Author Topic: Uhuru Kenyatta Vs Bill Ruto  (Read 10562 times)

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
Re: Uhuru Kenyatta Vs Bill Ruto
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2018, 02:28:24 PM »
Making a VP choice that will unite Gema is easier said than done. In fact most choices will divide them rather than unite them. In 2002 Moi thought that by picking a Kikuyu presidential candidate he was home free then came Kibaki tosha. Ruto can pick Peter Kenneth if he wants but other presidential candidates including Gidi can also pick a Gema. There may also be a Gema presidential candidate. Ruto has no monopoly over Gema vote.

There are because they are gaining now and in the future. Uhuru cannot follow through things - he'll get tired soon enough if not high - so these mps know in Ruto - btw now & 2022 - they have a reliable accessible partner - who can unlock many doors in gov & make things happen.

The future is interesting - here is Uhuru who is going lameduck and his orphans are trying "impossible" move to extend his term somehow - and here is Ruto the heir apparent - who "must" choose a GEMA DPORK.Most ambitious politicians will want to be part of the future (if not design that future). And that future right now is Ruto. Uhuru has to figure out how to extend his term or make it clear he will chose the DPORK for Ruto.

Uhuru has to crystallize his plan for the future. And do it fast because power hates vacuum. The likes of PK will fill the void and by the time Uhuru wants to appoint his wife as DPORK - Ruto would already have picked his DPORK.

What you describe there is the cosmetic part of the war.

Rallies where people dance and raise fingers (hopefully not the middle one) are just michezo ya kuigiza ( public drama, if you will). Those are usually the smokescreens to hide the real fight.

What should worry you is why those loyalist GEMA Mps are "supporting" Ruto.
"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Uhuru Kenyatta Vs Bill Ruto
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2018, 04:12:51 PM »
It actually easy - the battle is really btw Muranga & Mt Kenya east. Nyeri & Kiambu have had their fair share. I see Uhuru leaning more towards Muranga - and there the competition is btw current governor Wa Iria & now PK - and in Mt Kenya East - Kithure Kindiki. Kindiki seem like a spare time. Kiunjuri has gone silent...but I consider him also one of possible DPORK candidates. Uhuru obviously rans GEMA and he'll have final word...so Ruto has to think about PLAN B incase Uhuru has other ideas...and that would be Luhya.
Making a VP choice that will unite Gema is easier said than done. In fact most choices will divide them rather than unite them. In 2002 Moi thought that by picking a Kikuyu presidential candidate he was home free then came Kibaki tosha. Ruto can pick Peter Kenneth if he wants but other presidential candidates including Gidi can also pick a Gema. There may also be a Gema presidential candidate. Ruto has no monopoly over Gema vote.