Author Topic: Breaking: Kidero arrested, Matiangi and co roam free  (Read 4689 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Breaking: Kidero arrested, Matiangi and co roam free
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 05:10:02 PM »
Take it seriously because William Ruto is the new boogeyman. There are 2 options

1. Ruto concedes PM and gets watered down PORK ala Bomas Draft. Uhuru as Jubilee Party Leader is automatic PM. What you call Supreme Leader now is a glorified Tuju. Uhuru played the Putin-Medvedev card and Ruto balked cause of course he's smart alec who can't be trusted. Why would Ruto be unhappy with PM if he's committed to post-2022 coalition with GEMA?

2. Ruto sticks to current path. UhuRao team up to scuttle his finances and non-GEMA dominance. By 2022 Ruto will be broke with 14% Green Kalenjin Movement. He can be Madvd or Kalonzo running mate - or well deputize Raila. :) Even if he manages 20% he will need a big partner in Raila or GEMA.

Ruto must share the animal and guarantee his half. Or risk a total loss. As you can read the mood of the country is with UhuRao. They are beating him.

When matiangi is arrested on ruaraka land scandal i will take this war seriuosly
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 08:24:44 PM »
For me the big Mbuta is WSR.  Matiangi is small potatoe. He is just a loud hand tool who is not even that useful right now after the handshake. When they grab WSR and indict him then I will believe this war is for real.  Kidero was just another heartless thief just like WSR but they need to have good evidence against him because he will spend billions on lawyers to not only fight the evidence but to buy judges, make evidence disappear and to dissuade witnesses.  If they can convict Kidero then maybe they are ready for WSR who will not only have money but the fanatical political following of the Kalenjin.

When matiangi is arrested on ruaraka land scandal i will take this war seriuosly
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 09:03:42 PM »
vooke & Kichwa, the prior lack of convictions has always been political. Uhuru & Haji aiming at all and sundry regardless of tribe is the innoculation needed. When it all started Ruto claimed his "people" - mostly Kalenjin and Somali - were targeted. However he quickly turned like a coat :D when the public cheered UhuRao wildly. In short he is forced to publicly endorse a Handshake agenda while continuing to bribe MPs to rescue his crooks. Because he doesn't control the media Kenyans are linking the dots to him. Literally all tribes have a popular son in the dock now. There is also innoculation in the tribe of the key offices - Haji,  Tobiko, Kinoti, etc - none are the big 4 which insulates them from attack. I was amazed to see Raila being accused of evicting Mau encroachers... with Tobiko barely mentioned :D

Uhuru has a win-win. If the corrupt sabotage his Big 4 Kenyans are already giving him kudos. If he wins it's the icing. Ruto has a lose-lose. If he is quiet his looting network is uprooted yet the bloodmoney is his primary appeal to his followers. If he fights he is exposed as the high priest of graft as we are seeing from Friday in Parliament. Already the debate has shifted to corruption which leaves him awkward with nothing to contribute. Ruto cannot say "integrity" with a straight face - it's not possible now to shed a few crocodile tears in church and get absolution.

If integrity takes center stage then he indeed has nothing to offer.  His gameplan has to be how to get everyone back to talking about this tribe and that tribe and tumbocrats.  And he has to do it against the backdrop of handshake and "building bridges".  If kamwana can round up a few more symbolic big fish, then the DP might one of these days find himself being quizzed(to borrow this uniquely Kenyan term) at integrity center.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »
From the discussion it looks like pork and raila is a saint like fresh manufactured cotton wool

PNU and ODM are ganging up against wsr. Nothing like anti corruption.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2018, 09:33:36 PM »
Sadly it's not patriorism that drives Uhuru but self interest and preservation. It happens there is aligned interest between he and Raila Odinga: cuttting Ruto down to size.

I don't care about Uhuru - he's not Kagame. It's the collateral damage of the gang war that I'm cheering. The war on corruption is a political war on William Ruto.
Sure, there are no saintly motives here at all. But why do you think he'd go to war with Ruto, and over a vice he or at least his close family are just as guilty of? I think Uhuru would take the risks he's taking only if he was aiming at a goal he deems much bigger and more important than a simple ego win against his deputy or 'legacy'. I think Uhuru is creating grounds for retaining power for himself for an additional 8/10 years after 2022.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2018, 09:37:09 PM »
From the discussion it looks like pork is a saint like fresh manufactured cotton wool

No one thinks kamwana is a saint. We are just glad there seems to be some attempt at tackling corruption, whatever the intent. I'm speculating on Uhuru's motives, and I think it's all about creating the groundswell he might need to retain power post 2022. Corruption is such an animal that if he makes a tangible improvement there he'll be positively received by many Kenyans who weren't expecting even that. Unfortunate but it's what happens when people have lost all hope for any improvement. Also, quite frankly there are many who are simply scared of a Ruto presidency, myself included.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 11:31:26 PM »
Sadly it's not patriorism that drives Uhuru but self interest and preservation. It happens there is aligned interest between he and Raila Odinga: cuttting Ruto down to size.

I don't care about Uhuru - he's not Kagame. It's the collateral damage of the gang war that I'm cheering. The war on corruption is a political war on William Ruto.
Sure, there are no saintly motives here at all. But why do you think he'd go to war with Ruto, and over a vice he or at least his close family are just as guilty of? I think Uhuru would take the risks he's taking only if he was aiming at a goal he deems much bigger and more important than a simple ego win against his deputy or 'legacy'. I think Uhuru is creating grounds for retaining power for himself for an additional 8/10 years after 2022.

Exactly. He's in bed with Raila on this - complete with a secretariat dubbed Putin. The expanded Executive initiative by Raila is backed by Uhuru, don't be fooled by his "opposition" to a referendum. Fighting corruption is a very effective strategy against Ruto because Kenyans loathe it more than ebola while Ruto is known to be corrupt even from independent sources like Miguna. Once Ruto is decapitated it'll be more like Raila PORK, Uhuru PM. Nothing is selfless here.

Ruto won't take it lying down and the dog fight will land lot of thieves like Kidero in prison. It's a blue moon for ordinary Kenyans.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2018, 07:06:47 AM »
No let up in graft war as Uhuru spews friendly fire
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Uhuru-Raila-unite-against-corruption/1056-4709774-xj6i6az/index.html

This line was meant for Ruto

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2018, 09:29:05 AM »
Truth be said. TNA is the biggest benefiaciary of the current corruption culture. WSR and his allies were only getting the tail.

From the discussion it looks like pork and raila is a saint like fresh manufactured cotton wool

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 09:35:09 AM »
TNA gameplan is Kamwana to become executive PM and Raila ceremonial president. Raila might swallow the bait as he has least to loose. Question is, can he sell it to the rest not GEMA Kenya? Remember also GEMA will be no more come 2022. Merus and Embus will pull out if not one "of their own" is not minimum DP.

No one thinks kamwana is a saint. We are just glad there seems to be some attempt at tackling corruption, whatever the intent. I'm speculating on Uhuru's motives, and I think it's all about creating the groundswell he might need to retain power post 2022. Corruption is such an animal that if he makes a tangible improvement there he'll be positively received by many Kenyans who weren't expecting even that. Unfortunate but it's what happens when people have lost all hope for any improvement. Also, quite frankly there are many who are simply scared of a Ruto presidency, myself included.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2018, 12:22:59 PM »
Amazing how much uncertain we are of 2022 all over the handshake. I like the suspense
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2018, 12:41:43 PM »
Ruto is the man to beat.the other games are too complicated to be pulled thro.Ruto will never be found in any graft coz he signs nothing

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2018, 08:57:49 PM »
So long as he ends up with the money in his bank account then it can be traced to him. Its called "follow the money".  Sooner or later he will he will have to explain how he got the money.  He must be working with someone or some people who will one day flip on him and testify against him. Its just a matter of time. No one is invisible.  He has gotten away with murder but nothing lasts forever.

Ruto is the man to beat.the other games are too complicated to be pulled thro.Ruto will never be found in any graft coz he signs nothing
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 08:52:16 AM »
The biggest scandal in kenya is the complete mismanagement of kenya finances. Its the reason why Kenya is now under IMF structural adjustment program. Jubilee government starting with uhuru should resign and get adults to fix the problem. Its absolutely pathetic that Jubilee inherited a robust economy with a growing private sector and 5yrs later we're in IMF programs. For uhuru to imagine that he can extend his rule its ridiculous. Why would Kenyans want to extend their economic misery? 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 10:16:01 AM »
Ruto's too clever to be caught nor is that the intent. The loot will be confiscated and his tumbocrats will abandon him. He will be denied the Jubilee ticket and form another Kalenjin party. In the very slim chance he becomes president it will be a coalition with Raila or GEMA not the Kanu 2.0 looting machine he attempted to create with himself as Nyayo.

So long as he ends up with the money in his bank account then it can be traced to him. Its called "follow the money".  Sooner or later he will he will have to explain how he got the money.  He must be working with someone or some people who will one day flip on him and testify against him. Its just a matter of time. No one is invisible.  He has gotten away with murder but nothing lasts forever.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »
The biggest scandal in kenya is the complete mismanagement of kenya finances. Its the reason why Kenya is now under IMF structural adjustment program. Jubilee government starting with uhuru should resign and get adults to fix the problem. Its absolutely pathetic that Jubilee inherited a robust economy with a growing private sector and 5yrs later we're in IMF programs. For uhuru to imagine that he can extend his rule its ridiculous. Why would Kenyans want to extend their economic misery?
Where were you when Kenyans tried to end their economic misery and were introduced to Msandoism, Baby Moraaism, Supreme Court intimidation and betrayal by Western powers, and the whole time cheered by tribesmembers of the Jubilee leadership? Where were you when huge swathes of the population were getting ready to secede? Kenyans are tired. Their fighters are tired. At this point, a course correction will be gladly welcomed even if the person correcting created the mess to begin with. We saw Ruto supporters salivating over the prospect not just of looting, which we are used to, but much worse: the ruthless crushing of dissent and the hope to return Kenya to the pre-90s Nyayo chambers era. To a person like me, an incompetent kamwana trying at last to do something for selfish purposes is better than a Ruto+friends who just can't wait to star in the role of a 1900s era 'African dictator'.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2018, 05:07:46 PM »

Like someone mentioned, while there seems to be positive movements, we cannot start to even suggest there is a real purge until prison gates start slamming on some mbutas and assets and proceeds returned to the public.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
You're given to imagination and creativity - there is really no real war against the graft. The purge against graft is good - but don't get carried away - Moi use to do this in 90s and looting would resume. The failure to arrest Matiangi for me is enough signal Uhuru is not going to whole hog.

That settles...Uhuru may entertain the ideas by PUTIN - of extending his rule - but I doubt he has the stomach for long drawn political war. He really has no fire in the belly and will take Ruto offer of him lazying around while still being respected as elder stateman or Jubilee Supreme Leader  - that whack ideas where Uhuru takes Duale role and deals with MPIGS.

Some of the crazy ideas you guys here entertain are just laughable. The man to beat remain WILLIAM RUTO. He is running alone.

Ruto's too clever to be caught nor is that the intent. The loot will be confiscated and his tumbocrats will abandon him. He will be denied the Jubilee ticket and form another Kalenjin party. In the very slim chance he becomes president it will be a coalition with Raila or GEMA not the Kanu 2.0 looting machine he attempted to create with himself as Nyayo.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2018, 06:57:11 PM »
Where were you when Kenyans tried to end their economic misery and were introduced to Msandoism, Baby Moraaism, Supreme Court intimidation and betrayal by Western powers, and the whole time cheered by tribesmembers of the Jubilee leadership? Where were you when huge swathes of the population were getting ready to secede? Kenyans are tired. Their fighters are tired. At this point, a course correction will be gladly welcomed even if the person correcting created the mess to begin with. We saw Ruto supporters salivating over the prospect not just of looting, which we are used to, but much worse: the ruthless crushing of dissent and the hope to return Kenya to the pre-90s Nyayo chambers era. To a person like me, an incompetent kamwana trying at last to do something for selfish purposes is better than a Ruto+friends who just can't wait to star in the role of a 1900s era 'African dictator'.
Does that absolve uhuru?. Economic misery started kicking in when private sector growth and credit started decelerating around late 2016 and early 2017.  Corruption in kenya starts with budget allocation. The budget and management office is under office of the president. Uhuru is more culpable than Ruto in the mismanagement of Kenya finances. So if government is fighting corruption it should start with office of president, roads and infrastructure and finally Health.