Author Topic: What happened to oldun and cookie  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
What happened to oldun and cookie
« on: June 18, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »
Two urbanites that were apolitical. Very nice guys..oldun was super smart enterprenuer..the only Kenya that has ever helped me process a loan and given me a referral..I will email the bastard and see what he is up to ..I think he was pibolar or crazy ..

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: What happened to oldun and cookie
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 02:08:34 PM »
Old'un is here, he posted not too long ago. Not sure where dear Cookie is though.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 02:10:43 PM »
Ok nice to here..how are veri? Enjoying winter in down under

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 02:30:27 PM »
Hey GC, I'm good thanks. You?

It's been bone cold. Brrrrr cold.

I'm watching the series Liquid Science right now... have you seen it?

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 04:02:37 PM »
Stay warm..I hate winter..I suffer serious asd during winter. I am told it caused by vitamin d deficiency..this coming winter I will install a sun room ..I am doing faboulous..I haven't seen the series is it on HBO..I have been busy with my boys that it leaves little time to watch TV

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 12:25:13 PM »
Hey GC, yep, thanks. I had a cold last week from not being warm enough. I definitely keep snug now. The series is on Netflix, the Wu Tan guy explores science issues like mars, vr, cryogenic options after death etc. What do you do with the guys that keeps you busy if you don't mind me asking.

What's asd?

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 12:55:52 PM »
Old'un is here, he posted not too long ago. Not sure where dear Cookie is though.
Cookie... I know Cookie
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 01:24:10 PM »
I have boys I am raising and they love sports so I get to drive them one place to another.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 01:25:33 PM »
I got an update. I got an email from oldun he is safe and sound just hustling in the other side of the globe

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 01:29:51 PM »
I have boys I am raising and they love sports so I get to drive them one place to another.

I see. So dad duties. Bravo. Good to hear they enjoy sports. The clouds were angry today so I've been listening to some music. I think you'll like this one GC... Resting with Angels by Ella Macens: https://soundcloud.com/ella-macens/resting-with-angels-for-string-quartet

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 01:30:58 PM »
Cookie... I know Cookie

Hey Omollo, is Cookie well?

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 01:31:24 PM »
Sorry the disorder is called sad
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/seasonal-affective-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20364651

A lot of people from tropics suffer this disorder..but since being depressed is frowned upon most suffer in silence.. some do who has been treating Ethiopians for years told me it is vitamin deficiency...I know as as soon as spring hits my energy levels rebound ..

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 01:54:45 PM »
Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear. What works for me is chamomile tea. Calms me. Please try some chamomile tea before you sleep.

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 02:10:42 PM »
Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear. What works for me is chamomile tea. Calms me. Please try some chamomile tea before you sleep.
I try it ..I did Melatonin but that stuff doesn't clear in the morning you're left feeling cloggy

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 02:27:34 PM »
I try it ..I did Melatonin but that stuff doesn't clear in the morning you're left feeling cloggy

I think you need a clear night routine. A way to destress and not think so much. Chamomile, a hot bath and candles work for me but maybe in your case you need to sort of find time for yourself somehow. I don't think the answer is in diagnoses like SAD and finding treatments but really just finding a way to be at peace before you sleep. If sex isn't always an option then maybe just deep breathes, meditation, vege out sort of, just no reading or entertaining the little guys before you sleep. That can spike stress levels. I just recently bought a Fitbit which monitors my sleep, heart rate among many other benefits. I highly recommend a smart watch which might help you find a momentum or elevate your routine. My Fitbit tells me when I need to sleep, when to step around, how much REM sleep or deep sleep I've been having, wakes me up when I have a nightmare, tells me to relax if my heart rate is too high etc. etc.

Btw, I'm going to my cousin's wedding soon in Seoul and I've been catching up with what's happening since it's been a while. They're having some K-pop group for entertainment, so I've been watching some K-pop on youtube just now... I don't quite get the craze... do you listen to K-pop?

How are the wedding guests supposed to dance to K-pop?? ??

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 03:05:47 PM »
Lol I do not dance at  weddings.. I usually leave as soon as I can

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 09:08:18 PM »
I miss the good oldie days. James Mboya too. But Cookie is a millionaire. He made his money during the real estate kaboom.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 01:50:58 PM »
Yep. He used to post odd images...

GC, I can't imagine anyone actually dancing to K-pop.. maybe if they gyrate their hips Kenyan style... that could be funky.