Author Topic: Mca trying to fight mechanization  (Read 555 times)

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Mca trying to fight mechanization
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:41:30 AM »
The idiot is looking up for casual workers fwilikg to understand that it is bizness stupid..
https://www.nation.co.ke/counties/nandi/Row-rages-over-plan-to-tax-tea-plucking-machines-Nandi/3444806-4608874-iiet7oz/index.html

I will buy one of these machines

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Mca trying to fight mechanization
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 06:57:08 PM »
I agree with the MCA. Technology has to be heavily taxed given it is replacing so many workers. This multinationals have milked the land and the people for long. This is the only way counties and KRA can raise money for social services in a place with huge informal employees who pay no income taxes. The main problem is the money going to the pockets/accounts of the tax collecting thieves, air suppliers and not desired social services.

Treasury/National Assembly should also introduce a bill on taxing of Safaricom, Google, Facebook, Uber and all these tech companies setting shop in Nairobi. 

I like the way Trump is trying to get to Amazon with proposals to review its deals with the Postal Services. Though it is more about the beef with Bezos and Washington Post - it is a case for more taxation on these tech companies given they even exploit/benefit from resources built by public funds.

The land these farms sit on is county owned - it should be easier for serious counties to renegotiate the lease terms.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Mca trying to fight mechanization
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:15:26 PM »
Gout, why can't the govt buy the tea farm.trump is an demagogue. Right now in my town 2000 jobs have left since trump started ..all these are professional jobs paying over 70k a year..

American companies are dying from high debt and sga costs..the American worker is aging and become very expensive..automation will continue to accelerate till the end of this century