is theoritical.
Trade is struggling and services will suffer as the primary sectors struggle in addition to manufacturing and real estate.  With increased inflation due to fuel cost, even agriculture earnings will suffer. Tourism might be the only bright spot. Wouldn't it be prudent if treasury used the supposedly idle funds to finance budget instead of issuing new debt almost weekly? All better yet why not slush the budget if government can't absorb the funds?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2018, 08:57:59 PM »
Trade is struggling and services will suffer as the primary sectors struggle in addition to manufacturing and real estate.  With increased inflation due to fuel cost, even agriculture earnings will suffer. Tourism might be the only bright spot. Wouldn't it be prudent if treasury used the supposedly idle funds to finance budget instead of issuing new debt almost weekly? All better yet why not slush the budget if government can't absorb the funds?
HK
Its hard to argue with someone who has another version of truth (Alternative truth) :). Truth to them exists in their version.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2018, 10:23:41 PM »
I HAVE ABOUT 20yrS ONLINE with more less the same guys so why not wait few mo ths for new economic data.The likes of kadudu were saying the same bullshiet in 2005..my track record speak for itself.Our economy will grow by 6.5%..at worst 6%.I have not changed my moniker.My punditry remain unmatched....way unmatched
HK
Its hard to argue with someone who has another version of truth (Alternative truth) :). Truth to them exists in their version.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2018, 05:21:04 AM »
I HAVE ABOUT 20yrS ONLINE with more less the same guys so why not wait few mo ths for new economic data.The likes of kadudu were saying the same bullshiet in 2005..my track record speak for itself.Our economy will grow by 6.5%..at worst 6%.I have not changed my moniker.My punditry remain unmatched....way unmatched

Punditry at that level doesn't seem to be terribly difficult.    I just asked my 10-year old nephew to go to Google, type "economic outlook for Kenya", and give me some numbers.   Guess what numbers he got, from the usual sources.   :D

And the thing with Kenya is that you never really know.  One good drought or even just some political nonsense, and predicted growth just disappears.   

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2018, 08:18:47 PM »
WE OWE NOBODY ANY DEBT

By Dr Wandia Njoya

The Kenyan bourgeoisie here are getting scared by my saying that we shouldn't pay back debts incurred by people we did not elect, and in our name without asking us.

And you better be scared.

The French Revolution, was a bloody ten years of upheaval that was caused by guess what? Debt.

The Royalty had racked up a big national debt that was caused by building a huge palace in Versailles and by France fighting wars. Things were made worse by the 14-year old Austrian princess, Marie Antoinette, who was entertaining herself and her friends at the cost of the public. As you can imagine, when the Parisians had no bread, they would get so angry that they're starving while their taxes pay for Marie to party. That's where the rumor that she had said people should eat cake started.

Remember also that there were 3 estates in France: the clergy, the nobility and the rest. Only the rest paid taxes, and yet they were the poorest.

In the rural areas, the story was the same. The dictatorship of debt. The peasants were required to work the land, and from the produce, they were supposed to give a significant portion to the landlord to pay back a debt that would never end.

While Paris was in distress, the king and his family remained in Versailles. Versailles was becoming a challenge to the people's power that was strong in Paris. The people's anger was made worse by reports in the emerging 4th estate that Versailles was holding lavish banquets at the expense of the people.

So in October 1789, a group of women marched six hours to Versailes. After a long stand off, they forced the king and his family to go back to Paris, where he would have no choice but to listen to the people's assembly that had taken over government.

My point here is that the people who live in State House and work in Treasury have no idea what it feels like to live on our side of the street.

They tell us we need an expensive railway, when what we need is good healthcare, education and jobs. They fly to Washington and Beijing, where Trump and Jinping tell them what our problems are, as if we have no mouths and brains to tell State House and Treasury ourselves.

We've made Muigai's foreign travels a joke, when in fact, we should do what the women of Paris did: tell him to sit his butt down in Nairobi and burn the midnight oil sorting this mess out. We don't want to hear about foreigners we did not elect. Let him work like the rest of us and stop globe trotting.

As the French Revolution shows, there comes a time when debt becomes enslavement and becomes an injustice which we cannot accept to pay.

Ironically, the greatest debt we have ever had is being incurred by a party called Jubilee. Yet the biblical Jubilee was the year when all debt was written off, whether it was paid in full or not, and the people of Israel were allowed to start working on a fresh slate.

We cannot be obliged to pay debts which were incurred through injustice.

We need a political party, in the style of Malema's EFF, to campaign on that platform, and promise international guys that we owe them nothing.

We can still trade, but we the people don't owe them anything. If we're really nice, we can invite them to get their money back from the wealth of the rich 8,000 Kenyans who own 62% of the country. And that's after we take back the people's property like the land.

Now, a word to you educated Kenyans reading this.

You have been seriously, seriously, like seriously, miseducated. The way I see you panicking on my wall when I talk of strategic planning and freedom form debt is extremely strange. You pretend you are commenting on what I've said, when all you're doing is repeating what you hear teachers and private sector say.
You went to school. The last thing an idea should make you do - whether you agree with it or not - is panic. Your fear means that you are invested in this dysfunctional system as it is, and that when you criticize GoK, it is because you fantasize that our problems are not systemic but a problem of human error.

But centuries of racist capitalism is not human error. It's a system designed to fail. And the worst part for me is watching educated Kenyans hopelessly unable to grasp the idea of a bad system. That's why they keep telling me "why are you blaming X?" or "the problem isn't the system but the people in it."

You, you educated Kenyans are the people preventing change from happening in Kenya. You want the system to remain intact, but just the people within it to change. Every time the people start saying something is wrong, you start accepting calls from government ministers, visiting their offices and promising to draft policy to be tabled in Parliament.

All that is the same nonsense of Jomo's approach of "conservative modernization," where we lobby for inclusion in the colonial state without overturning the state.

The thing we need to do is to explain to the people what the problem is, so that they demand for change where they are, not in workshops and manels in hotels. Soon enough, the Kenyan people are going to storm into our hotel workshops and tell us off, the way Nalongo Nana did in Uganda.

For the rest of us, this truth remains. We cannot pay this debt. We must not pay it. And maybe if we said it loud enough, this government will stop gambling with our lives.

Forget what the titled professionals tell you about economic theories and whatever else.

Justice demands that we cannot, and should not, pay back any loans incurred by Muigai and Rotich. Let them pay back that money from their own pockets.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2018, 06:12:27 AM »
What a beautiful mind Dr. Wandia Njoya is....I hope I live to see this kind of a great thinker in supreme court. She is unrivaled in churning and channeling organic thoughts.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2018, 08:50:26 AM »
Wandia Njoya is an ideological Luo just like David Ndii.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244