Author Topic: Watching Ruto break it down - Brilliant as ever - Kenya is lucky to have him  (Read 4614 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Suharto looted 35B dollars but through his leadership Indonesia economy sky-rocketed - so no problem if he skimmed off the cream.
https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/indonesias-remarkable-economic-transformation/.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Kenya economic growth hasn't averaged 6% under jubilee https://knoema.com/atlas/Kenya/Real-GDP-growth . To uhuruto development is grandiose project that are subsized by taxpayers so that they can claim to be the first in africa to do it. It is like in the 80's when moi was putting up monuments allover(nyayo) the country.Real economic growth is driven by increased productivity that result into increased incomes.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Pundit is beyond help-blind as a bat when it comes to Ruto. There was no cream to skim, so he drunk the milk.  As Dr. Ndii is asking, what is so valuable about a trip to from NBO to MSA that deserves 8k subsidy per trip.

Kenya economic growth hasn't averaged 6% under jubilee https://knoema.com/atlas/Kenya/Real-GDP-growth . To uhuruto development is grandiose project that are subsized by taxpayers so that they can claim to be the first in africa to do it. It is like in the 80's when moi was putting up monuments allover(nyayo) the country.Real economic growth is driven by increased productivity that result into increased incomes.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I think you're unfair. You're comparing Kibaki figures post-revision (rebasing) and uhuru figures (pre-rebasing). Typically the recommended re-basing is every 5yrs. We cannot afford to do that - we do census every 10yrs & other critical surveys after long period - so you can bet our economy is already off (and as is most likely we are under-estimating) - so when the next rebasing happen - possibly around 2022 - we will discover Jubilee was doing so well.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
We know from Moi what happens if you drink the milk. That should already have happened to us. Kenya economy as we speak is projected to grow at 6.3% - some institution are projecting even 7%!. Jubilee transformative agenda is there for everyone to see. You can start from devolution & ensuring all constitutional transition was done - to railways, roads, power & etc - and the very heart of this transformation is one William Ruto - the engine of gov who ensures everything ran so smoothly people don't even know.

This Jubilee administration has "get it done" mien that is very William Ruto. When these guys came - it use to take 2 weeks to clear stuff at mombasa - they went down and reduce it to 5 (now 3 days - before SGR). Whatever had been pending - digital migration of TV - done - changing from 8-4-4 to new systems - done - name it - done.e

There is a reason why Jubilee unlike many africa parties increased their votes in second term - from 50% to nearly 55% - and their parliamentary majority by huge margins. Kenya know when gov is working for them. Look at the roads...we had been stuck with expensive British roads design - Ruto comes and there is change of designs - now we are talking more 10,000 KMS of road under construction. From independence till Jubilee came - we had managed to tarmac about 12,000 Kms of Roads. Right now everywhere you go there is tarmacking of albeit low -seal roads. And JUbilee are targetting 30,000KMs of roads.

Those roads & electricity are things winning Jubilee votes. Those 30,000Kms road will win Ruto 2022 by HUGE MARGINS. The electricity coverage everywhere will be icing on the cake. The huge dams being build that will move water supply from 30% to 70% will win votes. The fact that everyone will have NHIF and will never worry about medical bills by 2022 will win votes. The fact that people will buy houses for 1m very soon will win votes.

You can talk bullshiet 24-7 of how Ruto is dangerous - but when people see tarmac  & electricity & water in places they never imagine possible - they will line up and vote. Ruto may steal but he has the brains to deliver. People are very tired of empty manenos from Raila - and want likes of Sonko & Ruto who get sh.iet done. Nobody cares about their motives or their shortcomings - they want to gov services, they want development and transformation that is hard to beat.

You cannot out-argue a railway line or a road however much you try.

Pundit is beyond help. Ouruto did not wait for the cream, they drunk the milk.  As Dr. Ndii is asking, what is so valuable about a trip from NBO to MSA that deserves 8k subsidy on SGR when poor people cannot afford basic health care, clean water or food.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
I think you're unfair. You're comparing Kibaki figures post-revision (rebasing) and uhuru figures (pre-rebasing). Typically the recommended re-basing is every 5yrs. We cannot afford to do that - we do census every 10yrs & other critical surveys after long period - so you can bet our economy is already off (and as is most likely we are under-estimating) - so when the next rebasing happen - possibly around 2022 - we will discover Jubilee was doing so well.
Rebasing doesn't affect growth but size of the economy.   

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Youre wrong
Rebasing doesn't affect growth but size of the economy.   

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
I don't know what makes Pundit believe GoK functions because of Ruto. It functions in spite of him. Corruption while not the biggest impediment is a significant growth disadvantage. We know development depends on two things;

Infrastructure - Kenya's big infrastructure development started under Kibaki/NARC - not even NARA as some like to claim. Kibaki started the "working nation" and "looking East" agenda. Jubilee simply continued and has done well here. If this has been flawless and Ruto somehow made it happen - that's merely his JD not some magic for which he should steal our money. He should tell us he's justified to steal as a commission of his hard work and see how the confession goes down. I watched the NTV State of the Nation video and he vowed he has never stolen a coin... I threw up!  :-\ Uhuru never bothers to claim he's clean... Ruto says it often and thinks people are stupid.

Stable judiciary - investors local and foreign always look for assurance. They know no supplier, or staff, or debtor, or govt official - will run off with their cash if the legal system works. This brings us to corruption which Ruto excels in. It's a virus that basically kills justice cause witness, cops, clerks, judges, jailers all are a chain in the link. It's pointless to take any thief to court in a corrupt country - and you have Ruto key guys like Murkomen and Duale opposing the war against corruption. So shameless.

Pundit seems to argue Ruto or Uhuru or politicians have a right to steal so long as they deliver. No, Pundit, Uhuruto have a job to create a working system where hard work is transparently rewarded - not dodgy "consultancy" - that does not depend on a super-Ruto to function. If D/PORK should be given 10% commission for delivery - put it to the vote. You say this so well and clear about Rwanda/Kagame - institutions equal sustainable growth - while lowering the bar for Samoei arap Ruto. I wonder why.  8)
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
I believe (without sufficient evidence) that Ruto was the gov fixer - at least the first term - and ultimate supervised gok - making sure ministers & PSs were doing their job. That is why he arrives at his office before dawn - and that supervision - I also believe (without sufficient evidence) - gave him a chance to know where the cream was - and where he could skim it off.

Kibaki started looking east - but ultimately Jubilee went complitely east - after ICC debacle with west - and Ruto was originator of many ideas - including the big push for SGR and other infrastructure projects - including low seal roads and electrification.

Regarding corruption - at our stage of development/underdevelopment - corruption (just like robbery) is INEVITABLE. It can take the democratic form of kenya -where it's free for all - or the dictatorial kind in Rwanda or Ethiopia - where a tiny elite of Tutsi basically control everything - and "corrupt" everything to their advantage - leaving the majority tusti gnashing their teeth.

Uhuru should deal with corruption - to minimize it - and make it Rwanda type - just for a chosen few - and that I support him. Ruto is intelligent enough to know when to stop looting :) He has to stop now.

I don't know what makes Pundit believe GoK functions because of Ruto. It functions in spite of him. Corruption while not the biggest impediment is a significant growth disadvantage. We know development depends on two things;

Infrastructure - Kenya's big infrastructure development started under Kibaki/NARC - not even NARA as some like to claim. Kibaki started the "working nation" and "looking East" agenda. Jubilee simply continued and has done well here. If this has been flawless and Ruto somehow made it happen - that's merely his JD not some magic for which he should steal our money. He should tell us he's justified to steal as a commission of his hard work and see how the confession goes down. I watched the NTV State of the Nation video and he vowed he has never stolen a coin... I threw up!  :-\ Uhuru never bothers to claim he's clean... Ruto says it often and thinks people are stupid.

Stable judiciary - investors local and foreign always look for assurance. They know no supplier, or staff, or debtor, or govt official - will run off with their cash if the legal system works. This brings us to corruption which Ruto excels in. It's a virus that basically kills justice cause witness, cops, clerks, judges, jailers all are a chain in the link. It's pointless to take any thief to court in a corrupt country - and you have Ruto key guys like Murkomen and Duale opposing the war against corruption. So shameless.

Pundit seems to argue Ruto or Uhuru or politicians have a right to steal so long as they deliver. No, Pundit, Uhuruto have a job to create a working system where hard work is transparently rewarded - not dodgy "consultancy" - that does not depend on a super-Ruto to function. If D/PORK should be given 10% commission for delivery - put it to the vote. You say this so well and clear about Rwanda/Kagame - institutions equal sustainable growth - while lowering the bar for Samoei arap Ruto. I wonder why.  8)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Whatever unproven efficiency Ruto adds to GoK is voodoo. 2007 Kenya grew at 7% without Ruto. The mega corruption he champions undermines the economy in image, ratings, investor confidence. The fact that his key men can brazenly oppose Uhuru and threaten to sabotage GoK in stiff-necked opposition to lifestyle audit just shows his greed is more overpowering than his wisdom. He only tucked in the tail when he realized he would be the bigger loser in a war with Uhuru and Raila.

Gee man. So what should we do about corruption - fight only the small fish? Don't you see any problem to state this here as part of your argument? You can be clearer and say you support the war against corruption so long as Ruto is sacrosanct. You sound like Ruto - not even a mea culpa! Ruto actually believes he has the right to loot. I know stealing and violence are not sins in Kalenjin culture but Ruto is exposed enough to know Kenya cannot sustainably run like this. That he's too greedy to stop and has corrupted so many people is scary.

What would Ruto do as PORK?

During Moi and Kibaki Kenya used to rank 8th behind UG in graft. In 5 years of Uhuruto Kenya is now merely behind Nigeria and Afghanistan. While it's debatable what President Ruto might achieve, one certain thing is he would frogmarch Kenya to No 1 globally on corruption. Yup,  we would easily be the most corrupt nation - how do you relate this to his miracles and efficiency? Sorry I don't see any efficiency as worth his level of sleaze.

I believe (without sufficient evidence) that Ruto was the gov fixer - at least the first term - and ultimate supervised gok - making sure ministers & PSs were doing their job. That is why he arrives at his office before dawn - and that supervision - I also believe (without sufficient evidence) - gave him a chance to know where the cream was - and where he could skim it off.

Kibaki started looking east - but ultimately Jubilee went complitely east - after ICC debacle with west - and Ruto was originator of many ideas - including the big push for SGR and other infrastructure projects - including low seal roads and electrification.

Regarding corruption - at our stage of development/underdevelopment - corruption (just like robbery) is INEVITABLE. It can take the democratic form of kenya -where it's free for all - or the dictatorial kind in Rwanda or Ethiopia - where a tiny elite of Tutsi basically control everything - and "corrupt" everything to their advantage - leaving the majority tusti gnashing their teeth.

Uhuru should deal with corruption - to minimize it - and make it Rwanda type - just for a chosen few - and that I support him. Ruto is intelligent enough to know when to stop looting :) He has to stop now.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch

It's refreshing to see this from you  :D .  The African does just well as an individual.  It's when it comes to running a society(which requires cooperation, in turn requiring predictability, itself requiring trust) that he fails dismally.  He sucks at what makes homo-sapiens a successful species.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

It's refreshing to see this from you  :D .  The African does just well as an individual.  It's when it comes to running a society(which requires cooperation, in turn requiring predictability, itself requiring trust) that he fails dismally.  He sucks at what makes homo-sapiens a successful species.

Very true.  Ergo,  the fact that GoK needs Ruto's "efficiency" to function is a failure, not a success. Uhuruto have perfected a super corrupt system that depends on whims to function. Uhuru has finally woken up to this and decided slaying the monster is a worthy legacy than the Big 4... Ruto vehemently opposes the boss. Well, until he sensed the public's mood - even Kalenjin support the war on corruption. Even if Ruto's ambitions fall victim to the war, I still support it. For once we have institutions actually working... that's a first in Kenya.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Focus on the output. If you ran a super-corrupt system and somehow manage to do what Jubilee have done - then I have no beef with that.You can have very little corruption and still remain a hell-hole. It's important to like Ruto said in the interview to focus on the output - not the inputs & internal processes (get lost in the details).

For example - KPLC - Inputs & processes are probably corrupt or corrupted - but Jubilee increased connection from 1.5-2M to now 6.5-7M in 5yrs (Output). That is amazing! It been touted as world fastest electrification - it's faster than when US was electrifying in 1930s. Jubilee moved electrification from less than 30% to 70% in 5yrs. Kibaki found electrification at 12% and he moved it to about 30%. That too was great. Jubilee are promising universal electricity coverage by 2022 - that will be about 85-95% of every kenyan household connected.

Here is World Bank praising Jubilee for world fastest electrification.
Bangladesh and Kenya, for example are faster in electrification than India. India, she said, is now entering final stage of electrification.

Look at roads - from before independence to Jubilee - we had tarmacked only 12,000Kms of roads. Jubilee are tarmacking around 10,000kms (5yrs) and targetting (30,000Kms). In 5yrs Jubilee will have brought bitumen standard roads to more places than 100yrs of previous governments. In 10yrs - they'd have done 3 times - what rest did in 100yrs.

Ruto has probably made tonnes of money selling poles to KPLC or winning contracts for his construction companies or kickbacks - but there is no denying that lot more millions of people have access to electricity and roads - maybe without corruption - they'd have done slightly more - say 75% instead of 70% - but moving it from 23% to 70% - is the elephant in the house.

Let us not get lost in nonsense - like who is most corrupt or not - when we know all that is our conjecture. The only corrupt people are those that have been found to be corrupt by a competent court and have exhausted all avenues of appeals & reviews. Those are very few now.

If after 5yrs - Uhuru come and say he fought corruption - and tout that as success without that fight reflecting in tangible outputs ( roads, rails, electricity, etc) - then he'd have failed. So fighting corruption is part of day to day activities (inputs) but ultimately he need to focus on the success. If his goal is to provide 500,000 units of housing and he think corruption like NYS will cripple it - then he should do it - together with what Ruto has been doing by ensuring their is strict supervisions & no lazy bones sleeping & letting targets fall below deadline. Corruption is one of risks that Uhuru legacy project will not see the light - but it's not the only one - the usual laziness or lack of seriouness & urgency from gov is probably the biggest threat.

Biggest threat in fighting corruption for it's sake is that it will make gov unable to move forward. People can't procure because they are afraid or the procurement take forever. People can make decisions because they could be arrested for merely sitting on some tender committe. I'd rather UhuRuto focus on delivery and see corruption as blocker - to be dealt with - on need by need basis - if corruption is stopping NYS from doing it's job - fix that - but if you go on a witch-hunt all over the gov - arresting people for show - then gov grinds to a halt.

Very true.  Ergo,  the fact that GoK needs Ruto's "efficiency" to function is a failure, not a success. Uhuruto have perfected a super corrupt system that depends on whims to function. Uhuru has finally woken up to this and decided slaying the monster is a worthy legacy than the Big 4... Ruto vehemently opposes the boss. Even if Ruto's ambitions fall victim to the war, I still support it. For once we have institutions actually working... that's a first in Kenya.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
This are the tell tell signs of a government in debt crises https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Uhuru--No-new-govt-projects-until-ongoing-ones-are-completed/539546-4673426-4j2e2s/index.html .The heavy spending hasn't led to private sector growth to pay up for debt. In addition the government is crowding out private sector.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Very strange. I guess National Treasury are struggling to finance the new budget or Uhuru is trying to stall things as he tighten controls on corruption.I think Uhuru is trying to usurp the power of budget controller. Finance should focus on funding the budget. Projects will be started with express permission of Budget Controller.
This are the tell tell signs of a government in debt crises https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Uhuru--No-new-govt-projects-until-ongoing-ones-are-completed/539546-4673426-4j2e2s/index.html .The heavy spending hasn't led to private sector growth to pay up for debt. In addition the government is crowding out private sector.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Ruto is a crook
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 09:59:21 AM »
For once Kikuyu spokesman HK has spoken the truth.

The IMF mission was in Kenya and left without issuing its final report. Shortly after we had Uhuru freeze new projects.

We had seen some really bad taxation plans in the budget proposals which Uhuru breathlessly rushed through parliament and signed in as if possessed. The mistakes made and the shortcuts used led to the high court striking out a number awaiting full litigation.

I see no reason to argue with HK. It is simple logic: If there is money why stop new projects and risk worsening the absorption capacity that has never really been up to scratch?

Binge looting is slowly coming to an end. The party arising from the spending of the loot will soon stop. Uhuru's freezing of projects serves as an alert that this is the last song before the music is switched off.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Doesn't make sense that kenya is struggling in a year where agriculture is doing so well, economy is already projected to grow past 6%, and KRA while struggling still collecting 14B dollars - this year they want to try $17B (bit ambitious), SGR is already at 5yr projected cargo and will turn profitable this year, KSHS is strongest currency now in Africa against USD, remittance (mostly money stashed abroad) are pouring in at double the rate, I mean everything is looking up for kenya economic wise - except exports that continue to dip.

Obviously IMF want kenya to do stupid things 1) to reduce deficit - meaning cutting development & social programs - borrow less from chinese  & domestically
2) to remove interest capping. All these so they can give us a stand by facility of mere 1.5B dollars to protect Kshs (which is already strong). I don't see either of IMF nonsense happening - Parliament will not reverse the interest capping nor reduce it's deficit (budget making is no longer treasury job) - Treasury just has to reform KRA and Uhuru has to deal with graft.

I'd rather private sector struggle - then shackle kenyans with bank interest of 25% like most countries in Africa! Our banks have made super-normal profit for nearly 30yrs - it time for their music to stop. No private sector can make money from borrowing at 25%!

Uhuru I hope is enforcing stringent measures as part of the procurement & tendering overhaul. I hope he is stopping the taps from running so he can seal the loopholes. Once everyone dealing with public money is vetted afresh, new controls are in place and IFMIS is deployed everywhere & secured - then I hope kenya can continue to invest more.

The IMF mission was in Kenya and left without issuing its final report. Shortly after we had Uhuru freeze new projects.

We had seen some really bad taxation plans in the budget proposals which Uhuru breathlessly rushed through parliament and signed in as if possessed. The mistakes made and the shortcuts used led to the high court striking out a number awaiting full litigation.

I see no reason to argue with HK. It is simple logic: If there is money why stop new projects and risk worsening the absorption capacity that has never really been up to scratch?

Binge looting is slowly coming to an end. The party arising from the spending of the loot will soon stop. Uhuru's freezing of projects serves as an alert that this is the last song before the music is switched off.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Ruto is a crook
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2018, 10:30:01 AM »

Binge looting is slowly coming to an end. The party arising from the spending!!! of the loot will soon stop. Uhuru's freezing of projects serves as an alert that this is the last song before the music is switched off.
I am not a kikuyu spokesperson!!! I know its in jest . Jubilee government is probably the worst regime managing fiscal policies. In september Rotich will be forced to VAT fuel which will cripple the economy further.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
There is no evidence that our macro-economic have worsened under Jubilee. In fact compared to what has happened to rest of Africa - Kenya is shinning star. In the period of global chaos - Kenya has managed to keep inflation under control, protected Kshs with admirable tenacity, kept interest rate under control & even capped it without adverse effects, economic growth has only been second best to likes of Ethiopia/Rwanda/TZ, yeah public debt has risen but if you remove SGR from treasury - it been pretty under control.

South Africa, Nigeria, Angola, Ethiopia, Egypt and name them - would love to be where we are - all of them in the last 5yrs of Jubilee regime - have been in crisis after crisis.

Such a shame that Treasury has listened to IMF and enforce stupid things like VAT on fuel. The sooner Treasury ignores IMF - the better for our economy.

I am not a kikuyu spokesperson!!! I know its in jest . Jubilee government is probably the worst regime managing fiscal policies. In september Rotich will be forced to VAT fuel which will cripple the economy further.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
The freeze is to stop Ruto from launching "projects" aka campaigning. He's now left with harambees which will further expose him as a fraud. He's headed to Kilifi next week for bible translation harambee :)