Author Topic: .com old timers have vanished  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
.com old timers have vanished
« on: June 24, 2018, 05:00:07 PM »
I've looked at the old nipate for a few weeks and it seems to me the majority of those active guys just left.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: .com old timers have vanished
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 07:41:07 PM »
The result of a heavily censored site in the days of Twitter, telegram, FB etc.

RVHH gained excessive influence over the site. It identified as a Ruto site. I think it will follow RCB in to the grave.

I could list their mistakes but I would be helping a site I prefer to see dead.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:13:33 PM »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 08:42:30 PM »
Most of the guys relocated to Kenya.mthey were in their late 50s or early and so they have retired home

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »
Most of the guys relocated to Kenya.mthey were in their late 50s or early and so they have retired home
There is internet in Kenya and it is getting cheaper.
If they were that old then it follows they would be "conservative" and not join the new media (Twitter, FB etc)

These sites doubled as news sites in a period when Moi had clamped down on the media. It follows that with all the media available in Kenya now online (FM stations, WhatsApp, Telegram, Periscope, ....) the news part is gone. It leaves political debate (and many still come around to read Pundit lying to them). TOP has become a Jubilee zone as seen by expulsion of anybody seen to be against Jubilee. As we move into the Uhuru Succession, it will become URP while Kikuyus may find refuge at .org even if only because we will tend to be "balanced" by attacking both URP and TNA

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 02:41:38 PM »
I meant guys who were still posting just a few months ago. Theyve just vanished.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 03:18:36 PM »
I meant guys who were still posting just a few months ago. Theyve just vanished.
They come around during elections or when there is a crisis.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 05:06:40 PM »
They are around most are losers..ie some are 55 year olds with no stable job and young kids so that why they go offline..the others are losers who shuttle between diaspora and Kenya

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »
I meet some of these guys and they do not realize I know them online