Author Topic: VAT on petrol increases the price to ksh130  (Read 2827 times)

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
VAT on petrol increases the price to ksh130
« on: August 10, 2018, 01:40:21 PM »
Starting September petrol will be 16% vat taxed https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/Petrol-price-to-hit-Sh130-as-VAT-charge-kicks-in/3946234-4706264-u2epb7z/index.html
Kenya is staring at brink economic future. Stagnant economy, high inflation, high taxes and mountain of debt.  That is uhuru's legacy.

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: VAT on petrol increases the price to ksh130
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:11:53 PM »
These were pundit words back in 2014 from archive.....

120B more for screwball Railway to bankruptcy

Then he could have agreed with Dr. Doom

http://nipate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36908

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 02:15:00 PM »
SGR without resource like turkana oil to refinance debt means kenya will be doomed. Service industry will not pay Chinese debt.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 03:09:46 PM »
Pundit actually called Uhuru a screwball? Did he baptize Ruto as well?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 04:30:09 PM »
These were pundit words back in 2014 from archive.....

120B more for screwball Railway to bankruptcy

Then he could have agreed with Dr. Doom

http://nipate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36908
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 05:03:17 PM »
I've been wondering about Uhuru's endgame with corruption. There are many glaring corruption cases he has not even scratched.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 05:51:33 PM »
Starting September petrol will be 16% vat taxed https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/economy/Petrol-price-to-hit-Sh130-as-VAT-charge-kicks-in/3946234-4706264-u2epb7z/index.html
Kenya is staring at brink economic future. Stagnant economy, high inflation, high taxes and mountain of debt.  That is uhuru's legacy.

We are heading into a hole. You need to cut govt. size, cut VAT to 10% raise taxes on billionaires. Thats the only way out.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 05:57:20 PM »
No endgame, groping in the dark.....with fuel hike comes high bus fare btwn  5% - 10% depending on who you ask. Kumira kumira, tano tens, jubilee  mbele pamajo, mbele
Iko  sawa.....   
I've been wondering about Uhuru's endgame with corruption. There are many glaring corruption cases he has not even scratched.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 06:00:01 PM »
The billionaires  I know are on Twitter crying over electricity bills na ukiweka hiyo unasema.....

We are heading into a hole. You need to cut govt. size, cut VAT to 10% raise taxes on billionaires. Thats the only way out.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 10:57:17 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 01:16:31 AM »

You think so?  What is the tribe the revolutionary leader :lol: ?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 07:42:20 AM »

We're already in a hole. The first thing should be to cut wastage by reducing deficit to below 2% of GDP. Meaning the budget need to be slashed by almost half. The liberal keynesian economic model of taxing the rich wont work. There're not even enough rich people to tax. Taxes should be cut across the board, PAYE should start at about 20k a month not 14k and highest rate should not kick in at 50k but about 200k.  Excise tax of basic commodities like fuel or juices need to removed. Basically we need to starve the beast that's the nation government.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 10:54:49 AM »
Seems to me he wants to (re)build up a messiah figure. This will allow him to retain a grip on power at all costs according to NIS. Once this becomes clear I doubt he can take on Ruto and get away with it.

The revolutionary talk is just empty words in a tribalised society. A thing about revolutions - they happen when only a few saw it coming and believed in it. When every mlevi talks of revolution, just continue looking for your unga but when likes of Ochuka wake up and say we are coming even Moi thinks Kanyotu is overdreaming.

Here is a dub poem by Mutabaruka on empty revolutionary words:
Revolutions have no leaders. Revisionists are the ones who create heroes and messiahs. Any leader can easily be bribed and taken out - plata o plomo Narcos style.

The jobless desperate kids who should revolt are on Facebook and Twitter insulting anybody talking ill of their tribal demigods.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2018, 09:55:52 PM »

I think we can surmount that obstacle at this rate
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 08:56:41 AM »
Fares to go up https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Matatus-to-hike-fares-next-month-/1056-4711370-ycrev9/index.html as expected. By end of  September inflation will be suffocating Kenyans.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 03:13:37 PM »

We're already in a hole. The first thing should be to cut wastage by reducing deficit to below 2% of GDP. Meaning the budget need to be slashed by almost half. The liberal keynesian economic model of taxing the rich wont work. There're not even enough rich people to tax. Taxes should be cut across the board, PAYE should start at about 20k a month not 14k and highest rate should not kick in at 50k but about 200k.  Excise tax of basic commodities like fuel or juices need to removed. Basically we need to starve the beast that's the nation government.

There is nothing liberal about having your rich relative pay a little more.
That said I have on record as saying that the govt is toooo big. Pundit dismissed it saying that the economy will grow fast enough to feed the monster.  Auditor general was almost fired for suggesting that the govt cut spending.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 05:27:36 AM »

Before you get to that ... you forgot the eating: in a place like Kenya the first thing that would happen is that the "leaders of the revolution" would be off selling the plot to "the man".  Between the "eating" and "our man", nothing will happen until Kenyans get the crap beaten out of them, the way Moi did.   Right now the place is slowly going to the dogs economically, but it looks like continuing politics and electioneering from 2017 will continue until 2022.   In Kenya, huge crowds will turn out for political rallies and the like.  Any time, any place.  How many---other than Boniface Mwangi and his 10 friends---have ever showed up at an anti-corruption rally?   The Opposition---formerly Raila and his buddies---can urge, and get, all sorts of crowds to show up to support their quest for power.    Ever hear anyone urging crowds to turn out to protest the endless theft of public money, the lack of proper services from government, dot dot dot?
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 07:55:38 AM »
Kenya is NOT going to dogs economically - anytime soon - right now all economic indicators are bleeping green - things are looking up - but of course for the cynically - 6.3% growth rate is never good enough for them.
Before you get to that ... you forgot the eating: in a place like Kenya the first thing that would happen is that the "leaders of the revolution" would be off selling the plot to "the man".  Between the "eating" and "our man", nothing will happen until Kenyans get the crap beaten out of them, the way Moi did.   Right now the place is slowly going to the dogs economically, but it looks like continuing politics and electioneering from 2017 will continue until 2022.   In Kenya, huge crowds will turn out for political rallies and the like.  Any time, any place.  How many---other than Boniface Mwangi and his 10 friends---have ever showed up at an anti-corruption rally?   The Opposition---formerly Raila and his buddies---can urge, and get, all sorts of crowds to show up to support their quest for power.    Ever hear anyone urging crowds to turn out to protest the endless theft of public money, the lack of proper services from government, dot dot dot?

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 08:08:49 AM »
Kenya is NOT going to dogs economically - anytime soon - right now all economic indicators are bleeping green - things are looking up - but of course for the cynically - 6.3% growth rate is never good enough for them.

Perhaps I should have been more specific: I meant in the sense of sinking deeper into debt with fewer and fewer prospects of being able to repay.   Don't be fooled by just growth rate.  Sooner or later the creditors will come calling, and there is no shortage of countries that "lost it" after they went on a borrow-and-spend binge when the times were supposedly good.   

And, then, there's the matter of ordinary Kenyans.   How are they enjoying the things that are looking up?     
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.