Author Topic: Watching Ruto break it down - Brilliant as ever - Kenya is lucky to have him  (Read 4616 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Cynical. He can always launch completed projects. He can go on supervision tours. I think stopping Ruto from campaigning is nearly impossible. He simply cannot stop. Maybe somehow cutting his finances - I don't know how - will cripple him. Ruto is laser focussed on 2022 and as it get draws nearer - he is going to accelerate campaigning.
The freeze is to stop Ruto from launching "projects" aka campaigning. He's now left with harambees which will further expose him as a fraud. He's headed to Kilifi next week for bible trasnslation harambee :)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Without projects to launch Ruto's national fundraisers will cement his position as unparalleled thief. Already he holds the trophy as the most corrupt Kenyan in history - beats Jomo hands down. Africa-wide he closely trails Mobutu and Abacha.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
The aim is to further taint his reputation as corrupt... with all the harambees. "Huyo mwizi akija hapa na pesa kwa gunia... kula pesa ni yako... usipigie yeye kura." Ruto despite the personal denials really muddied himself by Sudi,  Cherargei, Murkomen,  Duale resisting lifestyle audit. Kenyans overwhelmingly want graft tamed. He also still seems laser focused on Raila. There must be inside grapevine that 2022 will be Ruto v Raila.

Cynical. He can always launch completed projects. He can go on supervision tours. I think stopping Ruto from campaigning is nearly impossible. He simply cannot stop. Maybe somehow cutting his finances - I don't know how - will cripple him. Ruto is laser focussed on 2022 and as it get draws nearer - he is going to accelerate campaigning.
The freeze is to stop Ruto from launching "projects" aka campaigning. He's now left with harambees which will further expose him as a fraud. He's headed to Kilifi next week for bible trasnslation harambee :)
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Issues have never mattered in kenya - unless it's the issue Uhuru want to use to "convince" gema to to back out of 2022 deal - more like the "mau issues".
The aim is to further taint his reputation as corrupt... with all the harambees. "Huyo mwizi akija hapa na pesa kwa gunia... kula pesa ni yako... usipigie yeye kura." Ruto despite the personal denials really muddied himself by Sudi,  Cherargei, Murkomen,  Duale resisting lifestyle audit. Kenyans overwhelmingly want graft tamed. He also still seems laser focused on Raila. There must be inside grapevine that 2022 will be Ruto v Raila.

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Rotich is the new controller of budget from that directive

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
precisely.
Rotich is the new controller of budget from that directive

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Without projects to launch Ruto's national fundraisers will cement his position as unparalleled thief. Already he holds the trophy as the most corrupt Kenyan in history - beats Jomo hands down. Africa-wide he closely trails Mobutu and Abacha.

Apostasy is worse than blasphemy :D.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
There is no evidence that our macro-economic have worsened under Jubilee. In fact compared to what has happened to rest of Africa - Kenya is shinning star. In the period of global chaos - Kenya has managed to keep inflation under control, protected Kshs with admirable tenacity, kept interest rate under control & even capped it without adverse effects, economic growth has only been second best to likes of Ethiopia/Rwanda/TZ, yeah public debt has risen but if you remove SGR from treasury - it been pretty under control.

South Africa, Nigeria, Angola, Ethiopia, Egypt and name them - would love to be where we are - all of them in the last 5yrs of Jubilee regime - have been in crisis after crisis.

Such a shame that Treasury has listened to IMF and enforce stupid things like VAT on fuel. The sooner Treasury ignores IMF - the better for our economy.
Treasury needs that $1.5b loan to protect kenya shilling especially starting next year when foreign debts repayment starts. Otherwise it'll weaken to below 120 to the dollar with crazy inflation consequences. The condition is to cut budget deficit to below 4% meaning all those projects wont get financed unless the private sector really takes off. The capping of interest rates has given treasury leeway to borrow locally cheaply without interest exploding to 20% but the consequences has been crowding out of private sector. Most of jubilee projects haven't panned out e.g Electric connections has led to high energy rates as heavy users subsidize new connections. This means cost of production has gone up. 

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Hk,
No need of wasting time with pundit. He joined jubilee cult and became crazy

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Apostasy is worse than blasphemy :D.

Meaning?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
GEMA don't need convincing. Already the MPs have gone AWOL on Ruto. Uhuru's aiming for the swing zones that Ruto's been courting with "development". It becomes hard to market himself with the wrong headlines. I think Uhuru and Raila have struck a deal beyond AU roving ambassador that has Ruto worried because he doesn't know what it is.

Issues have never mattered in kenya - unless it's the issue Uhuru want to use to "convince" gema to to back out of 2022 deal - more like the "mau issues".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Standby facility was relevant only when USD was strengthening against nearly all currency 2 yrs ago. Right now we have so much forex I don't know why Treasury is panicking. We have nearly 6 months forex cover - against 3-4 months -  At one point our forex rose to nearly 10B dollars. Therefore fx risks are very minimal.
Treasury needs that $1.5b loan to protect kenya shilling especially starting next year when foreign debts repayment starts. Otherwise it'll weaken to below 120 to the dollar with crazy inflation consequences. The condition is to cut budget deficit to below 4% meaning all those projects wont get financed unless the private sector really takes off. The capping of interest rates has given treasury leeway to borrow locally cheaply without interest exploding to 20% but the consequences has been crowding out of private sector. Most of jubilee projects haven't panned out e.g Electric connections has led to high energy rates as heavy users subsidize new connections. This means cost of production has gone up. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Ruto is competing against nobody as of now. Once Uhuru declare what he wants - then we can analyze it. For now I am not sure what he wants - I think part of him want to extend his stay in power via constitutional amendment - while part of him is committed to Ruto deal.
GEMA don't need convincing. Already the MPs have gone AWOL on Ruto. Uhuru's aiming for the swing zones that Ruto's been courting with "development". It becomes hard to market himself with the wrong headlines. I think Uhuru and Raila have struck a deal beyond AU roving ambassador that has Ruto worried because he doesn't know what it is.