Author Topic: vooke explain: The Collective GEMA Push  (Read 15176 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
vooke explain: The Collective GEMA Push
« on: September 26, 2014, 04:23:26 PM »
Some how GEMA acts in unison and exclusive of all other values other than collective good. Whether it is Kamanda writing an unintelligible "report" clearing SGR (Railway); Or a tribal council coming together to clear Equity vs Safaricom - the actions are concerted and aimed at the betterment of the GEMA community.

That is what makes other Kenyans extremely suspicious of GEMA.
The Federation of Kenyan Employers (FKE) has said calls for a referendum are creating an environment that may dent investor confidence.

The employers also criticised the impending government move to implement new National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) rates.

The FKE said in a statement that it was improper for the NHIF to announce a major change touching on employees without engaging their employers as key stakeholders.

"Whereas employers do not contribute to this fund, their role in collection, remittance and compliance must not be downplayed," said FKE.

LACK OF DIRECTION

The employers argued that health care is a complex national issue for which adequate and effective consultations are key.

They said such actions show lack of clear direction on how to implement the government's plan for universal health care.

"Further, making such unilateral decisions could bring to question the capacity of NHIF to handle the intended changes in a well-thought-out manner," said the employers.

On the clamour for a national referendum by both the opposition and the Council of Governors, FKE said that the effects of the referendum should be properly gauged to the already high cost of doing business in the country.

They said it was not yet time for the country to be engulfed in yet another political duel just a year after the hotly contested general election besides the country trying to crawl from other hostile challenges posed by insecurity and terrorism.

"Kenya is on the right path to economic prosperity and whilst devolution is also set to transform the outlook of Kenya, this depends on how we are quickly able to get all structures working effectively and ensure that time and resources are not wasted on unnecessary sideshows," argue the employers.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Referendum-push-scaring-investors/-/1056/2466004/-/1vc3lrz/-/index.html
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Re: vooke explain: The Collective GEMA Push
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
Negro,
yours is a self-fulfilling prophecy
Take Equity. Is it really GEMA? Break down its shareholdings and revert asap

On Referendum, and I think Njue was being the idiot i have always thought him to be, what makes you think that ONLY GEMA is against Referendum? That appears to be the cheapest slur you can hurl at those who oppose Rayirla.

So you will see GEMA whenever and wherever and you will see self-interest whenever and wherever. And when there is no GEMA like in Duale, you will see bribery.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 05:14:25 PM »
Negro,
yours is a self-fulfilling prophecy
Take Equity. Is it really GEMA? Break down its shareholdings and revert asap

On Referendum, and I think Njue was being the idiot i have always thought him to be, what makes you think that ONLY GEMA is against Referendum? That appears to be the cheapest slur you can hurl at those who oppose Rayirla.

So you will see GEMA whenever and wherever and you will see self-interest whenever and wherever. And when there is no GEMA like in Duale, you will see bribery.
You picked out one example to prosecute. I cited Equity case as an example of GEMA acting in concert. You have gone ahead of me to state what I had not yet considered seriously.

1. Who else has a motive for opposing the referendum
2. Do you happen to know who the "others" are?

Here is what I found on Equity. Note it is not my focus.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »
I don't and neither are you but NOBODY holds anything more than the quoted ratios. Recall the company listed at NSE, I have no idea how many shares was listed but they was oversubscribed. Does that prove anything? Why would GEMA act in concert over Equity?

Jubirlee gavaa is against the referendum for one
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »
How can a people exercising their constitutionally sanctioned democratic rights dent investor confidence. Even if it were, what is more important, investors confidence or wanaichi's democratic rights.  Only in Kenya can people make such idiotic statements and get away with it.  Contrast. Whe Mayor Di Blasio of NYC was asked whether the protesters caused traffic jam, he retorted, "1ST Amendment is more important than traffic jams".

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 05:24:52 PM »
How much stake does Trancentury hold in Helios?
This is bartalk my broda
And am sure you have no idea Helio almost exited
Who Actually Owns Equity Bank?
By a Guest writer (Mark)

Besides the fact that Transcentury holds a direct stake in Equity bank, it also holds a stake through Britak which in turn has a large shareholding of Equity Bank.

Recently, Transcentury also bought the maximum stake allowable for one shareholder of a bank in Kenya (24.9%) though their holding in Helios EB Partnershttp://www.transcentury.co.ke/transcentury/portfolio.aspwww.equitybank.co.ke

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 05:29:31 PM »
I don't and neither are you but NOBODY holds anything more than the quoted ratios. Recall the company listed at NSE, I have no idea how many shares was listed but they was oversubscribed. Does that prove anything? Why would GEMA act in concert over Equity?

Jubirlee gavaa is against the referendum for one
Now you are where you should I have been before pointing a finger at me. I never established the motive for the evidently concerted actions. My speculation is as good as yours. A friend says GEMA by some method has majority shareholding. I have nothing to support that as you know mercantile issues are uninteresting to me.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 05:34:32 PM »
How much stake does Trancentury hold in Helios?
This is bartalk my broda
And am sure you have no idea Helio almost exited
Could repeating help? I have no idea who owns Equity. I cited the ACTIONS of GEMA on this matter. I have no idea what the motive is and perhaps a deeper understanding of the ownership could explain. It is speculative.

If Equity is not a good example of GEMA acting in concert, I can well withdraw it and replace it with twenty other examples. We can look at the National Security Advisory Council. There are many examples of the Central Bank (NJuguna Ndungu); KRA (Njiraini); KPA (GEMA) acting in concert. I think you are deliberately missing the point.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 05:35:11 PM »
Parliament(Jubirlee/GEMA) is certainly [pulling in the opposite direction and Wangusi is no GEMA but of course he was bribed

Now you are where you should I have been before pointing a finger at me. I never established the motive for the evidently concerted actions. My speculation is as good as yours. A friend says GEMA by some method has majority shareholding. I have nothing to support that as you know mercantile issues are uninteresting to me.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »

There are NO GEMA actions behind Equity, you just see what you want. Let's drop bartalk and stick to a SINGLE example

Could repeating help? I have no idea who owns Equity. I cited the ACTIONS of GEMA on this matter. I have no idea what the motive is and perhaps a deeper understanding of the ownership could explain. It is speculative.

If Equity is not a good example of GEMA acting in concert, I can well withdraw it and replace it with twenty other examples. We can look at the National Security Advisory Council. There are many examples of the Central Bank (NJuguna Ndungu); KRA (Njiraini); KPA (GEMA) acting in concert. I think you are deliberately missing the point.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »
Parliament is simply seeking rent bro. You know it and they have just got freezing cold water in the lap. Wangusi is a window dressing. Now is your turn to look at the composition of the CCK Board.

Parliament(Jubirlee/GEMA) is certainly [pulling in the opposite direction and Wangusi is no GEMA but of course he was bribed

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »
I called it
Either there be one too many GEMA or non-GEMA was bribed
Pundit can't stomach PORK-In-Waiting opposing referendum. He is an oddity and must be Ouru's poodle or something
Parliament is simply seeking rent bro. You know it and they have just got freezing cold water in the lap. Wangusi is a window dressing. Now is your turn to look at the composition of the CCK Board.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 05:44:58 PM »
Nope. I can't stomach DPORK opposing devolution. Something dear to RVs.
Pundit can't stomach PORK-In-Waiting opposing referendum. He is an oddity and must be Ouru's poodle or something

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »
--- image removed----

There are NO GEMA actions behind Equity, you just see what you want. Let's drop bartalk and stick to a SINGLE example
vooke

You got amusing jokes:

1. CCK - Gema dominated - approves
2. Central Bank - Gema - Approves
3. Note that it is not even Wangusi who announced the decision but the Chairman (which is NOT his mandate)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 05:53:01 PM »
I called it
Either there be one too many GEMA or non-GEMA was bribed

I think your analogy is wrong. You should look at the facts but also the circumstances and apply your knowledge of the special country Kenya.

1. It raised eyebrows that the Chairman of the Board sidelined the CEO (Isaac Hassan style) and took over the decision making;
2. Did CBK governor recuse himself from the decision-making process owing to his interests in Equity, his role as the CBK governor etc. Instead he joined the CA Chairman as he announced the waiver.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 05:58:30 PM »
Negro,
Please let me go relax, I have a loooong trip ahead tomorrow. I will respond accordingly when am free
My two cents is you reading Okoyuism (a bad thing) too hard even where it is not the case. You have a weakness; you exaggerate too much and this makes one ignore your points which are usually right and focus on debunking your 'excesses'

I think your analogy is wrong. You should look at the facts but also the circumstances and apply your knowledge of the special country Kenya.

1. It raised eyebrows that the Chairman of the Board sidelined the CEO (Isaac Hassan style) and took over the decision making;
2. Did CBK governor recuse himself from the decision-making process owing to his interests in Equity, his role as the CBK governor etc. Instead he joined the CA Chairman as he announced the waiver.

Robina

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 08:41:11 PM »
Gema runs a cabal. It's called self preservation. Not different from other groups with some intelligence. How else do you suppose they should act?

Offline Kichwambaya

• Regular
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 08:48:57 PM »
Robina, we know why they act the way they do but that does not make it right or acceptable. In law they allow self-defense as a justification defense but not self-preseavation. In other words, if you are stranded in an Island with another indvidual without food and water, you cannot kill her and eat her to self-presearve.

Gema runs a cabal. It's called self preservation. Not different from other groups with some intelligence. How else do you suppose they should act?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »
What is remarkable is the simple fact that having taken over state institutions that are supposed to curb such behavior, they proceeded to emasculate the institutions and bend them to allow, facilitate and support the very acts those institutions are supposed to be fighting. That appears to be the way around the institutions. While in the Kenyatta I Era, they would kill the institution and in Kibaki Era they would sideline it, under Uhuru they subjugate the institution.

It is the same whether you are thinking of the National Security Advisory Council which issues statements banning CORD rallies; Or The Central Bank taking partisan decisions favoring Equity and Nyooba owned businesses; Or KRA, Communication Authority and County Commissioners, etc.